Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admin Theme dooBlue
My first GetSimple theme for admin section. 

Screenshots: ImgUr

Download: Plugins

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Hi Stoiljkovic,

Thanks for uploading the dooBlue theme.

Is doolittle also made by you ?
Looks like a cms to make websites.
(2020-05-11, 21:05:08)Felix Wrote: Hi Stoiljkovic,

Thanks for uploading the dooBlue theme.

Is doolittle also made by you ?
Looks like a cms to make websites.

I've started to build my own PHP/MySQL cms few years ago, until I've found GetSimple which had everything I wanted to include in my cms - so why bother. The process stopped at member system.

Then, I've stripped down few things and published it unfinished - but still usable - for anyone who wanted it. 

Anyway, now I prefer GS over WP for majority of works.
Hi Stoiljkovic,

Nice theme, looks great.

It's great to see several new admin themes appear over the past few months. I am sure many people will use your new theme.

Regards

Craiga
(2020-05-12, 17:43:29)craiga Wrote: Hi Stoiljkovic,

Nice theme, looks great.

Tnx! Smile
Quote:Anyway, now I prefer GS over WP for majority of works.

Have you tried the ItemManager v2.4.6 plugin ?
It makes you prefer GS over WP even more.
I saw ItemManager and yes, it can make easier many tasks. However, what I do not like is to have one plugin installed so I can install other plugin, like in the case of product manager and item manager, or i18 base and ... So it is nice to have itemmanger as separate plugin (for devs) but other plugins based on it should be standalone.

If I have everything I sometimes need installed, the folder size will be >6mb, and I do not like that.

GS really has potential to be "the one". What I like:
- It is simple & easy
- It is small
- It is flat-file
- It is fast

What should be done:
- Admin section should be rewritten, so theme can be fully controlled and edited and not overwritten with each update, ie. let's say that I overhaul complete admin section based on Bootstrap - It is not easy to upgrade since my files will be overwritten. My 5 cents says that using plugin for admin theme is not "natural".
- Some plugins are essential and should be integrated (ie. search, gallery, shop?) for easier use

I'm waiting for some time this to happen, avoiding to make a fork. And I'm still waiting, not because I'm lazy, but because I believe GS should be only one.
(2020-05-12, 23:50:59)Stoiljkovic Wrote: ... or i18 base and ... So it is nice to have itemmanger as separate plugin (for devs) but other plugins based on it should be standalone.

Ok, that's strange. How's that work?

That's the point of the IM project, to give the developer a certain "code base" (just like a CMS does), so he doesn't have to implement the same function over and over again.
For example, why should the developer write one and the same function for each plugin that is used to store data? – So if you have 10 standalone plugins that store your data, you also have 10 different methods that do this, this will lead to more attack vectors etc, is that really efficient?

According to your statement this could be applied to the plugin concept in the same way: You want the plugins to work standalone, and the developer to build a CMS around them every time he wants to develop one?

FYI:
Excluding third-party libraries like Font Awesome, jQuery, jQuery UI and so on, ItemManager is not even 1 MB, which I think is a reasonable size. When used properly, Item Manager is carefully tuned to memory usage, since many methods are loaded at runtime. So Im pretty sure that 10 plugins based on ItemManager will be more efficient than your 5 standalone plugins.

But I don't want to force it, after all, everyone should be free and use whatever he/she wants ... ;-)
@Bigin No harm meant with my comment. And you didn't understand me correctly, which is my fault 'cause I didn't explain it right.

Cheers