Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking to Internal Pages
Maybe I just don't see it - but, is there a way to link to internal pages when using the link pop-up box in the editor? The extra step of having to "know" what the full website URL for an internal page is a bit confusing for CMS users (clients) who don't really know the way "this internet thing" works. Smile

For example, let's say I have a bunch of press releases. On my main press release page, the directory (/site/index.php?id=press-releases), I have internal links to each of my actual press release pages (/site/index.php?id=press-release-01012011). So, today, I have a new release. I go and create the child page, "press-release-today's-date"). Now, when I go to my main press release directory page, I want to insert a link to this new page, but it's too confusing for my client to know the full url. Is there a shorthand way to enter the link? A dropdown field to select a page by slug, etc....?

Thanks,
Chris
i want this feature in the core as well, but havent had the time to write it. I will add it to the Isue list so we have it on the plate

http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=126
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
OK, great - Thanks for an awesome product!
You're very welcome! Welcome to the community!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Yes, that's missing. But it would be really good, if not a static link is inserted, but a "flexible" link. So the link doesn't get broken, when a page is moved, renamed etc.
Texta Wrote:Yes, that's missing. But it would be really good, if not a static link is inserted, but a "flexible" link. So the link doesn't get broken, when a page is moved, renamed etc.

I think this works in 3.0B. The link is static I think, but you can still change the page name without changing the page slug (= used in link). Also, the link still works when you move the page.

All tested.
Is this what you're looking for? http://get-simple.info/forum/post/10798/