Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip Jquery?
it seems that abandoning jquery is the thing now, so how quickly do you guess it will experience the same fate as flash?
jquery is still alive, i think is alive for next years. Many older website use this. Forget about jquery is unreal right now.
haha what a load of shit. The one has nothing to do with the other. Read too much in the polemic forums and blogs?
There are alternatives nowadays, that is a fact. If you have a problem with JQuery, you are welcome to change it. As long as it works and there are no security problems, just use it. And stop read polemics on language/framework purist blogs that say such things - they are all idiots!
But remember Riianna , many things you can create with without jquery, javascript es6 and new is more user friendly. And lighter than jquery if you wanna add class or create click event.
Quote:It seems that abandoning jquery is the thing now, so how quickly do you guess it will experience the same fate as flash?

The story of Flash is totally different from Jquery. Flash was killed in plane sight.

Flash is (was) a cross platform development tool. Apple really does not want cross-platform apps
that might divert attention and energy away from their own application ecosystem.
With Flash, Apple would no longer be the omnipotent gatekeeper of content and services on its own devices.
Flash applications, games, and media players could deliver content and services to users without passing
through the Apple tollbooth

Jquery is losing ground (AngularJS, React, VueJS, javascript) but it still is very alive because still many websites
and plugins depend on it for a long time to come.
Yes, i have read too many blogs etc about abandoning jquery, I was just curious why.