Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGuestbook 1.0 (Simple guestbook with posts management)
Installation Notes:

- Extract the rar archive
- Copy the "ARGuestbook_Files" folder in the getsimple root folder (generally root of your site using get-simple)
- Copy the plugins folder content (1 folder,2 php files) in the Get-Simple plugin folder

To display the guestbook, include the following string in the content of the page where you want to activate:

{guestbook}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL NOTES

How to change the language:

open settings.php with a text editor and change the content of language variable with the name of the language file located in lang directory,for example if you create de.txt (deutsch) the content of language variable will be 'de'.The default language is english and also if the content of the variable is empty the language will be still english.

How to customize GUI (colors of guestbook):

open settings.php with a text editor and change the content of color variables,these are described in the comments

The logs of guestbook are saved on ARGuestbook_Files/Comments
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
what do you think about this plugin?
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
Alessio_roma Wrote:what do you think about this plugin?

I think that is a great plugin.
It was necessary a plugin like this.
I was considering doing one .. but I see that I was not the only one ..

I can ask you a question and some comments to improve the plugin?

Why use a folder outside the plugins folder?
and ... you can do that could change the CSS from the admin area?
and - on the code needed to send a comment .. (I suppose that is for the robots) for more security you could write: "you are human? how much is 5 and 2:"

Bravo!
singulae Wrote:
Alessio_roma Wrote:what do you think about this plugin?

I think that is a great plugin.
It was necessary a plugin like this.
I was considering doing one .. but I see that I was not the only one ..

I can ask you a question and some comments to improve the plugin?

Why use a folder outside the plugins folder?
and ... you can do that could change the CSS from the admin area?
and - on the code needed to send a comment .. (I suppose that is for the robots) for more security you could write: "you are human? how much is 5 and 2:"

Bravo!
I used an outside folder because i thought that it is more easy to install the
plugin,but probably in a new version i will put the folder in the plugin folder.For the second question,i'm working on this feature,probably this will added in the next release.For the third question i didn't understand what do you say, in the actual version there is a code that it must be inserted in the text field (it is a numeric captcha),do you agree?
Alessio_roma Wrote:For the third question i didn't understand what do you say, in the actual version there is a code that it must be inserted in the text field (it is a numeric captcha),do you agree?

mm.. maybe it's for my english(half is my and half is google)..
I mean it would be safer if you request a mathematical operation if you request only 5 numbers ..

for example: "How much is 5 and 2" is better(more secure) than "writes 5165".
I think that a robot can detect and read 5 consecutive numbers but will not know to interpret the phrase "how much is 5 and 2"..

well.. any way this is a minor problem (not is a problem)