Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HitCount Plugin
(2013-04-09, 23:44:59)Oleg06 Wrote: Is it possible to somehow attach it to i18n special pages?

What do you mean? You can include a DynPages shortcut in your special pages view template.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
there will need to create a field
after updating to version 3.2.1, the link in the sidebar disappeared
(2013-04-27, 19:00:14)Oleg06 Wrote: after updating to version 3.2.1, the link in the sidebar disappeared

Just upgraded to 3.2.1 (replaced admin folder) and the link Support/Hits & Visits is stil there and working. Maybe the plugin got deactivated. Check on the plugins page.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I enable and disable the plugin, in fact, when I went back to version 3.2.0, the link has not appeared

I'm sorry, the link was found

I just wrote in the file gsconfig
Code:
define('HITCOUNT_TAB','pages');
and replaced it yesterday Smile
Hi!

I just started with GetSimple and I have version 3.2.1...I installed Hitcount, because I'd really love to count hits, obviously Wink Unfortunately after installing (had to create the data/other/hitcount directory and set it to 777), I get this error when accessing the hits & visits page:
Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /(hostaddress)/plugins/hitcount/backend.php on line 179

I really hope someone can help me Smile
(2013-04-28, 00:44:43)Kida Wrote: I just started with GetSimple and I have version 3.2.1...I installed Hitcount, because I'd really love to count hits, obviously Wink Unfortunately after installing (had to create the data/other/hitcount directory and set it to 777), I get this error when accessing the hits & visits page:

I suppose you have quite a new PHP version. I fixed the problem and uploaded version 2.1.1 to Extend.
Wow, that was fast! Smile It's working now! Thank you very much!!! Smile
the country does not show after update, and even after a return to the old version too
The version number of 2.1.1 still shows the old number 2.1. In the header comment it says 2.1.1 but not in register_plugin.

Besides of this small problem i'd like to thank your for this great plugin!
why stopped to show the countries
I was getting a lot of 404 hits showing with this plugin. When I made a page called /sitemap they all but stopped. I presume it was automated pinging of www.domain.com/sitemap although the hits showed as humans.
(2013-05-23, 21:01:22)Timbow Wrote: I was getting a lot of 404 hits showing with this plugin. When I made a page called /sitemap they all but stopped. I presume it was automated pinging of www.domain.com/sitemap although the hits showed as humans.

Can you please search /data/other/hitcount/log_*.txt for occurences of " 404 " and check the referers for obvious bots (not matching the regexp '/bot|spider|crawler|curl|slurp|^$/i'). I found "Aboundex" and a lot of "iPad".
I can update the recognition regexp.
Stuff like this?

1363789368 4134 404 Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Baiduspider/2.0; +http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html) (en-US)
[loads from the baiduspider]

1364026926 4399 404 MobileSafari/8536.25 CFNetwork/609 Darwin/13.0.0 (en-us)

1362883127 3664 404 Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Exabot/3.0; +http://www.exabot.com/go/robot)

But now I look most of the 404s are from
http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html

Does that help?
http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/
the country began to be considered, but today, May 31 all indicators have gone to zero
I get nothing with this plugin.

Screen shows the content but no data, no table, no graph, as if its empty.

I get Uncaught #<Object> in jqplot:30
No php errors.

GS 3.2.1

I see files for the data, though.

Any ideas?
Probably the worthless js error ever.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
reloaded a few things and finally got a backtrace
Uncaught #<Object> jquery.jqplot.min.js:30
C.init jquery.jqplot.min.js:30
w.jqplot jquery.jqplot.min.js:30
(anonymous function) load.php:250
n jquery.min.js:2
o.fireWith jquery.min.js:2
e.extend.ready jquery.min.js:2
c.addEventListener.B jquery.min.js:2
You only run hitcount_init on frontend, I had to troubleshoot why it keeps saying cannot open hitcount directory when it was never even attempted to create it.

You should run it also when visiting the hitcount page. Well the actual setup part of it.
(2013-06-01, 04:17:41)shawn_a Wrote: I get nothing with this plugin.

Screen shows the content but no data, no table, no graph, as if its empty.

I get Uncaught #<Object> in jqplot:30
No php errors.

GS 3.2.1

What does "shows the content but no data" mean?
As long as there are less than 2 days of data, the graph might fail.
Which browser do you use?
(2013-06-01, 01:03:53)Oleg06 Wrote: the country began to be considered, but today, May 31 all indicators have gone to zero

I also have a problem like this on my site: months Febr. and April are not indexed, all values are 0. But locally it works. I have to investigate...
chrome latest.
no data when I click export csv either.

The table is also empty, shows headers but thats it.
PAGE HITS OVER TIME VISITS OVER TIME HITS VISITS
I think tomorrow it will work Smile
Hitcount version 2.1.2:
  • solves an issue preventing correct indexing non-daylight months in daylight time and vice versa.
  • creates the hitcount directory in the backend, if it does not exist (@shawn_a)

Note: Indexing the hitcount log is done based on the current time zone - indexing a non daylight month in a daylight month or vice versa might assign the first/last hour to the previous/next day. But as there is no hourly distribution statistic this should be no problem.
Is there a reason you cannot just use GMT and only do timezone / dst conversion on display ?