Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CKEditor - Configuration
I would love to have more options for CKEditor in GSCONFIG.PHP

the best (for me) would be:

Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor local configuration (URL of local configuration file)
# relative to GETSIMPLE root
#define('GSEDITORLOCALCONFIG', '../../yourlocalconfiguration.js');

see here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/11396/#p11396

plus some EditorOptions as Standard:

for config.enterMode:
Code:
# WYSIWYG editor LineBreak.Behaviour (ENTER_P, ENTER_BR, ENTER_DIV)
define('GSEDITORENTERMODE',' ENTER_P');

for config.entities:
Code:
# WYSIWYG editor Convert Special Characters?
define('GSEDITORENTITY','false');

for config.skin:
Code:
# WYSIWYG editor SKIN  (getsimple,v2,office2003,.. )
define('GSEDITORSKIN','getsimple');

for config.emailProtection:
Code:
# WYSIWYG editor email-protection in mailto-links:
define('GSEDITORMailprotection','encode');

these settings seem to me the most practicable ones
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
can't you overwrite all of these with 'GSEDITOROPTIONS'?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Chris,

1)
yes, if I know that I can set these options in GSEDITOROPTIONS ... but to set some defaults even inactive will help

unfortunately CKEditor is such a mighty tool but even when implemented people know only few about it
the biggest problem of CKEditor is the lack of knowledge (do a google how to get <br /> or <p /> with ENTER, the most simple setting is a thousand-times-mystery )

so offering these options will help a lot

2)
it's not only options ... it's also functions why a local config-file which will not be overwritten is helpful

beside configuration, I have 2 more parts in my nearly ready config-file:

- setting rules for editor-behaviour (indent, linebreaks in HTML code etc.)
- dialoguedefinitions

all these are functions, not options

that's why a local config, created by one option "customConfig", will be handy

it took me some time to get that configuration nearly ready and it would be a pity if the system could not profit from it

cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
@connie - would some of these options be better suited for inclusion into the core? It seems like you are talking about some pretty general settings and i would love to make them default if they make it better.

also - kind of off topic. I want to turn off entities in ckeditor - mentioned in another post by you an Thorsten, but am afraid of what it would do to existing sites that go from 3.0 (entities:true) to 3.1 (entities:false). Would it mess their content up?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:also - kind of off topic. I want to turn off entities in ckeditor - mentioned in another post by you an Thorsten, but am afraid of what it would do to existing sites that go from 3.0 (entities:true) to 3.1 (entities:false). Would it mess their content up?
It shouldn't mess up anything. UTF-8 contains the necessary glyphs for German umlauts, French accents and what-have-you. I mean, what's going to happen: hitherto unnecessary entities in UTF-8 encoded pages are not employed, but the respective characters/glyphs.

If an admin really wants to have, say the German encoding and auto replacement with entities, they can easily bring it back by way of gsconfig and changing the page encoding.
ccagle8 Wrote:@connie - would some of these options be better suited for inclusion into the core? It seems like you are talking about some pretty general settings and i would love to make them default if they make it better.

also - kind of off topic. I want to turn off entities in ckeditor - mentioned in another post by you an Thorsten, but am afraid of what it would do to existing sites that go from 3.0 (entities:true) to 3.1 (entities:false). Would it mess their content up?

Chris,

in my experience a change will not do any harm

this setting affects text which is entered or edited in the edit-textarea and so existing pages will not be touched. If an existing site is opened in the editor and edited, the HTML-entities will be converted "back", so
Code:
&uuml; => ü

I had no problem until now with that, tested with turkish text (müdürlügü direktor) and others

No messing, just clean text. You must not fear problems
|--

Chris,

I noticed that one setting is not read from my config-file: the skin.
When I set the editor-option

Code:
skin : 'v2',

this skin is active.

When I define the same in my config-file:

Code:
config.skin = "v2",

the skin "getsimple" is active.

When I deactivate line 312 in admin/edit.php

Code:
skin : 'getsimple',

then "my" skin is active.

So I think you check only the settings in gsconfig.php and overwrite the settings from customConfig ;=(
|--