Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internationalized get-simple.info
There are fans of GS who manage their own get-simple's info websites for example get-simple.ru.
I was thinking if you are ... thinking about providing internationalized version of get-simple.info website.
Since there's already a backend for managing users, and a fantastic plugin is being developed, you could allow some of contributors to actively translate pages or provide valuable info about this CMS in native languages.

I was thinking about it long time ago, but doing it, would need a standalone instance of GS under a subdomain.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
it would be a great idea - but there are so many pieces of this site that work together - Wiki, GetSimple, PunBB, Extend (wrote it myself) - and while some have single-sign on capabilities, not all have multi-language capabilities.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I was thinking about it as well.
There's no need to provide all aspects of website in native languages, as everything won't be always up do date, nor fully translated. It also needs to be approved, not to contain harmful nor rubbish content posted by people unfriendly towards GS initiative.

The most important pages are home, about, extend, and of course contribute Smile
I think you can easily provide a translation file for extend.
Wiki would need to show an alert or plain message: "Wiki content isn't currently available in your language".
It also still needs a bit more love, thus I'd not touch it at the beginning. But let's leave wiki for another occasion.

About forum ... well, forums are always problematic when it goes to provide support in other languages.
Contributors and moderators continuously arrive and leave, so providing a language section having only 1 person do manage it doesn't make sense. It often wouldn't be a technician, thus helping users with technical problems would be very hard.

I'm only asking what do you think about it , because you still work on GS webpage, and GS3 is still in RC stage and it has a priority.

ps. since GS is being implemented in 1 click webinstallers on some hosting companies, I'd advise to let them add some kind of a linkback or a donation button to inform the users that there's something more than only a webapplication available in hosting repository.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad