Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call!
Ok, I think this is really close to the final product everyone. Please help test this out.

Things Needed:
  • Plugin Developers: Test your plugins! Can't stress this enough...
  • Language File Creators: Barring any unforeseen changes, the en_US file included in the beta download is the final product. Please update your language files! (all changes are at the bottom of the file) Also, if any of you have lanaguage files that have not been uploaded to Extend, please do so after updating them.
  • If you are upgrading a website, please take a backup first. XML files are being moved around in this release to make way for Multi-User capabilities.

ChangeLog: http://get-simple.info/start/changelog
Download Beta: http://get-simple.info/beta/

Upgrade to 3.0 Instructions: http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation...e_2x_to_30
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
French file OK !
http://get-simple.info/extend/language/f...nguage/94/
German File corrected, updated and uploaded

http://get-simple.info/extend/language/d...on-30/103/
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Some weird behavior in Firefox, when I have a filter text box (on a improved I18N pages page) like:

Code:
<div class="edit-nav">
  <p>Filter: <input type="text" class="text" id="filter" value=""/></p>
</div>

When it gets the focus it changes to a simple square box (from the rounded one).
Culprit seems to be the background-image and border in:

Code:
input.text:focus, ... {
  -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);
  background-image: none;
  border: 1px solid #666666 !important;
  outline: medium none;
}

Removing background-image and border shows the expected behavior - the input does not change, but is merely highlighted.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Is it a bug or a feature that the "Create New Page" button is not highlighted when creating a page?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
@mvlcek, cheers, fixed in the latest svn
My Github Repos: Github
Got a problem last week, when upgrading (so, didn't test the latest beta) without uploading the new default theme. Obviously, because the 'default' theme couldn't be found Or a custom theme was selected, it displayed an empty page.
So need s to be made sure, that GS doesn't depend on the 'new default' theme being installed OR selected.
@texta: But I don't understand how this could happen if you do a normal upgrade. Normal upgrades replace the /admin/ folder. So if you are upgrading, the Default Theme is already installed because 3.0 is the first package without it.

After upgrading, the existing site will still be looking for whatever theme was used in the first place - which would still be there since we didnt touch the /themes/ folder.

On a new install - it obviously would look for the Innovation Theme, which would be there since it's a fresh install.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Sorry Chris, I will try to test that again. Maybe I remembered it incorrectly and the theme was there, but the "old" installation used a different theme. Anyway I'll try again and check.

Edit: I tried it again. Well, thing that happens is, I followed the "Upgrade 2.x to 3.0" routine. So, apart from some small things, I just exchanged the "admin" folder with the new one.

D'Oh! GS expected the "Default" Theme to still be there, well it wasn't! to save up/download time because it wasn't really needed I deleted it some time ago.

Quote:After upgrading, the existing site will still be looking for whatever theme was used in the first place - which would still be there since we didnt touch the /themes/ folder.
So, that didn't really happen.

Now, with GS 3 the page is blank, but if you enter the admin area, it says

Quote:Current theme path: http://www.xxx.com/theme/Innovation/

which is obviously not available, too...

Activating my custom theme works.

So maybe there should be a hint, when upgrading, one must make sure, that there will be theme "default / innovation" available.

Anyway, it works now really good! Thanks.
2 minor tings:
there's a "DELETEPAGE_TITLE" => "Delete Page" variable in translation file, but there's no "DELETEPAGE" link name. It was a bit confusing, because the delete link didn't let the user know if it will delete the page, or just the changes he made, until he moved the cursor over.
Other solution would be to add a tooltip plugin to instantly show link titles.
I use vTip which is smaller than 1KB.

2. a link to see the page under page listing, is shown as a hash sign. It would be imo better to change it to an icon. A bigger space gap between view page, and delete page link in default admin template would be appreciated. Maybe even delete X sign should be controlled by JS, and be shown only on tr:hover action.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
@texta - if all you did was replace the /admin/ folder, and "Default" wasn't your current theme anyway, then why is your site looking for that theme after upgrading? You didn't edit website.xml either to change the name of the current theme, so I am still at a loss as to how what you are describing is happening.

@yojoe - not really following your first bug. DELETEPAGE_TITLE is used in the title of the "X". When a user clicks "X", a popup window pulls the title of the link that was just clicked, and displays it. At this point the user can click cancel if they do not want to delete the page.

I am trying to stay away from images in general within the backend of the site - so I am going to stick with the "#" symbol for the link. I think it looks cleaner than if an icon was used.

