Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login Admin Password
I've a strange problem,
today after some changes the admin panel do not log me in and say that i write a wrong password but i've the pwd saved and iìm sure that is correct.
After this i tried the resetpassword.php and it would send a new password to the mail but i've never received this mail.
some one know how can i reset and change the password to log in ?
In this situation i can note have access to the site.
I precise that i can have regular access by ftp and i'm in search of a page or something where i can change or modify the user admin to log in .
I've also tried to reconfigure all the gsconfig.php with or without the voice of gsadmin but never change or happen.
bye and thank to all
I'm newbie and i search to understand this great cms.
Excuse to all if i ask every time stupid questions .
THX
Hi! What "changes" took place? Did you edit pages or did you update or install plugins or did you upgrade GetSimple (when I did that at two occasions, that happened to me, too).
Hi,
i've reinstalled GS and it was all ok and after i've installed one plug in related at the management of a theme and also modified the html code in the footer.php of the template to inserto the google code ror the analytics.
After this has been impossible to log in at my admin panel.
I precise that i've installed TWO GS one in the other to have two differents themes on the same site and using the special effects that have one for the gallery and the clean aspect that has the other.
In the specific i've used theme innovation and theme pixel studio regular in two differents GS intallation but fr the same site.
I hope to have been clear in my explain.
Thanks
THX
No sorry dangerin, that really confuses me now - and it doesn't sound like something one should do:
Quote:i've installed TWO GS one in the other

Do you have a backup of your first installation? Or try to remove the second installation.

What does your directory structure lokk like? Where did you install the OTHER GS?
Hi,
So : i've installed on www.mydomain.ext i've installed the first GS and after in www.mydomain.com/myfolder i've installed an other GS
so when i link to www.mydomain.ext i see my site with first installation of GS and when i click on an a label putted on a page it link to mydomain.ext/myfolder that is an other GS with other template and other effects and functions.
I do not know if i've done a strange choose but i've thought at this solution to use two themes that i like on one site .
Bye
Now i've reset the password by mail changing on user.xml the mail and resending the new password but i would like if there is a folder in what i can see the log of admin and change eventually it.
Thanks
THX
Well, it would be easier to mess a bit with other theme (change it's theme file name, along with css and other needed files) and switch between themes in page setup.

Some users were asking for this, and I started to think that ability of setting different themes per page should get into GS.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
hi yojoe. i think that if you create the possibility to use different themes per page it is interesting because who ( how me ) is not able to work with css etc etc surely prefere to have this plug in.
THANK YOU
THX
As for now, just upload files from additional theme, into main/default theme directory.
But before doing that, rename the template.php, and corresponding .css file, edit the renamed template.php file, and change the url to .css file in <head> section.

That should be enough, as I doubt image files would have identical names.'

edit: of course you set the theme in options window when you edit/create page.
Hi
i've done and it's ok but not all effects that are present on the theme are active because the themes using all the same page's name and i do not found where to change the link to that pages on the code.
U hope to have explained as well as possible but is hard to give you a correct description
THX
edit page -> site options -> theme -> assign a theme you want for the page from drop-down list

I forgot to add, that you also need to also merge functions.php (just copy->paste functions from second theme to first one) from both themes.