Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Error
Fresh install, just uploaded to server, go to the page for setup and got this
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /nfs/c05/h04/mnt/78162/domains/willbarham.com/html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 108
nm, solved it, php4 was used instead of php5
thanks! i dont know why php4 bombs there, but since i've seen this error before on other installs - i now know why.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I have the same problem. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/xxx/public_html/simple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 104

PHP version is 5.2.8

Any sugestions??

Thanks!
someone here mentioned that magic_quotes caused a similar problem once before. I dont have time now to search, but its in the forums somewhere
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I have pretty much the same error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/ndimes2/public_html/client_area/GetSimple/GetSimple_2.01/admin/inc/basic.php on line 110

I checked the requirements, updated to php5, and even tried adding the snippet of code suggested by another user in one forum (AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php3 .php4 .htm .html) to my .htaccess. Nothing has worked. You mention that there is a post about magic_quotes but a search turned up nothing.

I'd really like to test your CMS if someone could please help me or just point me in the right direction. Thanks.
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php3 .php4 .htm .html wont work unless your host has PHP5 installed... i would check that first
- Chris