Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Ignore the (site-wide theme) Mess
ccagle8 Wrote:I felt they were a little too in your face in the header, and since not every part of the site has the ability to have a sidebar, the footer was the only other option. I tried to decrease the $ on the ads, but it's already as low as BSA allows it.

Maybe you can ad a link to http://adblockplus.org somewhere on that location of the website Wink .

I found a glitch in the website:

If you are at the Wiki page, the about-menu doesn't contain a menu if you hover you're mouse over it. See attached screenshot.
datiswous Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:I felt they were a little too in your face in the header, and since not every part of the site has the ability to have a sidebar, the footer was the only other option. I tried to decrease the $ on the ads, but it's already as low as BSA allows it.

Maybe you can ad a link to http://adblockplus.org somewhere on that location of the website Wink .

I found a glitch in the website:

If you are at the Wiki page, the about-menu doesn't contain a menu if you hover you're mouse over it. See attached screenshot.

I did notice this already also - i think it's a conflict between the DokuWiki javascript and the jQuery file i am inserting.... I will keep it on my list. thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
UI screen shots error, see attached.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I have a request in reagards of extend plugin archive names.
They are generated according to the pattern: files_[ID]_pluginname.zip
Could it be generated with a: pluginname_pluginversion_[ID] ?
I sometimes have earlier version of plugins, along with small changes inside, and it would be easier to see if I already have this plugin version in download window.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I just downloaded IE9 and the home page of Get Simple doest go through the slide show. It looked great in IE8, ummmmmmmmm not sure I am going to like this.

Bob
The GETSIMPLE title on get-simple.info still flashes to a wider version whenever I change pages (Firefox 3.6.15, Ubuntu 10.4).

EXTEND: The archived files should be displayed by date, otherwise the order of versions like 1.0, 1.0.1 is incorrect (e.g. see Translate, I18N plugins). The current version probably shouldn't be displayed here - or the text ("These are old versions") should be changed.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:The GETSIMPLE title on get-simple.info still flashes to a wider version whenever I change pages (Firefox 3.6.15, Ubuntu 10.4).
That's just Firefox, though the site could be improved to cater for it. This page gives a good analysis and a few ideas. Worth doing, imo.
mvlcek Wrote:EXTEND: The archived files should be displayed by date, otherwise the order of versions like 1.0, 1.0.1 is incorrect (e.g. see Translate, I18N plugins). The current version probably shouldn't be displayed here - or the text ("These are old versions") should be changed.
I agree. I'd also like to support the previous idea (can't find the post, atm) of a more logical file name when plugins are downloaded with the red 'Download ...' button. Ideally, just a 'GS' prefix and plugin name and version number.
--
Nick.
CC: look at index page with js turned off.
I'd suggest to add a fixed height for div#slideshow along with overflow:hidden

I'm not sure if I didn't mention about this some time ago.
yojoe Wrote:CC: look at index page with js turned off.
I'd suggest to add a fixed height for div#slideshow along with overflow:hidden

I'm not sure about that. The current way people will at least see all screen shots.

It might be better to do it the way I've done it in the I18N Gallery plugin - without Javascript it works by clicking on the colored dots.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:I'm not sure about that. The current way people will at least see all screen shots.

It might be better to do it the way I've done it in the I18N Gallery plugin - without Javascript it works by clicking on the colored dots.

Most of the audience has js turned on by default.
Don't forget that UI sshots are available on "about" page (which btw. is a complete mess with js turned off) Wink

My default fallback is to set float:left on the images , so the vertical website's structure with such scrollers remains as supposed.