Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video archive for retro computers
Thumbs Up 
Hi everyone,

I'm the new guy on the forums. Just discovered GetSimple CMS while on the search for a CMS that was still rather up to date, not requiring a database and yet would provide backwards compatibility. I'm happy to report that GetSimple CMS works fine even on Mac OS 9.2.2 and Classilla Browser (a slightly updated Netscape 7) which is amazing! I can edit content on my 22 year old Power Mac. All hail the power of PHP and simple HTML Smile

That said, I'm using GetSimple for my retro computing project. I felt that old Macintosh computers were way too cool to be shelved away so I created Cornica. It is essentially a Mac-centric Quicktime (anyone remember?) archive. You can go online with your old computer and watch "computer video" the way we used to back in the days before YouTube, Facebook & others :-)

Because my target was a 68030 Macintosh IIci from 1989 I had to backport a lot of stuff to HTML 3.2 (1997 specs). Now the page happily renders in Netscape 4.08, which is the last version created for 68k Macintoshes. Say hello to our good old friends ImageMaps & table layout :-)

Visit Cornica, preferably with your old gear: =>http://www.cornica.org

Thanks to all GS core & plugin devs!

Messages In This Thread
Video archive for retro computers - by Bolkonskij - 2020-11-05, 01:47:32
RE: Video archive for retro computers - by Felix - 2020-11-05, 06:00:39
RE: Video archive for retro computers - by Felix - 2022-01-19, 03:34:45
RE: Video archive for retro computers - by Felix - 2022-01-22, 00:39:50