Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to create sitemaps and backup site
I updated to 3.0 getsimple.
But now I can not create a sitemap and a backup. I see the word "denied"after clicking a button. Why? How do I fix it?
included debug. Message:
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/r/rusukrnet/newelectro/public_html/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/r/rusukrnet/newelectro/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/r/rusukrnet/newelectro/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69
zoneding Wrote:I have a website about stone crusher,the sitemap is xtml, I want to make it hyper links,how to change the code?

The sitemap which you link in the footer is a sitemap in XML (not xtml) which is generated for search engines and other "engines", but is not intended to be integrated in the content for webbrowsers

that is absolutely correct.

If you need a sitemap which you want to use in your page content, you will need other functionality which is easy to achieve.

What to do: I just tested and it works:

you will create a template which contains the sitemap and use that.

Follow these steps:
  • Install, if you have not done it yet, the i18N-plugin, get it here: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/
  • create a copy of your standard-template (template.php in your theme-folder
  • save this as sitemap.php
  • open it in an editor
  • find this string
Code:
<?php get_page_content(); ?>
  • replace this with
Code:
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), 0,99, showall); ?>
  • save it and upload it to your server into the theme-folder inside "themes" - directory
  • create a new page
  • in page-options, use "sitemap.php" as page-template
  • save it and check it at your website: you have a sitemap with links in HTML-format

if you want to add some content before or after the sitemap, do not replace
Code:
<?php get_page_content(); ?>
by
Code:
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), 0,99, showall); ?>
, but add that after or before the page-content in sitemap.php:

an example:
Code:
<div><?php get_page_content(); ?></div>
<div><?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), 0,99, showall); ?></div>

an example? Check here: http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/sitemap

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie: when/how is sitemap.xml file being loaded/parsed, because I don't see any reference to it in your guide :/

I was thinking about doing a function to parse sitemap.xml manually, but if one of plugins actually offers such functionality, I wouldn't need to do it anymore.

edit: ohhh I was thinking about parsing sitemap.xml file, and you just show all visible menu elements.
Those aren't the same Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I think zoneding is a spammer.

- I can't see any evidence that the linked site is anything to do with GetSimple.
- Stone crushing equipment has been very popular here in the last couple of days.
--
Nick.
yeah he's gone, getting sick of of that stone crusher crap....
My Github Repos: Github
yojoe Wrote:Connie: when/how is sitemap.xml file being loaded/parsed, because I don't see any reference to it in your guide :/

I was thinking about doing a function to parse sitemap.xml manually, but if one of plugins actually offers such functionality, I wouldn't need to do it anymore.

edit: ohhh I was thinking about parsing sitemap.xml file, and you just show all visible menu elements.
Those aren't the same Wink

Yojoe, a sitemap on a website should show only links to pages in a tree view
that's what I did with my suggestion and it shows up like this: http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/sitemap

I did not compare with a sitemap.xml but these should also show only the pages which are linked in the menu ...

I think "my way" is much easier and more obvious ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Actually a thml sitemap isn't just a list of links.
It should offer also page description and if possible last change date.

As I said, it's not the same Wink
Depends of course on link structure, which may contain all needed things.

Anyway, seems I will have to use a cache plugin and grab all the info it contains to create a html sitemap ... some day :]
yojoe Wrote:Actually a thml sitemap isn't just a list of links.
I would not expect a Site Map or Site Index page on a website to include that extra information, but there is no reason why it could not be shown, I suppose.

Whether for a Site Index page or for sitemap.xml, I would not include any hidden pages or other hidden resources. If the Site Index is for visitors and sitemap.xml is to guide the search engines, in both cases I would not want to expose hidden content – after all, it is hidden for a reason. ;-)

@connie : Your guide to generating a Site Index is very useful – thanks! I may be missing a detail of the German, but perhaps you could mention that the guide is only for generating a site page, not for generating sitemap.xml (which can be generated from the admin control panel, of course)?
--
Nick.
That statement is highly debatable, yojoe. I'm not saying a HTML sitemap can't ever have the info you mentioned, but it does not seem the norm to include more than an hierarchical listing of available pages.

You kinda phrased it as if it were a standard to include more stuff, which it isn't, sorry. No offense meant.
hameau Wrote:@connie : Your guide to generating a Site Index is very useful – thanks! I may be missing a detail of the German, but perhaps you could mention that the guide is only for generating a site page, not for generating sitemap.xml (which can be generated from the admin control panel, of course)?

Hi Nick,

that is exactly what I wrote in the first paragraph:

Quote:There are 2 kinds of Sitemaps:

* one which is offered to the searching machines, in XML format which is not indicated, however, in the browser
* and a Sitemap which one would like to offer to have an overview of the page contents on the web page itself.

How that works I explain here: ...

so for me it was logic. But I described it more detailled now, so the misunderstanding will be avoided.

Thanks for the hint!

@yojoe,

I once had a sitemap with the information like you described it in another, now forgotten CMS. My users / my client were disturbed and I was told that they want clear navigation...

the sitemap which you describe would be a mixture of index and navigation and that can be overwhelming sometimes

but for sure there can be reasons to use that, but I never saw it in practice

Let us see in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site_map

Quote:Site maps can improve search engine optimization of a site by making sure that all the pages can be found. .....

They also act as a navigation aid ... by providing an overview of a site's content at a single glance.
|--

polyfragmented Wrote:
That statement is highly debatable, yojoe. I'm not saying a HTML sitemap can't ever have the info you mentioned, but it does not seem the norm to include more than an hierarchical listing of available pages.

You kinda phrased it as if it were a standard to include more stuff, which it isn't, sorry. No offense meant.

No prob as it goes bout me.
Everyone has his own approach and experience.
Mine is like most devs/designers I know: html sitemap is for living people, who needs to find a certain content.
The better I group and describe pages, the better for them.

Just my 2 cents, you know Wink
yojoe Wrote:Everyone has his own approach and experience.
Mine is like most devs/designers I know: html sitemap is for living people, who needs to find a certain content.
The better I group and describe pages, the better for them.

Just my 2 cents, you know Wink

And for me the site map is about seeing what information is available on the site. Normally it is sufficient to see the page titles. But the site map should also show pages that are not available via the menu but only via links in the text.

And if I want to find something specific I hope that the site has a good search...
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.