Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
google maps plugin
I have tested the plugin and noticed the following (also on DEMO-PAGE):

The position of the marker "jumps" from zoom-level to zoom-level to its precise destination. Display in first view (with low zoom) is very poor and can differ from really exact position a few kilometers. With each zoom-level accuracy is getting better.

Is there a possibility to get better accuracy in low zoom levels?

Greetings
df8oe
Hello everyone,

I have installed plugin Google Maps on GetSimple CMS. It worked fine on old server, but when I moved it into home.pl server it still works, but there are there is a problem:
1) I can add new marker to OLD MAP, but I can't create NEW - exacly new map is created in admin panel, but it isn't possible to show it on webpage.

So if the map is visible in admin panel, but it doesn't want to show...

Webpage: weaselcoffee.pl

Thanks for help!
Hubert
Hi Hubert,

which link goes directly to the page with the map?

Greetings
df8oe
(2014-09-25, 18:01:57)df8oe Wrote: I have tested the plugin and noticed the following (also on DEMO-PAGE):

The position of the marker "jumps" from zoom-level to zoom-level to its precise destination...

Is there a possibility to get better accuracy in low zoom levels?

Hi df8oe,
I had the same problem and found out, the custom marker anchor is not set correct.
If you use your own marker icons and include them by url and your php.ini doesn't allow url_fopen like this message:
Code:
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0...
the image size will not be calculated.
There is a Javascript fallback in the code, but I don't know how it should work (JS can't write to PHP..?). However, the xy-position is always google.maps.Point(0,0), because the function getPosxy() will get two strings from the JS function gmap_getimgSize().
I don't know how to fix these functions, but, if you have only one map, you can replace the code beginning at line 225 like this:
Code:
$gmap_script .=','
                            ."\n".'      icon: {'
                            ."\n".'        image:new google.maps.MarkerImage ('
                            ."\n".'            \''.$gmap_config[$i]["anchors"][$z]['image'].'\','
                            ."\n".'            null,'        
                            ."\n".'            null,'                        
                            ."\n".'            new google.maps.Point(yourAchorX, yourAnchorY)'
                            ."\n".'          ),'
You have to replace the "yourAnchorXY" to your anchor positions.
Here is a link to maps API explaining this with complex icons, maybe it's useful.
Hope you could follow me and it will help you or anyone.

So long,
moped
(2014-09-26, 00:34:22)df8oe Wrote: Hi Hubert,

which link goes directly to the page with the map?

Greetings
df8oe

Hi df8oe:
http://weaselcoffee.pl/lista-punktow/
this is link and here you can choose from list point.
Old points are shown on map, but new, for example "Zamek Lubliniec"
not.

Thank You in advance!
Hi,

I just installed this plugin, configured it, and don't get it to show up. The code is not replaced. I have several other plugins on the site which work fine. What could be wrong here?

Thanks!

EDIT: I got it! There must be no spaces in the plugin code!
Now for a real problem: As soon as the Google Map Plugin is activated, the i18n Gallery lightbox stops working.
Would anyone happen to have a fix for that?

EDIT: I found that when I remove this hook, then the gallery works:
add_action('index-pretemplate','gmap_include_check', GMAPINCOMPONENT);

But that's probably only because the whole plugin doesn't really load then. Is there any developer documentation for GS?

EDIT 2: Fixed it:
Added below row 76 in .\plugins\googlemap.php
if (!is_object($pagemaps[0])) {return;}
Sanity check required please.
I had this working on a few sites - but now they don't work.
With Google dropping support for some of their api services, I wonder if googlemaps is about to fall victim too.
Can others who have used this plugin confirm if their maps still work please.
Thanks, cheers and HNY.
(2016-01-03, 01:40:06)The_Shopkeeper Wrote: [...]
Can others who have used this plugin confirm if their maps still work please.
Thanks, cheers and HNY.

Mine still works.
No googlemap is displayed on new sites. After testing several things, it seems that there is a google-api-key necessary since some weeks. If I try to embed a map, using this plugin, on a new site there is just an google-error showing. On existing sites, where I use the same plugin, with same configuration and same maps it works (even changes). I read somewhere that you need this api-key now. So I can register a google-account and generate an api-key. But how do I implement it in the plugin?

And by the way, anaother small problem with the plugin: I recognized that a width in percent isnt easily to enter. It has to be put in quotation marks. Works once, but after changing something I have to enter the size (e.G. "100%") again. Would be nice if the plugins accepts width and height in percent units.

Lots of thanks for answers in advance!
Hi everybody. Just registered to post a reply in this thread.

you are right, retrofan, a api key is now needed to use google-map. The old api does not work anymore on new sites.

To get this working, you can edit the file googlemap.php which is in the plugins folder, replacing this line:

Code:
. "\n".'<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>'

with:

Code:
. "\n".'<script type="text/javascript" src="//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR-KEY&sensor=false"></script>'

(of course, you have to replace "YOUR-KEY" with... your key Wink )

Don't forget to put the url of the page where your map is displayed as referer in your google developer console, and it should work fine Shy
Hello y buenas noches to everyone,

I am quite happy with the googlemap plugin. After some minor issue (map name mus not contain minus-sign, otherwise map does not show) I got it to work quickly.
Now I have the problem that I cannot set markers. When I click the Advanced Settings-tab in the options menu, a form opens, where I can add a marker, input address and so on. When I click the Save button, the form is submitted and everything seems to work, but sadly the new marker is NOT saved.
I tried to figure out the problem, read throughout the whole googlemap support thread but found no clue.
I tried to alter the googlemap.xml file by hand and added some anchor-Tags, after I had taken a look at the googlemap.php source. But after that no map at all is displayed. With the original xml file everything works fine, but no markers possible.
Can anyone please tell me the correct way to add markers by hand? What is the tag structure that I must use in the XML file?
Easiest way would be to provide me with a working googlemap.xml file containing some additional markers (or post the source of such a file here)!
Or someone encountered the same problem and can tell me what to do so the add markers-form is working?

Best regards, Herb
Prescol solved the problem >2 years ago:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6713

I just used his copy, butnto make it save the markers I had to delete my old googlemap.xml file (located in data/other) and make the script ceate a new one via the built-in form in the admin-page.

Thanks to Prescol!