Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort pages in Page tab from the top by priority?
Hello,

not sure this is the correct forum since this is probably neither a bug nor a real feature request. Kind of looking for a workaround.

Using GetSimple 2.03.1, is it possible to sort pages as I visualised below? (Values in brackets depict priority)

Start page (1)
Über (2)
Kontakt (3)
... (n)

I currently have my start page sitting at the bottom of the list with other pages sitting above it. I don't know, this kind of confuses me:

... (n)
Kontakt (3)
Über (2)
Start page (1)
no, there is no sorting yet in the All Pages screen. There is a little bit of a hack though... this page used to be used in a popup, but was somehow forgotten with the new redesign (new Issue being written now)

/admin/navigation.php
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thanks Chris.
cc: do you remember a request to order pages in a draggable way ?
This solution would be fantastic, although with nested pages situation is a bit more complicated.

description:http://www.wil-linssen.com/musings/entry/extending-the-jquery-sortable-with-ajax-mysql/
demo:http://www.wil-linssen.com/demo/jquery-sortable-ajax/
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:cc: do you remember a request to order pages in a draggable way ?
This solution would be fantastic, although with nested pages situation is a bit more complicated.

This is on my list for improvements to do of the I18N plugin which already supports nested pages and an improved way to specify the parent and position within a menu.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
glad to hear that mvlcek Smile
yojoe Wrote:cc: do you remember a request to order pages in a draggable way ?

It's done. Check out version 1.0 of the I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
WOW mvlcek! just tried it. That's super easy, not to say simple.

Very intuitive.
Just stumbled over the mission statement again after some time. I love GS to death, yet there's still the page sorting nag. I haven't seen an issue in the tracker yet (there will be one after finishing this post), so here's my 2c.

While mvlcek has stepped up and alleviated the problem with his I18N plugin, I strongly feel one should not be "forced" to install a plugin to get a (in my view) more usable page list. This clearly is a core feature as far as I'm concerned. Maybe this can be backported to core?

I haven't seen any requests for this other than mine, so maybe I'm the loonie here. But having to enter main and subpages in reverse order to get a more logical presentation feels really wrong for me. Am I the only person who feels that this is a real usability bugger?

I opened issue 201 for this.
Sorting pages in admin panel has already been requested.
Mvlcek's sort plugin does the job.
But I agree it could get into GS core.