Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with plugins functionality - not working
Hi,

Originally I posted this: 
Quote:I am posting here so that more eyeballs see this post/problem as the plugin forum is buried in the site. Here is the link:

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...3#pid69923

Basically the plugin is not being picked up by the plugins tab. Need to know why.....

But it has transpired that whatever plugin I download and upload to the plugins directory it does not show up in the plugins tab.

I started a new thread for that here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=14990

I have made sure all the file and folder permissions are correct but nothing seems to work.

I am posting this here so because it has been over two weeks since the installation of GS and I have not got it workinbg at all. I am only going to be using this CMS system as a blog which is why I tried installing GS Blog and News Manager (Updated) plugins and none of them show up in the plugins tab.

The server has PHP 7.2 and is LAMP (99.9% sure - it definitely has Apache)
I have GS 3.3.16
This has now been resolved by myself.

What had happened was that for some reason there was a restoration done on the site and a folder was created for this restoration with the site folder inside that. Then the server redirected all browser requests to this new folder. So I thought I was working with the original folder which was in a separate location. So anything I uploaded 'didn't work' because the folder I was working with was the wrong one.

I discovered this when I tried to figure out what was wrong with the installation by uploading the CMS to my Matrixfiles site. Everything worked with the plugins showing up in the admin area of the installation. So I deleted the cms folder from the Forensic Nurse website which is when I discovered that it was still showing up in my browser (after emptying the cache). Obviously it shouldn't have which is when I found that the restoration folder was being used as the 'live' folder. I rang up the hosting company and they corrected that and now everything works as it should.
Hi judgedredd,
Thanks for sharing your case and what really happened.
Things are not always what we reason they are and show up
in places where we not expect.