Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change 'Home' page title?
I try to build my site, and find many things in GetSimple undocumented or something (maybe I'm brainless, yep).

First off, there's the 'Home' page link which is present in every theme, but - how do I change it to anything, like 'about me' for example?

And how do you change words under site title? There's this 'Welcome to Get Simple' message that is unchangeable, I can't find where to edit it!

Very appreciated any suggestions will be!
liter0 Wrote:I try to build my site, and find many things in GetSimple undocumented or something (maybe I'm brainless, yep).

First off, there's the 'Home' page link which is present in every theme, but - how do I change it to anything, like 'about me' for example?

And how do you change words under site title? There's this 'Welcome to Get Simple' message that is unchangeable, I can't find where to edit it!

Very appreciated any suggestions will be!

Liter

Go to page options after you create a page and the option you need is: Slug/URL This changes the page title.

Bob
The 'Home' link is the menu navigation. Since all default installs only have an index page, the menu only shows 'Home'. Add more pages, and within the 'Page Options' dropdown, add them to the menu via the checkbox that says so.

'site Title' is either the page title, which is the first <input> box in the page edit screen, or the Website Name inside 'Settings'
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thanks!