I originally (way before GS was ever released) tried the hover thing, but didnt care for it. I got the idea from how WordPress handles their pages. In the end, i thought the "X" was small and unobtrusive enough that i didnt mind it always staying there.
- Chris

Quote:@texta - if all you did was replace the /admin/ folder, and "Default" wasn't your current theme anyway, then why is your site looking for that theme after upgrading? You didn't edit website.xml either to change the name of the current theme, so I am still at a loss as to how what you are describing is happening.
Very good question indeed ;-) (Just to clarify: I didn't edit website.xml, just the 404.xml). Maybe it's some plugin or config messed up. If nobody else is reporting that, don't worry. It's just irritating and a bit hard to spot what (not why) went wrong.
ccagle8 Wrote:@yojoe - not really following your first bug. DELETEPAGE_TITLE is used in the title of the "X". When a user clicks "X", a popup window pulls the title of the link that was just clicked, and displays it. At this point the user can click cancel if they do not want to delete the page.

It's also used in page creation/edit at the bottom cancel edit / delete
There's only "delete" word, and I think it should be "delete page".
I wasn't referring to main page with page list and # X buttons.

Quote:I am trying to stay away from images in general within the backend of the site - so I am going to stick with the "#" symbol for the link. I think it looks cleaner than if an icon was used.
K, no prob. It's just that I would never have guessed what is the meaning of # close to page's creation date, until pointing it with mouse cursor Wink

Quote:I originally (way before GS was ever released) tried the hover thing, but didnt care for it. I got the idea from how WordPress handles their pages. In the end, i thought the "X" was small and unobtrusive enough that i didnt mind it always staying there.
To be honest didn't know WP uses it. I've never been deep into WP, maybe used twice or thrice to create a blog platform. But I dropped it after seeing what people are trying to do build using this platform.

Anyway, buttons for viewing the page and deleting it are a bit too close (or the other way: buttons are too small) for my taste of usability, and confirmation window doesn't play a role on the first place.
Maybe additional headers for both columns would be a good idea: page name | date | view | delete, or setting column with view buttons to be the first one (before page list) ?
Norwegian language file OK!
with v377 when I try to edit a page, ckeditor's intance doesn't want to appear.
Error details
Quote:Message: 'lang.contextmenu.options' is empty or is not an object
Line: 47
Sign: 2544
Code: 0
Ident URI: http://127.0.0.1/r377/panel/template/js/...keditor.js

When I copy whole ckeditor from v323 it works.
Have no idea how to fix that.
Did anyone notice this error ?
I'm not sure if it doesn't occur only on LAMP server working locally on windows <- usual problems with paths/URIs/URLs.
What browser/os are you using?
- Chris

FYI: Revision 398 has been uploaded to the site. This is just some bug fixes from the prior beta cut, but it's up there and ready to be tested... http://get-simple.info/download/
- Chris

Quote:with v377 when I try to edit a page, ckeditor's intance doesn't want to appear
I just checked that and enabled the editor in settings: same problem here.
Site is on a "real" server, not XAMPP etc. My OS is XP, Firefox 3.6.15, happens with IE 8, too.
@texta & yojoe: what language are you using ?
the error looks to be language related.
My Github Repos: Github
Hmm... in on Windows 7 and my IE8 and Firefox show the html editor. odd
- Chris

It happened on FX3.6.15, and IE8, webkit based browser and in opera 11.
It's not language based as I looked if it works with en_US file.

lamp: vertrigo on win7 x64

I'll see if r397 works.

atm I'll look again into translation file as the:
Code:
Error: m.lang.contextmenu is undefined
Source file: http://127.0.0.1/admin/template/js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js
line: 47
are you using a CKEditor language file?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:are you using a CKEditor language file?
It was my thought after I set up a standalone GSr397 and on default settings it worked.
After changing ckedit lang it stopped working.

second thing, which I wanted to came up twice already, but always forgot about it, is to refresh the installation page after user chooses other language file from drop down list.
I'd even extend this feature to detect browser's language version, check if there's a translation file for it, and automatically load it.
GS installation will need more language files in its archive, but imo major languages should be included in GS archive. At least those, who are up to date.

edit: ok I got that covered.
Just didn't notice latest GS beta packs lack ckedit language files
yojoe Wrote:second thing, which I wanted to came up twice already, but always forgot about it, is to refresh the installation page after user chooses other language file from drop down list.
I just checked, and the refresh language does work on the setup page. But it doesn't refresh the page automatically after choosing the language. I guess that would be a pretty neat UI thing, but it is working fine now as-is.

yojoe Wrote:Just didn't notice latest GS beta packs lack ckedit language files
yeah, Joshas removed them when he upgraded CKEditor for us. I guess we could add a few major ones back into the SVN. I always felt like it was a crapshoot anyway to try and choose the languages that the CKEditor users *might* need.

Same thing with the main language files... not sure which ones would have a huge impact. Even a big CMS like Wordpress doesn't include any alt language files with it's install package i think.
- Chris

Quote:the error looks to be language related.
Well spotted: I had GSEDITORLANG "de" enabled in gsconfig.php. It works now.

I don't think those language file need to be included. Becaus users who know how to edit the settings, should be able to download the lang-file themselves and extract it from the CKEditor.zip. Just did that, still works.

With r397, too.