Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Fields (and I18N)
Angryboy Wrote:Thanks again for updating this plugin Smile

When I click on the 'Browse' button given by the functionality of the two new fields, a page does pop up, but it remains blank. Am I doing something wrong?

I forgot to state that you have to turn on site wide cookies in gsconfig.php:
Code:
define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Ahh, thank you Smile Working perfectly now Big Grin

And mvlceck's awesomestreak continues Smile
Ok, i'm on GS 3.0 and using the latest version of I18N Custom Fields plugin. On all custom image fields, the browse button that should point to my image files, takes me to the default home page of the site. The url the browse button is generating is...

http://www.staging.glyphinteractive.com/...ype=images

Any idea what's going on? Sitewide cookies are enabled in GSconfig.

Also, i found a small bug with naming fields in the Custom Field creation. Looks like you cannot name fields with uppercase - (ie featurePic breaks but featurepic works). Not a big deal but drove me crazy for a little while.

Fantastic modification of the original plugin though. Thank you for the hard work.
jonnboy44 Wrote:Ok, i'm on GS 3.0 and using the latest version of I18N Custom Fields plugin. On all custom image fields, the browse button that should point to my image files, takes me to the default home page of the site. The url the browse button is generating is...

The path itself seems to be correct - is there a filebrowser.php at this position?
Is there a .htaccess file in this directory (with allow from all) - or are you using something different than Apache?
Have you modified your .htaccess rules in the root directory?

jonnboy44 Wrote:Also, i found a small bug with naming fields in the Custom Field creation. Looks like you cannot name fields with uppercase - (ie featurePic breaks but featurepic works). Not a big deal but drove me crazy for a little while.

Actually that's a feature - the comparison of field names is case insensitive. But it should not break - what doesn't work with uppercase names?

jonnboy44 Wrote:Fantastic modification of the original plugin though. Thank you for the hard work.

You're welcome!
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:
jonnboy44 Wrote:Ok, i'm on GS 3.0 and using the latest version of I18N Custom Fields plugin. On all custom image fields, the browse button that should point to my image files, takes me to the default home page of the site. The url the browse button is generating is...

The path itself seems to be correct - is there a filebrowser.php at this position?
Is there a .htaccess file in this directory (with allow from all) - or are you using something different than Apache?

jonnboy44 Wrote:Also, i found a small bug with naming fields in the Custom Field creation. Looks like you cannot name fields with uppercase - (ie featurePic breaks but featurepic works). Not a big deal but drove me crazy for a little while.

Actually that's a feature - the comparison of field names is case insensitive. But it should not break - what doesn't work with uppercase names?

jonnboy44 Wrote:Fantastic modification of the original plugin though. Thank you for the hard work.

You're welcome!

Quote:The path itself seems to be correct - is there a filebrowser.php at this position?

Crap! stupid .htaccess files get me every time! Thank you for pointing out the glaringly obvious answer staring me in the face.

Quote:Actually that's a feature - the comparison of field names is case insensitive. But it should not break - what doesn't work with uppercase names?

As for the humpCase naming convention, basically any field with a label name of featurePic won't display content, but change that same lable to featurepic and the content displays. Obviously checking to make sure that the
Code:
<?php get_custom_field('featurePic'); ?>
is correct.

Once again thank you for the help and work on the plugin.
Awesome and the most useful plugin, thanks for the updates!

I wonder whether it's possible the LINK and IMAGE browsing can be change to the default lightbox rather than a pop-up new window? which files should i tweak? thanks heaps!!!!!!
tommy Wrote:Awesome and the most useful plugin, thanks for the updates!

I wonder whether it's possible the LINK and IMAGE browsing can be change to the default lightbox rather than a pop-up new window? which files should i tweak? thanks heaps!!!!!!

The image browsing is the same as when browsing in the editor!? The page browsing is similar to the navigation structure view of the I18N plugin.

If you want to change something the relevant file is i18n_customfields/edit.php - case "link" and case "image", the browser popups are in i18n_customfields/browser. The filebrowser.php is more or less a copy of admin/filebrowser.php.

Please post your modifications, when you are finished, for others to see. If there is new functionality or it just looks better I might include it in the plugin.
blind me, you are right the admin/filebrowser.php do the same popups Smile

maybe its just me, i prefer the more subtle lightbox popup than traditional new window popups.
it would be nice if it can be implemented when the browse button is click (both for the core admin and this plugin).
it will takes awhile for me to tweak this being a complete noob to php Smile

thanks for the quick reply anyway!

