Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Multi User 1.4' Plugin
Connie Wrote:I installed GS 3.1B today with the actual multi-user-plugin from the extend , 1.2.1

I can install users, but when I log out, I get this message:

Quote:Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "./../data/users/.xml" in /var/www/web10/html/getsimplebeta/plugins/user-managment.php on line 680
Unable to load XML file!

but the data file for the new user is there

I deactivated the plugin and deleted it

Am I wrong that multi-user-plugin will come with a language file? In the moment it is only english

I will download the beta version and test this out.

Right now the plugin only has the English language file. I will work on adding other languages.
I have problems with umlauts in the user name
[Image: gs_multiuser.jpg]

the umlaut in the username is not saved correctly, the xml-file is named "grã¼nrock.xml"

I can not delete that user in the multi-user-administration
I cannot download that file with filezilla-ftp
I cannot rename it using filezilla
I cannot delete it using filezilla

owner group is 664 664 and file permission is 755, but I can't get rid of that file

errormessage is:
Quote:ERROR!! - Unable To Delete File, Please Check Error Log Or Turn On Debug

failedlogins.log shows this message:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<channel><entry><date>Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:21:08 -0400</date><Username><![CDATA[gr&atilde;&frac14;nrock]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[217.92.142.100]]></IP_Address></entry></channel>

debug says:
Warning: unlink(/var/www/..../html/.../..../data/users/grã¼®rock.xml) [function.unlink]: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden in /var/www/web3/html/demo/lotz/plugins/user-managment.php on line 35

I am not sure whether the browser was set to UTF-8 when we created the user. as it was at a client's pc

please check whether the user names are treated as UTF-8 correctly,

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
allienato Wrote:I try to change permissions for a user (block Pages, etc..), click on "save changes" but nothing happens.
my workaround is to create a user and set permissions in that form. this works.
but of course I cannot change permissions when the user is created.

hi,
is there any solution for the "save" problem?
thank you guys!

greetz from germany

EDIT: i changed already the CHMOD in gsconfig.php to:
Code:
define('GSCHMOD', 0775);
but nothing happen ...
@author mikeh
thanks a lot for your work!

there is another issue Smile

bug-report (GS 3.0 + multiuser 1.2.1)
restricted user "test" (can see only "pages","files" and "settings")
-> after edit his own profile, like changing password
-> in the test.xml all permissions get lost ...
-> test-user has now admin-rights :-( no more restricted

test.xml before:
Code:
<item><USR>test</USR><PWD>xxx</PWD><EMAIL>xxx</EMAIL><HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE>Europe/Brussels</TIMEZONE><LANG>de_DE</LANG><PERMISSIONS><PAGES></PAGES><FILES></FILES><THEME>no</THEME><PLUGINS>no</PLUGINS><BACKUPS>no</BACKUPS><SETTINGS></SETTINGS><SUPPORT>no</SUPPORT><EDIT></EDIT><LANDING></LANDING><ADMIN>no</ADMIN></PERMISSIONS></item>

test.xml after:
Code:
<item><USR>test</USR><PWD>xxx</PWD><EMAIL>xxx</EMAIL><HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE>Europe/Brussels</TIMEZONE><LANG>de_DE</LANG></item>

best regards from germany!
Connie Wrote:I have problems with umlauts in the user name
[Image: gs_multiuser.jpg]

the umlaut in the username is not saved correctly, the xml-file is named "grã¼nrock.xml"

I can not delete that user in the multi-user-administration
I cannot download that file with filezilla-ftp
I cannot rename it using filezilla
I cannot delete it using filezilla

owner group is 664 664 and file permission is 755, but I can't get rid of that file

errormessage is:
Quote:ERROR!! - Unable To Delete File, Please Check Error Log Or Turn On Debug

failedlogins.log shows this message:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<channel><entry><date>Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:21:08 -0400</date><Username><![CDATA[gr&atilde;&frac14;nrock]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[217.92.142.100]]></IP_Address></entry></channel>

debug says:
Warning: unlink(/var/www/..../html/.../..../data/users/grã¼®rock.xml) [function.unlink]: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden in /var/www/web3/html/demo/lotz/plugins/user-managment.php on line 35

I am not sure whether the browser was set to UTF-8 when we created the user. as it was at a client's pc

please check whether the user names are treated as UTF-8 correctly,

Cheers, Connie

That is strange. I cannot replicate this error on any of my computers. It is very possible what was submitted in the username field was not utf-8. probably as you said, a browser issue
chainsaw81 Wrote:@author mikeh
thanks a lot for your work!

there is another issue Smile

bug-report (GS 3.0 + multiuser 1.2.1)
restricted user "test" (can see only "pages","files" and "settings")
-> after edit his own profile, like changing password
-> in the test.xml all permissions get lost ...
-> test-user has now admin-rights :-( no more restricted

test.xml before:
Code:
<item><USR>test</USR><PWD>xxx</PWD><EMAIL>xxx</EMAIL><HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE>Europe/Brussels</TIMEZONE><LANG>de_DE</LANG><PERMISSIONS><PAGES></PAGES><FILES></FILES><THEME>no</THEME><PLUGINS>no</PLUGINS><BACKUPS>no</BACKUPS><SETTINGS></SETTINGS><SUPPORT>no</SUPPORT><EDIT></EDIT><LANDING></LANDING><ADMIN>no</ADMIN></PERMISSIONS></item>

test.xml after:
Code:
<item><USR>test</USR><PWD>xxx</PWD><EMAIL>xxx</EMAIL><HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE>Europe/Brussels</TIMEZONE><LANG>de_DE</LANG></item>

best regards from germany!

