Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after first setup config I can't see website folder in HTDOCS
My configuration: windows XP, apache server.

Follows what I did:
Copy zip folder in Apache htdocs
Extract zip folder. It creates the new folder named GetSimple_3.0
I open on my browser localhost/GetSimple_3.0
Correctly open the install page with the requirements: all requirements correctly installed
Click on "continue with setup"
Correctly open the setup page. Ask me for website name (testGetSimple), username (admin) and email (giovacane@ymail.com)
Click on "Install Now!"
Here the problem! Can't open "http://localhost/GetSimple_3.0/admin/welcome.php". it gives me "Internal Server Error"

By now, if I open localhost page on the browser I can't see the GetSimple_3.0 folder, that before the installation I could see.

I suspected an htaccess problem, so I delete the htaccess file in the GetSimple_3.0 folder, and now I can correctly access the website and the admin page.

I write here the content of that htaccess file:
/****START - THE CONTENT OF THE HTACCESS FILE********/
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /GetSimple_3.0/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
/****END - THE CONTENT OF THE HTACCESS FILE********/

Maybe I should change something in this file. I don't know.
What shoul I do?
I'm having the exact same problem, the browser reports an internal server error after I configured the name, database, etc. I'm running Windows 7 with WAMP as the testing site. I realized that the configuration can go wrong because I don't have an email server (just a guess, can someone confirm?).

However, when I uploaded a fresh copy of GetSimple to my hosting provider (which is using Debian), somehow, all the configuration points back to the localhost configuration. By that, I mean, all the CSS and files that are suppose to be pointed toward other folders on the web server have an URL like this: <link href="http://localhost/simple/theme/Innovation/assets/css/reset.css" rel="stylesheet">

Regards,
Angela
Angela,

there is no database in GS, so what do you mean?

I installed GetSimple on localhost with WAMP or other LocalServer without working mail server many times and had no problem with that

and when I install on a webserver at a hoster, you can always correct the settings if your internal links point wrong...

did you use "Support / Health Check" to find out what goes wrong?

And check the website settings and correct the URL, more info here:

http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:website_settings

PS: if something somehow points back to your localhost... clear all caches, maybe? That could help
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie,

After opening index.php for the first time in the setup, I saw a few configuration options and settings, and the local system didn't pass some of those (including the CUrl module), and when I continue with setting up the email as well as the account name, and press next, the screen just shows internal error (like I mentioned before), and there is no way I can go back to fix some of the settings.
And no, I didn't get any email regarding the setup, that's why I suspected it may be an email server problem. I don't have a local email server, nor did I point a server address for which the CMS can use.

I didn't install the modules on my local WAMP server and try to test it on my hosting provider instead as they have all the necessary modules installed. However, as I mentioned before, when I try to enter index.php for the first time (with a fresh copy of the files), somehow, the links (all CSS, JS external files) point toward localhost, and I have no idea why. The page is just plain text.
I also tried to access the backend system, but without a username password combination, I can't configure anything.

Regards,
Angela

PS: one thing I do remember is setting up the server (in the second step) to be localhost. I wonder if that affected the files and make all the links point to the local host. However, like I mentioned, I placed a fresh copy of the files on the provider's server, so I'm not quite sure how all those links are set to point to localhost.
What if you remove the root level .htaccess file?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I did that, no effect on GetSimple, but it kind of got my other CMS into trouble. Anyway, I had to delete the entire CMS folder now. I uploaded another fresh copy to the server, from a location that didn't have any previous setup. It works now!

Thanks,
Angela
Angela,

sometimes it is the best to start anew... who will be able to reconstruct what might have gone wrong ;=(

so it's good you have a working installation now,

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie,

Thanks for your information. I did start with a new copy from another computer that I'm using. I do wonder why does it happen to the original one though, it's just a little strange that even with new copies on that original machine, things won't work out correctly.
angelazou Wrote:I do wonder why does it happen to the original one though, it's just a little strange that even with new copies on that original machine, things won't work out correctly.

Angela, how can we find out? The world is a big mess in total, so it's impossible to find explanation for everything ;=)

the only suggestion I can give you is to keep an eye on that machine in similar situations
maybe the filesystem is broken on your harddisk etc. many many reasons
who knows?
|--

angelazou Wrote:I did that, no effect on GetSimple, but it kind of got my other CMS into trouble.
this right there tells you what the problem is. Your other CMS's .htaccess file is conflicting somehow with the new one. usually that internal service error is .htaccess related.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I close this topic now because it attracted more than 10 forum span replies in the last days but no more thread-related content
|--