Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't edit CSS in new Innovation theme
Using GetSimple 3.0B.

The new GetSimple comes with the default theme as "innovation".

In this theme, all CSS files are put in an "Assets" directory. The "assets" directory can't be accessed from within the CMS. This makes it impossible to edit CSS from within the CMS.

Not so much of a problem for me, as I own my own server and am perfectly capable of editing .css files directly. However, I imagine it's going to be a problem for some people.

Robin.
yes I've seen this too. Can the template maker say why this is and if it's going to be fixt.
well, I do not know if you have this problem after update (and from what release) or after fresh install

I did a fresh install and I can edit the css file (edited the background to "red" and the screen got red)

so check the permissions for that directory and tell whether it was an update or fresh install
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:well, I do not know if you have this problem after update (and from what release) or after fresh install

I did a fresh install and I can edit the css file (edited the background to "red" and the screen got red)

so check the permissions for that directory and tell whether it was an update or fresh install

I'm able to edit the css file too, but you should be able to do this in the admin panel. See the attachment for an example of editing css for the Cardinal theme. Try to do this in the same way with the Innovation theme.

It's an update, but all permissions seem to be allright (0755 for folders, 0644 for files)
For the Innovation theme , the main style.css file is in the root folder and you should be able to edit.

The only files in the assets folder are the print.css and reset.css files which you should'nt have to edit.
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:For the Innovation theme , the main style.css file is in the root folder and you should be able to edit.

The only files in the assets folder are the print.css and reset.css files which you should'nt have to edit.

Aha! This file doesn't exist in my installation... Ok then I add it myself. Thanks.

I think this has been fixed before, but with upgrading I didn't copy the theme folder.
datiswous Wrote:
Connie Wrote:well, I do not know if you have this problem after update (and from what release) or after fresh install

I'm able to edit the css file too, but you should be able to do this in the admin panel. See the attachment for an example of editing css for the Cardinal theme. Try to do this in the same way with the Innovation theme.

It's an update, but all permissions seem to be allright (0755 for folders, 0644 for files)

I did edit it in the admin panel ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18