<script type="text/javascript">
function fill_<?php echo $i; ?>(url) {
$('#post-<?php echo $key; ?>').val(url);
}
$(function() {
$('#browse-<?php echo $key; ?>').click(function(e) {
window.open('<?php echo $SITEURL; ?>plugins/i18n_customfields/browser/pagebrowser.php?func=fill_<?php echo $i; ?>&i18n=<?php echo $isI18N; ?>', 'browser', 'width=800,height=500,left=100,top=100,scrollbars=yes');
});
});
</script>
I18N Custom Fields version 1.5.3: correct some use of short php tags <? instead of <?php

(thanks to Carlos for pointing this out)
after copying the files to the server site shows a white page
In relation to this question, could it be possible to retrieve a custom field value for a specific page, probably using the slug as the page ID? For example, to retrieve a hero image from the index page, something like this:

Code:
return_custom_field("img-hero", "index");
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
after copying the files to the server site shows a white page
@Oleg06
Any errors with debug mode enabled?
no errors, just a white screen
Oleg06 Wrote:no errors, just a white screen

Does it happen only with latest I18N custom fields 1.5.3? Did previous releases work fine?
Sorry, the plugin works is likely to conflict with some of the plugins that I added too much
I18N Custom Fields version 1.7:
  • sends the content of WYSIWYG fields through the content filter, i.e. the placeholders - (% ... %) or {% ... %} - of most plugins will work (unless they add something in the header, too).
  • some optimizations when used with the I18N plugin - use at least version 1.7 of I18N!
It's very good plugin but in WYSIWYG type it does no take images's adress.
I must to paste it manually.
For comparison: main wysiwyg (for standard content) works ok.
Tested on 3.1B
cyklades Wrote:It's very good plugin but in WYSIWYG type it does no take images's adress.
Tested on 3.1B

It's tested and supported only on 3.0.
mvlcek Wrote:
cyklades Wrote:It's very good plugin but in WYSIWYG type it does no take images's adress.
Tested on 3.1B

It's tested and supported only on 3.0.

Thank you, I will try on 3.0

I have a same problem.

Internal Server Error 500, when I copy the i18n_customfields.php.

installed:

i18n_base
i18n_common
i18n_customfields
i18n_navigation
i18n_search
p01-contact

Whats the problem?
I am using the custom_fields plugin to create an external link in the menu. I created a blank page named BLOG and added the custom field of link with name and type as link and label as BLOG. It works.

My problem is that this custom field is visible on all the new pages that I create along with the BLOG link and if I don't delete it from the new pages, they all point to the external link instead of the internal page that I have created.

Any way to sort it out?
andyash Wrote:I am using the custom_fields plugin to create an external link in the menu. I created a blank page named BLOG and added the custom field of link with name and type as link and label as BLOG. It works.

My problem is that this custom field is visible on all the new pages that I create along with the BLOG link and if I don't delete it from the new pages, they all point to the external link instead of the internal page that I have created.

Any way to sort it out?

Did you enter the link as Default in the Custom Fields configuration?

You should use a custom field with name = link, label = Link (or something else), type = link and default empty.
Then on your empty blog page, enter the link (e.g. http://my.blog.site/link-to-my-blog) into the field.
The field will be empty in newly created pages.

=== THIS IS MY 500th POST ===
Now I am a Guru no more, just an ordinary Master :-(
Master Wrote:

I have a same problem.

Internal Server Error 500, when I copy the i18n_customfields.php.

installed:

i18n_base
i18n_common
i18n_customfields
i18n_navigation
i18n_search
p01-contact

Whats the problem?

+++

Debugging:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_custom_field() (previously declared in /xxx/htdocs/xxx/plugins/i18n_base.php:178) in /xxx/htdocs/xxx/plugins/i18n_customfields.php on line 155

Can somebody help me?
Master Wrote:Debugging:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_custom_field() (previously declared in /xxx/htdocs/xxx/plugins/i18n_base.php:178) in /xxx/htdocs/xxx/plugins/i18n_customfields.php on line 155

Can somebody help me?

Use the newest versions both of I18N and I8N Custom Fields.