Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MP3-extended plugin and data/uploads/subdirectory 3.0 R373
how to use the mp3-plugin with files in subdirectories, for example /data/uploads/mp3

I tried all possibilities (full qualified URL to /mp3/nameoffile.mp3) with no result
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi Connie,

I was just doing a site with a lot of audio files and wanted to put them in a sub-directory; the plugin won't support that because the path is hard coded into the plugin file;

if you change 2 lines of the plugin though you can set a different path:

Lines 64 - 65, change to this (if your sub folder is called 'audio'.)
Code:
if (file_exists(GSDATAUPLOADPATH.'audio/'."$targetFile")) {
          $targetFile = $site."data/uploads/audio/$targetFile";

Hope this helps;
-marc
Marc,

thank you for pointing this out,

I will send mail to the developer
unfortunately this developer is lazy or absent ;=(

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Marc,

thank you for pointing this out,

I will send mail to the developer
unfortunately this developer is lazy or absent ;=(

Cheers, Connie

Wow thanks Connie for calling me lazy, would explain why I sat on my bud for ours in the past to do the jcart and blog , theme selector etc. i will do the change, then please take the project over as I have to work for a living and dont have time for this, have in other posts also said I dont have time.
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Connie Wrote:unfortunately this developer is lazy or absent ;=(

you know I am so put off by your snotty comment I really feel like leaving everything just as is. Although I did consider doing a hell of allot of changes on all the plugins I wrote. I dont know how many you wrote, but at least when I did mine I did it to help people and it was for FREE. thus if somebody can improve or use it great let them but if you want to do customer moaning go do it at somebody who you paid. Else at least show some appreciation for hours spend on stuff that you just clicked a download button on to retrieve.

This is a great product GS. Dont destroy it with your attitude !
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
please do not be so touched, I was frustrated because there were so many postings with demands for help and no reaction.

I posted my problem with the subdirectories quite a long time ago and there was no reaction and no fix

I suggest when plugins can't be continued it is good practice to post in the thread, close the thread and take off the plugin from the EXTEND or write some comments about missing support

in that way everybody knows about the situation and is not frustrated

I was frustraded!

Cheers, Connie
|--

Connie Wrote:please do not be so touched, I was frustrated because there were so many postings with demands for help and no reaction.

I posted my problem with the subdirectories quite a long time ago and there was no reaction and no fix

I suggest when plugins can't be continued it is good practice to post in the thread, close the thread and take off the plugin from the EXTEND or write some comments about missing support

in that way everybody knows about the situation and is not frustrated

I was frustraded!

Cheers, Connie

The EXTEND specifies it is for 2.03.
It is for those who still use it. Now I must just remove it because you got confused. And your post on forum never reached me,. why not send a PM as others do ? I have helped other developers with there plugins and how to write it without asking a cent because I dont mind if I can make the time. But if you want to public call me lazy because you are frustrated for using a plugin that SPECIFIES it is meant for 2.03 and then call me lazy then why should I not feel touchie ?

Dammit, think before you speak or install. If you want plugin developers to leave projects totally then this is one way to do it !
Hi dominio

Sorry if my post led to this argument!

If you read my post, you can see that this is a hack to the plugin to allow specific functionality, so only intended for developers! I don't think Connie was really trying to offend, i sort of though she was poking fun..

The plugin works GREAT as is(!) and is FINE with the latest version of GS.

**PLEASE** don't remove it from extend - it really improves GS and I use it on a lot of sites.

The plugin is really great and I for one really appreciate all the work you did on it, and the support you provided to me and others in the past when we were experiencing problems.

Regards,
Marc
also to clarify - the solution I posted still keeps the path to the audio hard coded into the component, it's just hard coded into a sub-directory;

a user wouldn't be able to change that without editing the plugin file.
hi dominionit, I thought you left us, glad to see you, your plugins work fine ... except for jcards, this plugin does not work with the third version
I tested the new version and it is working with GS 3 without problem

It works out of the box when the mp3-files are uploaded to the upload-directory.
If they are in uploaded to a subdirectory of data/uploads it still would need the hack which is described above which would limit the storage to that folder as well.
I flexible version where pathto/mp3-file can be used would be perfect.

Beside that, I am glad that it works now, thanks!

Just one question: there was a file "sitemap.zip" in the plugin-folder, which belongs to the sitemap-plugin.
Is it needed for the mp3-player?
|--

alienee2 Wrote:Hi dominio

Sorry if my post led to this argument!

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc. Your post did not led to the argument. Thanks for your post, I must not have lost my temper like that, sorry for that on my behalf.

Regarding Mp3 player. I am looking to use a free flash one provided with more features. What do everybody think if we must go this route ?

http://flash-mp3-player.net/

Thanks

Johannes
Connie, I want to apologize for my outburst. It is not appropriate to do this via forum or publicly. I will get the plugin working on GS3 and also get a newer player with more features.

Please look at this plugin and say if you think it is goof route to follow ?
http://flash-mp3-player.net/

Once again sorry, this is not my nature and I will next time not try and take stuff to personal via the forums.

Have a good day.

Johannes Pretorius
alienee2 Wrote:also to clarify - the solution I posted still keeps the path to the audio hard coded into the component, it's just hard coded into a sub-directory;

a user wouldn't be able to change that without editing the plugin file.

Yip, saw that. I am going to make the plugin auto discover the files specified. might be easier. Just need to make
sure name is unique not to be picked up in other directories.

Think that will be appropriate ?
Oleg06 Wrote:hi dominionit, I thought you left us, glad to see you, your plugins work fine ... except for jcards, this plugin does not work with the third version

hi there. yes sorry was in very rough time struggling to get money (3rd world Africa not always so easy to survive) But will try and get all components better and working in GS3. Thanks for testing and help you did in the past.
3rd world Russia not always so easy to survive too Smile
dominionit Wrote:Yip, saw that. I am going to make the plugin auto discover the files specified. might be easier. Just need to make
sure name is unique not to be picked up in other directories.

Think that will be appropriate ?

in joomla sometime the audio modules have a field to specify the directory; so if such a field is left blank, then it would search the uploads directory, but if the user put /audio in that field, the plugin would look there.. seems that this would be a very flexible solution;
alienee2 Wrote:in joomla sometime the audio modules have a field to specify the directory; so if such a field is left blank, then it would search the uploads directory, but if the user put /audio in that field, the plugin would look there.. seems that this would be a very flexible solution;

Sounds like a good idea. Will look into this, actually I am looking into building a mp3 id list, for those that want to have a list of mp3 files to play via the mp3 player. Thus you only have 1 spot you add the tag and the list for the player will get generated. But this will generate a lot more work. Will see what route when we decided on the player we would prefer to use

thanks for your input and help

Johannes
Oleg06 Wrote:3rd world Russia not always so easy to survive too Smile

Jip will believe you Big Grin tx
Connie Wrote:how to use the mp3-plugin with files in subdirectories, for example /data/uploads/mp3

I tried all possibilities (full qualified URL to /mp3/nameoffile.mp3) with no result

New version. Please just read the notes on it
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/15794/#p15794

Tx