Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking Stuff off the get-simple.info To-Do List
So I've been hard at work trying to fix some of the most annoying things about the site making sure that it is as user-friendly as our great CMS is.

I will probably try and keep this as up to date as possible, but over the last few days this is what I've fixed:
  • Theme thumbnails are now shown again in Extend. Also added to "All Themes" link
  • Forum is showing links to it's RSS feeds and Subscription Link
  • New mySQL based 5-Star rating system in Extend. After a while, we will be able to list the top fated plugins.
  • Links to older versions of Extend files. Right now, it's only working on a couple plugins that i was testing with - but going forward, all files uploaded will be kept inside the "archive"

If you have any site requests (not CMS features/bug - but get-simple.info features/bugs) post them here. I may already have them on my list, but if I don't - I will get it added.

Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Great, this website really represents the cms imo

A gallery would be nice. A place where users can submit their getsimple website.. Definitely not needed, but it would be a nice feature.
I appreciate your work and your invested time!

The theme thumbnails are very helpful, if all themers would deliver screenshots the list would be great.

It gives a first impression of a theme and by that lowers the serverload because you must not download a theme to find it aesthetically non-fitting ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks for the hard work, Chris! \o/
Suggestion 1: It would be nice to receive email notifications when a PM is received on the forums.
I looked but could not any setting to turn this on or off.

Suggestion 2: Also it would be nice to see the 'New Posts' notifications and 'Private Message' notifications on all get-simple.info pages instead of only the forum.
I am sure that would require a lot of work, its more of a suggestion for the future. It could further encourage user involvement with the community.
mikeh Wrote:It would be nice to receive email notifications when a PM is received on the forums.
I looked too, but apparently it's not possible with punBB. There are loads of feature requests on the punBB support site, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. Sad
--
Nick.
Chris,

I suggest you take a rest first ... you did hard work, and after a rest normally the todo-lists get clearer and shorter in my experience ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Yeah - i have a lot of personal wishes for PunBB, but like Connie said - who knows if they will ever get done. I like the script because I can use it's authentication everywhere (Extend & Wiki) but now it's so integrated that it will be hard to change even if i wanted to.

Thanks Connie - I think i may need to take a break too. The weather is getting warmer here and the kids will be wanting to go outside more and more.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I added the Google Translate dropdown at the bottom of every page within the get-simple.info umbrella. Let me know if it causes any problems for anyone or if it can be better setup somehow. Thanks!
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:I added the Google Translate dropdown at the bottom of every page within the get-simple.info umbrella. Let me know if it causes any problems for anyone or if it can be better setup somehow. Thanks!
Yesterday I experienced the situation that dismissing the Google Translate didn't stick in my browsers (Fx4, IE8, Chrome, Opera). I didn't use any cookie cleaning software and didn't fiddle with browser caches either. I hope it's understandable that this irritated me, especially on my netbook.

Now Translate seems to be gone even in browsers in which I didn't yet dismiss it. Is it being worked on?
i can disable the toolbar... maybe I will do that. (no i havent worked on it since i added it)
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:i can disable the toolbar... maybe I will do that. (no i havent worked on it since i added it)
Just for clarification: I'm not saying you should remove it, it might prove useful to some. If dismissing Translate works, it's fine. I'll keep an eye on it in my browsers.

Edit: Seems to be honoured now here.
polyfragmented Wrote:Edit: Seems to be honoured now here.
I'm still experiencing the problem with Translate not honouring my decision to never see it with English pages again - exclusively on my netbook. I just installed Opera, opened up the forum, navigated to a few pages, dismissed the toolbar.. to no avail.

I can't imagine any reason for this, can only state that it's there. I think I'll resort to editing the bar away.
Today, the Translate bar didn't appear so far. Maybe it was some weird cookie-saving problem.
polyfragmented Wrote:Today, the Translate bar didn't appear so far. Maybe it was some weird cookie-saving problem.

I removed the auto-show code for the translate bar Wink if it was giving you trouble, im sure others were having the same problem.
- Chris

Well, the gripes about PunBB have been solved... because we're not using PunBB anymore.
And yes, now you get email notifications about PMs.
How we just have to fix Wiki and Extend.
Fun! /sarcasm
Everything's good now. I'm going to un-stick this.