Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call!
What uploader are you using? In my case files uploaded using Uploadify uploader have thumbnails created right after upload, but the "basic" file uploader fails to create any thumbs - thumbsm are created semi-automatically, after reloading files page.
I use default flash based uploadify. Never felt the need to use non flash one, but it seems that I'll have to have a deeper look into its functionality.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
A couple of hard-coded text strings to move to the lang file:

admin/inc/template_functions.php:

Line 474: return '<span class="OKmsg" >XML Valid - '.i18n_r('OK').'</span>';

Line 476: return '<span class="ERRmsg" >XML Invalid - '.i18n_r('ERROR').'!</span>';
--
Nick.
For me everything seems to be working A-OK.

I just wanted to know something (and sorry if this has been abundantly addressed already!); why were the quick-links to the components on the components page removed? They were really useful if you had many and needed fast access to a particular one.
I found something I can't explain on the login-page:

Instead of displaying the proper lng-file string, it shows just

Code:
{USERNAME}:

Same for all other strings there.

de_de.php lang-file is installed (newest), but even swichting to en_us.php lang-file doesn't help.
It's ok after logging out.
{ } symbols around string means that it is not translated yet. Check the translation file, if "USERNAME" value is translated.
@joshas: I know, thanks. It is translated. And as I said, it's the same with the en_us.php, so any suggestions?

PS: it's not a browser-cache problem or anything. Tried it with different browsers on different computers.
Angryboy Wrote:I just wanted to know something (and sorry if this has been abundantly addressed already!); why were the quick-links to the components on the components page removed? They were really useful if you had many and needed fast access to a particular one.

I still see them there. I've just restyled them because they look like they were neglected since they only show up when you have 4+ components created.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@texta

I just installed a brandnew 3.0Beta 415 at www.urbanistan.de/getsimple415 and the username-string is translated to "Benutzername"

see here:
[Image: loginseite.jpg]

It would be helpful if you tell us which version you tested. I would like to be assured that the german language-file is ok and working well ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I'm using 3.0Beta 415 now, and used the older beta just before.

Still the same problem. Probably some plugin fussing around, have to check that.

@Connie: it's NOT the lang-file, as I said before twice. Because it happen's with language set to en_us as well and it doesn't happen after logging out:

before login:
Sorry for the double post.

After lougout:
@Texta,
could you check if it happens on "clean" install too, without any additional plugins?
Well, no it's working with a clean install, for now. I guess, too, it's plugin related. As I said before I'll have to figure out, why it's doing that. But I need a little more time to do that.
This might be wysiwyg editor-related rather than system-related, but is "Advisory title" a commonly-used term for "title attribute"? I checked out the new feature for linking local pages from the editor and it took me a bit to find what I was looking for. I'd never heard that term previously.

A quick web search turned up "advisory link" as the explanation for "title attribute" in the XHTML 1 DTD specs.
ccagle8 Wrote:
Angryboy Wrote:I just wanted to know something (and sorry if this has been abundantly addressed already!); why were the quick-links to the components on the components page removed? They were really useful if you had many and needed fast access to a particular one.

I still see them there. I've just restyled them because they look like they were neglected since they only show up when you have 4+ components created.
Ahhh. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks! Smile
I have updated to GetSimple 3.0 and i i'm very happy but... when i want to go to the admin panel on MAC, PC, IPAD i see the login screen, if i want to login with my IPhone4 there is no inlog screen? In the previous version i was able to login also on my IPhone. I tested this on the IPhone3 and 4 and both same result.
What is the problem with a IPhone to login? Simple, the login page for the admin panel is to big and you must scoll the page to the left side and there is the login screen?!?!

It is a little bit strange, the screen is not been resized by the iphone. Once you logged in the website the hole admin pannel is not been resized on the IPhone screen and is very big!
@getsimple2011 - i think it is
Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />
inside /admin/template/header.php

Can you try removing that and see if it fixes your issue?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!