Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HitCount Plugin
(2013-06-01, 06:57:27)shawn_a Wrote: Is there a reason you cannot just use GMT and only do timezone / dst conversion on display ?

Currently the logs are split by month (local time). Then an indexer pulls the relevant information from the logs by month again using local time (which might be different, which caused the problem mentioned above). The indexes are lists of list of values (sums for each day in the month).
Thus the current approach does not allow an on-the-fly time conversion, as the values used are already daily sums.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Gotcha, kind of like webalizer or awstats.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
ThX a LOT mr.Vlcek, excellent job again Smile
Hi, Is it possible to publish the statistics of daily visits, monthly visits and total visits on the front page from the website, using return_hitcount_visits ()?
(2013-06-15, 12:49:09)JoZ3 Wrote: Hi, Is it possible to publish the statistics of daily visits, monthly visits and total visits on the front page from the website, using return_hitcount_visits ()?

No, you only get the total number of visits. There are no functions to show the daily and monthly visits on the frontend.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
This plugin counts the visit, but does not show the graphs. What could be wrong?
31 July statistics for some reason there is no
Hitcount version 2.1.3:
  • solves the problem that hits on July 31 (and possibly other month end days) are displayed as 0 (@Oleg06)
Thanks Smile
using download interceptor, when a download link is clicked (a zip file), show this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /membri/sitename/plugins/download_interceptor/intercept.php on line 20
---
Error show if that rule is putted at the end of .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^data/uploads/(.*)$ plugins/download_interceptor/intercept.php?file=$1 [L]
Hi there, I'm using the HitCount PlugIn for several websites, but i found some issues, i hope you can help me with.

1) Indexing Countries doesn't work, and the hitcount folders and countryfiles exists in data/other/ folder.
2) When vistiting the index page of the homepage, two hits are registred: 1 for index page and 1 for 404.

Re #1, on my other homepages, the counties are indexed OK, and the only difference i can see, where i'm using a subdomain eg. subdomain.nikro.dk - doesn't work, but nikro.dk have no problem with indexing the countries.

Both have a lot of 404 hits.

Any ideas?

Cheers, NielsK
Hello.
I first do a site and faced following problem: i haven't any data in country tab, no diagram or country list. In the errorlog writes the following:
Code:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: country in /home/public_html/plugins/hitcount/backend.php on line 180
and
Code:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: country in /home/public_html/plugins /hitcount/backend.php on line 179
, depending on whether i select switch hits or visits. Country database downloaded and installed. Since my site is under construction, all of its visitors from the same country. Version Hitcount 2.1.3, CMS - 3.2.3, PHP - 5.3.27. I'm change PHP version from 5.2 to 5.5 but i still have problem.

P. S. Sorry, my English isn't good. I'm using Google Translate.
UP! Can anybody help me, please.
@mvlcek

what i have to do if i like to reset the hitcounter data complete?

Delete and new install does not any effect.

Hope you can help.
(2014-04-27, 23:59:18)phpman Wrote: what i have to do if i like to reset the hitcounter data complete?

Delete all files from data/other/hitcount and data/other/hitcount_index.
thanks, is it possible to implement a "reset" function to set back the counter inside the admin panel?
Counter on my page resets (incorrect value in visits.txt). All other informations are right. Is it possible to restore the correct value?
(2014-05-21, 17:39:26)Nobody Wrote: Counter on my page resets (incorrect value in visits.txt). All other informations are right. Is it possible to restore the correct value?

You can get the value from the page hits in Hits & Visits and enter it into the file.
HitCount latest verstion (2.1.3.)

The error is that start date and end date in "Hits and Visits" are set "1999-11-30" and cannot be changed (the entry after change returns back to initial "1999-11-30").

There is no data in "data/other/hitcount/logs", although the folder is CHMODed to 0755

So, how this date can be changed? Thank you!
Since several weeks, the ip-to-country site seems to be not responding anymore and contacting them is useless ( no replies at all ).

Does anybody have the latest version of the IP location database ?

@mvlcek: Do you have plans to use MaxMinds free IPv4 and IPv6 databases in HitCount in the future ?

Romain
plugin on my site works fine
(2014-06-28, 19:59:50)rpetges Wrote: Since several weeks, the ip-to-country site seems to be not responding anymore and contacting them is useless ( no replies at all ).

Does anybody have the latest version of the IP location database ?

So this may not be the latest version of the IP location database, but I did manage to find a file that worked.

For anyone else who ran into this problem: here's how to fix it.

Open up "/plugins/hitcount/country.class.php" and replace http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/dow...ry.csv.zip with http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project...irror=iweb .

The working url looks wonky because it's a direct sourceforge link to a file in some project, but it worked for me.

Then just go back to the admin panel and click download ip 2 country database, you should get a page saying it is downloading. Once it's done click reindex data and everything should work.

-John
(2014-07-05, 18:02:02)johncomposed Wrote: Open up "/plugins/hitcount/country.class.php" and replace http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/dow...ry.csv.zip with http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project...irror=iweb .

Thanks for the reply. It works.

Hope that mvlcek will update his plugin and change to something that's maintained, such as MaxMind as they have IPv4 and IPv6 databases.

Regards, Romain
Hi,

I use the plugin hits and count

I don't know why but I can't access to the hits after august 25th 2014 do you why ?
Hello,

this plugin gives me really interesting information about my visitors, thank you.

But I have one question: nobody of my visitors seems to use Windows 8/8.1, instead I get many visitors who seem to use "Windows NT".

Can this be true?