Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 3.0 upgrade, can't login (SOLVED - See Last post)
This is the same issue I reported back in the 3.0 beta with no resolution.

I've created a backup website http://staging.cartocopia.com and copied everything over from my old site, verified working.

I followed the upgrade steps (renamed /admin/, uploaded the new /admin/, replaced index.php and modified .htaccess).

The first time it gave the error, and indicated it was converting.

Everything appears top work OK. but the site just will not let me login. I keep getting redirected back to the login page.

If I use a "wrong" use or password I get the appropriate error. With the correct user/password, it just loops me back to the login page, thought he URL in the browser now reads:

Code:
http://staging.cartocopia.com/admin/index.php?redirect=/admin/pages.php

I'm really stuck. Even if I delete cookies, it fails, but I now have two new cookies, one called:
GS_ADMIN_USERNAME
and one what looks like a base64 encoding, so the GS seems to "think" I'm logged in.

I've got debug turned on, but no useful messages Sad

-Rob A>
exactly the same problem here.
which upgrade step did you do? Since you can't login, i would suggest trying option #1 : http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation...leshooting
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
actually I did a fresh installation and was redirected to the login page but no password was sent to me.
I manually changed the password in the data/users/user.xml file to a new sha1 password.
then when I tried to login it seems to accept the password but redirects me back to the login page.
If I put in a wrong password then it wouldn't redirect and will put up a message that the password or username were wrong.
do you see anything inside /data/other/logs/errorlog.txt?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
The only error I get is:

Quote:[29-Mar-2011 11:29:19] PHP Strict Standards: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/cartocop/public_html/staging/admin/template/footer.php on line 17

Any other debug I could do?

EDIT: I'm also trying your option 2 in a different subdomain... let you know how it goes.

-Rob A>
SOLVED (after installing another instance, following "option 1" then checking every file against every other file.

My old login used mixed (UseR) case in the name, and this is what was in the old user.xml file.

The conversion created a new <user>.xml but kept the mixed case user name:
Code:
<USR>UseR</USR>

After changing to lower case:
Code:
<USR>user</USR>

I could log in.

Note I was also getting an warning message about time zones - appears this is because the conversion didn't take the old timezone settings in the website xml file
Code:
<TIMEZONE><![CDATA[America/New_York]]></TIMEZONE><LANG><![CDATA[en_US]]></LANG>

and move them into the new <user>.xml file.

-Rob A>
Good job tracking the culprit, Rob! \o/
I think that line #51 of /admin/update.php should be changed to this in order to prevent this from happening:

Code:
$USR = _id(stripslashes($datau->USR));

Can someone confirm?
- Chris