Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
number of pages in pagelist
don't call me immodest, but I whish to have more than 25 pages in the PageManagement list ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
another whish:

the PREV / NEXT links in the pagemanagement list are not translatable

please let us translate them in the language files!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
there shouldn't be a limit... are you talking about the pagination of the list? if so, i removed it from 3.1 because i didn't like the way it worked. I'm trying to find a replacement for it or I may just leave it out completely.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
yes, I mean the pagination (every 25 pages)..

better would be a setting that the admins can decide...

well, I think with GS nobody will have more than 100 or 200 pages, so without pagination would be no problem in my opinion

as we have multilevel page structure now, a suggestion could be to "fold" the pages (CMSMadeSimple lets you fold and unfold some or all hierarchical pages in the page list)
that is very handy

Cheers, Connie
|--

Connie Wrote:yes, I mean the pagination (every 25 pages)..

I don't have any pagination in 3.0. It seems to removed already in 3.0.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
If you are still using 2.03, you can use the I18N plugin. It has no pagination and features an (instant) filter field like 3.0. (you can also use the plugin with 3.0)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
sorry, I counted wrong, it is not 25 pages, but 14 pages ...

and I use the last official version GS 3

even when I deactivate all plugins I still get this pagination so it seems to me that this is a standard:

[Image: naigation.jpg]
|--

Connie Wrote:sorry, I counted wrong, it is not 25 pages, but 14 pages ...

and I use the last official version GS 3

even when I deactivate all plugins I still get this pagination so it seems to me that this is a standard:

I wondered, why I did not have any paging, so here is what I found out:
In GetSimple 3.0 pagination is only done, if the jQuery().quickpaginate function is found, which resides in jquery.quickpaginate.js, which is only included if GSPAGER is defined, which you can find in your gsconfig.php.

Make sure the GSPAGER line in your gsconfig.php is commented out - defining GSPAGER as FALSE won't switch paging off as it is still defined (although as FALSE):
Code:
#define('GSPAGER', TRUE);

@ccagle8: the condition in header.php (EDIT: and pages.php) should rather be
Code:
if(defined('GSPAGER') && GSPAGER === TRUE) {
ha, nice bug find... but like i mentioned in the earlier post I removed the quickpaginate plugin for 3.1
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:ha, nice bug find... but like i mentioned in the earlier post I removed the quickpaginate plugin for 3.1

Thanks. I think pagination does not make much sense with a hierarchical view. I was quite happy when I saw it removed when I updated to 3.0 - I suppose the default setting is not to have paging while in 2.03 it was always on.

If you are improving the pages view I suggest you replace the filter toggle with the filter field itself and set the focus to it initially like I did in the I18N plugin. This way the user can immediately start typing to find a page really fast.
mvlcek Wrote:I think pagination does not make much sense with a hierarchical view.
I completely agree. This was 80% of the reason I initially disabled it for 3.0 and now removed it.
mvlcek Wrote:replace the filter toggle with the filter field itself and set the focus to it initially like I did in the I18N plugin.
I'm not a fan of that right now... I am trying to keep the interface as clean and standard as possible. I've made a LOT of UI improvements to the SVN for preparation of 3.1 in the last week. (including the API request by filename you wanted)
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:replace the filter toggle with the filter field itself and set the focus to it initially like I did in the I18N plugin.
I'm not a fan of that right now... I am trying to keep the interface as clean and standard as possible.

You might be right, it's cleaner and it's just one click more.
Anyway, thanks for this instant filter, I like it very much and have copied the functionality for the I18N and Translate plugins already.

ccagle8 Wrote:I've made a LOT of UI improvements to the SVN for preparation of 3.1 in the last week. (including the API request by filename you wanted)

Great!
I will switch immediately this GSPAGER, I was not aware that I had enabled it some times ago

but it had it's effect - going on better!

Cheers. Connie
|--