Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox delay on Macintosh OSX 10.6.6
I know this isn't a Get-Simple problem, or at least I hope not. I hope others have seem it and can shed some light.

When I start and navigate Get-Simple (only three pages now - no graphics), I see the un-styled HTML for a brief second before the pretty stuff appears.

On the same connection, same machine, Chrome and Safari do not do it. IE 8 FireFox on Windows server do not do it and a Gateway laptop (XP SP3), ipad and iPod Touch do not do it. All computers are current with OS and all installed browsers.

On the Mac, I have tossed history, cache and cookies. I probably need to trace it.

Ideas?

SNZ
i've seen it too on occasion for some reason. I am putting in caching in 3.1 to hopefully sop it from happening. Really weird that it is only on FF that I see the delay.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:i've seen it too on occasion for some reason. I am putting in caching in 3.1 to hopefully sop it from happening. Really weird that it is only on FF that I see the delay.
And only on the Mac in my case. Weird!
That's normal, Firefox is set to display page wile it is loading, while other browsers (e.g. Chrome) waits for at least css and javascripts to be loaded before rendering webpage. You can see the similar behavior with CSS3 fonts. I'm not using Firefox frequently, only to test websites before launch, so I don't know if there's a setting to increase rendering delay.