Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Gallery
Hi All,

First off, this is an great little program! Perfect for the web pages i make for people (easy to use, simple to update...)

Now some web pages I create for people need to include a basic image gallery... Now instead of having to install a separate image gallery program to work along side GetSimple, what are the chances of getting an image gallery addon for this script?

I think it would be a great addon!

Cheers

James
IMHO thats not needed. GetSimple won't stay that simple if to much functionality is added.
As a second point against a Gallery: what would it look like? A horizontal or vertical list of images with notes and comments? only images? with popup, lightbox or newpage for enlarged images?

Maybe someday GetSimple will have some kind of Plugin/addon interface and a big community of developers who write some addons - maybe a menaltoGallery integration.

For now I hope the will be some improvements to simple funktionality like a mediaManager for uploaded files in the editor. or some outOfTheBox functions for multiLevel oder splitLevel navigation.
http://blog.projekt2k.de
I was just thinking just a simple upload thing from the admin panel (just like the upload that is there already) and just uses a page that lists all the image thumbnails, with lightview to open them... thats it, just a simple one.
You can easily create pseudo-galleries with various jQuery plugins.

My personal choice is shadowbox, which with a quick tweak of the rel="" attribute, can transform any series of images on a page - or any media, really - into a gallery.

It's much simpler than adding an embedded gallery to GetSimple, and keeps the GS package fairly compact.
I agree andymci. I think that's the best option.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Can anyone give me a quick lesson in how to apply "shadowbox" to a site. I thought I had it figured out but nothing is happening. Does the header script go onto the template.php file? Does the shadowbox folder have to be inside the GetSimple folder or is linking it in the header enough? Where/how does the rel="shadowbox" fit in?
You can probably tell this is all new to me.
thanks
@Jamz:
Take a look at the default theme, it comes with a contact script that is working almost completely outside of the standard GetSimple. It shouldn’t be to hard to recreate some sort of extra page like this yourself, made to show pictures from a certain folder. Obviously you can make it recognise images that you have uploaded through GetSimple.

I would think this is the closest thing you’ll get to a gallery integrated with GetSimple.

@debl:
According to the Shaduwbox usage page it does not matter where you put the downloaded files. All that matters is that you link the Javascript files from your template.php. The code for that can be found on their site too.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I came across a pretty nice gallery script that can be php included into a page.

I mentioned it here...

http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=210

Peace.

homershines