Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
google maps plugin
Donuts,

I think one of the reasons could be that a Jquery Script is loaded twice, and when that happens they are not executed.

Check the header of the site where the gallery is active, if you see a duplicate script call
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi,

I have the same problem as pierre; when I load the page the first time i get a empty shell of the script:

Code:
$jQ = jQuery.noConflict();
$jQ(document).ready(function()
{

});

When I reload the page however it gets populated with the correct data. It also works if it is an external link, but that is not an option since it will open a new window on mobile devices.

Any help is much appreciated!
perhaps helps this (quick and dirty):
googlemap.php, line 309:

Code:
if($maps > 0){
change in
Code:
if($maps > 0 && $GETIMGSIZEJS != ""){

this empties the javascript in the header on a page, on which no map is loaded
and the page with a gallery will work again.
em_we_es Wrote:perhaps helps this (quick and dirty):
googlemap.php, line 309:

Code:
if($maps > 0){
change in
Code:
if($maps > 0 && $GETIMGSIZEJS != ""){

this empties the javascript in the header on a page, on which no map is loaded
and the page with a gallery will work again.

Its perfect! Thank you for that hint—my site is running again! Thought about to change the cms…
I had the 2011 version of the script, recently noticed my map had turned into a grey rectangle, installed the new version with em_we_es's hack, but I'm still getting an empty rectangle. Any tips?

Maybe this is related: I just tried I8N Gallery, which uses a similar syntax (% gallery name=name %) and it doesn't work either.
Beluga Wrote:I had the 2011 version of the script, recently noticed my map had turned into a grey rectangle, installed the new version with em_we_es's hack, but I'm still getting an empty rectangle. Any tips?

Maybe this is related: I just tried I8N Gallery, which uses a similar syntax (% gallery name=name %) and it doesn't work either.

Check your headers, it is probably trying to load Jquiry twice.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

islander Wrote:Check your headers, it is probably trying to load Jquiry twice.

I had one extra jQuery in there, my own email harvesting prevention script, but now I've commented it out and it still gives me an empty box.
Now I changed my theme jQuery (1.7.2) to the header instead of footer, so it gets loaded first (because I need it) and took jQuery loading away from Google maps. Now it doesn't even show the grey box.
This is the part I deleted:
. "\n".'<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">'
. "\n".'//<![CDATA['
. "\n".' if (typeof jQuery == "undefined") {'
. "\n".' document.writeln(\'<script type="text\/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.6.1.min.js"><\/script>\');'
. "\n".' };'
. "\n".' [js]'
. "\n".'//]]>'
. "\n".'</script>'

Btw. I got i18N Gallery to work.
Is it possible to make the balloon clickable on a mobile phone?
E.g.
- I visit the site on my Android
- click on the map or balloon
- my "Google Directions Navigator" starts .....

Is that possible?
Hi All !

if someone have a problem when using googlemap plugin and fancybox (and other jquery lightbox, I18N Galery plugin) like no lightbox, I found how to fix it and continue to use both of them !

The first way presented by Mvlcek, was to delete the line :
$jQ = jQuery.noConflict();

You can find it in googlemap.php (in pugin directory) at line 101. But if you've deleted it directly in this googlemap plugin's files, it doesn't work anymore.

So to resolve this problem follow these steps :

Open the file googlemap.php

Find :

function gmap_include_check($contcomp = false)
---> normaly you'll find it at line 460

Find In this function :

if (strpos($contcomp, 'gmap_') === false ){ $contcomp = false; };

Replace it by :

if (strpos($contcomp, 'gmap_') == false ){ $contcomp = false; };

And find :

if (strpos($data_index->content, '(%googlemap') === false AND $contcomp === false){ return false; };

replace it by :

[undefined=undefined]if (strpos($data_index->content, '(%googlemap') == false AND $contcomp == false){ return false; };

Save the file, upload it on your server.

I've tested it and the googlemap plugin and I18Gallery are working perfectly.

Someone can test it and confirm that this fix works ?

Thanks you ! (sorry for my english)
Hello

Great plugin, but I have a little problem. I'm trying to place a pin on a farm on a road with no road name. Using the address doesn't place the pin correctly, so I've been trying to use lat long from http://www.getlatlon.com/ however, when I paste the lat long coordinates into the plugin and view the map, it pin appears to snap to the nearest known place rather than where the coordinates tell it.

Is there any fix to this?

Many thanks
(2012-12-15, 06:23:26)stevenatherton42 Wrote: Hello

Great plugin, but I have a little problem. I'm trying to place a pin on a farm on a road with no road name. Using the address doesn't place the pin correctly, so I've been trying to use lat long from http://www.getlatlon.com/ however, when I paste the lat long coordinates into the plugin and view the map, it pin appears to snap to the nearest known place rather than where the coordinates tell it.

Many thanks

I remember struggling with that. Wish I could remember how I did it - LOL.

ISTR you can log in to google and make your own 'places' by sticking a pin in the map, which you name and are public. instead of using a postal address
Hello didou038, Thank you for posting the fix for the googlemaps / gallery issue at reply 137 above. I had installed the googlemaps plugin onto my site and it had turned off the gallery image forward/back and slideshow controls and had also disabled the showing of the GS contactable slider. By making the change you suggested in your post 137 above it has restored both gallery and contactable to full working order, so I can confirm that your fix works, and I thank you for it most gratefully. You have saved me a big headache. Smile
(2012-12-15, 08:06:17)Timbow Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 06:23:26)stevenatherton42 Wrote: Hello

Many thanks

I remember struggling with that. Wish I could remember how I did it - LOL.

ISTR you can log in to google and make your own 'places' by sticking a pin in the map, which you name and are public. instead of using a postal address

Anyone remember how to do it with the plugin?

I tried logging in to Google and right clicking a spot and selecting What's here?, but it only switches focus to the search field and doesn't allow me to name the location.
Don't know about the plugin, but
http://www.google.com/maps/myplaces
if it's any help
Ok I finally managed to create a place by following the interactive tutorial. I gave it a unique name, but when I enter that name in the Google maps plugin address field, I get a grey map.
I should keep my mouth shut because I don't know anything about Google maps or the plugin but you know you don't need the plugin just to display a map? You can just paste the embed code into the Source view of Page Editor. Would that do the job for you?
(2012-11-17, 01:47:25)didou038 Wrote: if someone have a problem when using googlemap plugin and fancybox (and other jquery lightbox, I18N Galery plugin) like no lightbox, I found how to fix it and continue to use both of them !

Hi, it works! Cool Thanks a lot you man!
(2013-04-10, 17:37:10)Timbow Wrote: I should keep my mouth shut because I don't know anything about Google maps or the plugin but you know you don't need the plugin just to display a map? You can just paste the embed code into the Source view of Page Editor. Would that do the job for you?

Thanks Smile
why can not I write the address in Cyrillic?
work in GS 3.2.1?... I install it but the maps do not appear, only the label appears ((% googlemap:mapname%), the plugin I use on the last working version of GS and without any inconvenience.
you probably have a script jQuery used twice
Hi. Great plug-in. I'm having a problem with one thing: I've enabled the 'show the balloon tip' option. By default, when I load the map page, the map first centers on my address icon, then moves 30 or so pixels down when the balloon opens. I'd like to keep the map centered on the icon and not shift when the balloon opens. I know this is probably a feature rather than a bug, but my layout depends on the icon remaining centered when the balloon displays. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thumbs Up 
(2013-04-11, 02:28:30)paulz Wrote:
(2012-11-17, 01:47:25)didou038 Wrote: if someone have a problem when using googlemap plugin and fancybox (and other jquery lightbox, I18N Galery plugin) like no lightbox, I found how to fix it and continue to use both of them !

Hi, it works! Cool Thanks a lot you man!

Yes for me also it worked with the modification proposed by MarcinN here. There is one more change I did, don't know if that is really necessary but it works and I'm happy.

Would be nice if that bug would be corrected by the plugin author though...
Hello,

I have your newest plugin installed and activated but have not implemented it on any page yet - currently site is in development.

I noticed that the Googlemap code is being loaded on every page in the <head> section even though no map is being displayed for that page (or any page at this point in time). Usually I wouldn't mind about this but I am trying to optimise a site for mobiles and have a responsive design. Just trying to minimise page loads, especially for mobiles and would like to know if it's possible to only load the jquery.gomap-1.3.2.min.js script and related files ONLY on pages where the map is to be displayed.

Thanks