Both if the issues you experienced should now be resolved.
Just Uploaded Version 1.3 To Extend

Version 1.3 Changes
  • Fixed "Edit User" Form
    Previously was not saving/updating correctly
  • Fixed "Delete User" button
  • Now Compatible with GS 3.1
  • Bolded Text Explaining Permissions Blocking.
  • "Add New User" Button Moved To Top left
  • Clicking On Labels For Checkboxes Selects Box
  • The "Edit" User Link "Cursor" Is Now Pointer
@mikeh

thank you so much for your quick update.
changes look great!

however, after uploading the 1.2.1 version still appears?
probably the new version isn't on the
chainsaw81 Wrote:@mikeh

thank you so much for your quick update.
changes look great!

however, after uploading the 1.2.1 version still appears?
probably the new version isn't on the

Oops, I forgot to update the version number. I fixed it and uploaded to extend.
mikeh Wrote:Oops, I forgot to update the version number. I fixed it and uploaded to extend.
Also, your forum signature Wink
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
sal Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:Oops, I forgot to update the version number. I fixed it and uploaded to extend.
Also, your forum signature Wink
Thanks Smile
Updated
@mikeh

sorry, but my specified bug from 2011-07-18 is still active ?!

after login with restricted user, he changed his own password, afte saving all restrictions getting lost ...
he can access all tabs.

thanks an best regards.
chainsaw81
chainsaw81 Wrote:@mikeh

sorry, but my specified bug from 2011-07-18 is still active ?!

after login with restricted user, he changed his own password, afte saving all restrictions getting lost ...
he can access all tabs.

thanks an best regards.
chainsaw81

You are correct. temporary solution would be to block the settings page.

I will get this worked out asap.
Hey Mike,

Nice plugin ... I'm having the same issue as chainsaw81, except I can't get the password (or email address) to save on a user I'm editing as an administrator ... running Multi User 1.3 and GS 3.0.
gtammi Wrote:Hey Mike,

Nice plugin ... I'm having the same issue as chainsaw81, except I can't get the password (or email address) to save on a user I'm editing as an administrator ... running Multi User 1.3 and GS 3.0.

What browser are you using and if you turn debug mode on, do you get any errors? I thought I fixed this issue.
is there a way to tweak this plugin to let certain users only edit certain pages?

my situation is this:
I live in an artist cooperative building. I was elected the head of the 'web design committee' and so I'm charged with the task of getting a CMS to...

- have informational pages about the cooperative
- have sub pages for every artist so they can have a bio/portfolio of sorts.
- each artist can only edit their own section.
- there are roughly 100 artists.

I know this is a lot of users for a CMS that is trying to be minimal, but I don't want to use drupal or joomla or wordpress because frankly, I hate them. getsimple and I are in love. it's like refinery CMS only PHP (which = easy for future users to maintain).

also, I know it's OT for this particular thread, but I'm also looking to HIGHLY limit how the aritsts are able to edit their pages. the current idea is that they will fill out a form like: name, bio, website/twitter/facebook links. and then another "add project" form like "project name, type, date, collaborators, youtube/soundcloud/flickr url.

this way we can slam all of that into a database and make all the artist page designs uniform and no one can break it. I have one friend who is ok with PHP, does this sound like an easy plugin to write, or pretty tricky?
Hi pixeltarian,

I am thinking about your ideas, and as I am "in love" with 2 CMS systems (GetSimple and CMSMadeSimple), my first ideas how to realize your artists' front end are that you could do that with CMSMS, using the Module FrontendUsers (FEU) plus the formbuilder-plugin which will write the entries into database

for GetSimple I have no idea in the moment
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Hi pixeltarian,

I am thinking about your ideas, and as I am "in love" with 2 CMS systems (GetSimple and CMSMadeSimple), my first ideas how to realize your artists' front end are that you could do that with CMSMS, using the Module FrontendUsers (FEU) plus the formbuilder-plugin which will write the entries into database

for GetSimple I have no idea in the moment

awesome. I'm looking at cmsms now.
the other thing we thought about doing is have a form that users fill out. then that data will populate a database, and then we'll make a VERY mini CMS for the things users submit and embed it inside of getsimple. like a CMS within a CMS.

does that sound like a reasonable strategy, or bad news bears?

otherwise, any idea if CMSMS going to be out of beta soon?
pixeltarian Wrote:the other thing we thought about doing is have a form that users fill out. then that data will populate a database, and then we'll make a VERY mini CMS for the things users submit and embed it inside of getsimple. like a CMS within a CMS.

does that sound like a reasonable strategy, or bad news bears?

well, you can always implement a form which populates a database in a GetSimple page, using a special template for that, and present the results in another page, for sure

to me, your idea sounds like a wiki, integrated in GetSimple, which is also possible
|--

pixeltarian Wrote:is there a way to tweak this plugin to let certain users only edit certain pages?

my situation is this:
I live in an artist cooperative building. I was elected the head of the 'web design committee' and so I'm charged with the task of getting a CMS to...

- have informational pages about the cooperative
- have sub pages for every artist so they can have a bio/portfolio of sorts.
- each artist can only edit their own section.
- there are roughly 100 artists.

I know this is a lot of users for a CMS that is trying to be minimal, but I don't want to use drupal or joomla or wordpress because frankly, I hate them. getsimple and I are in love. it's like refinery CMS only PHP (which = easy for future users to maintain).

also, I know it's OT for this particular thread, but I'm also looking to HIGHLY limit how the aritsts are able to edit their pages. the current idea is that they will fill out a form like: name, bio, website/twitter/facebook links. and then another "add project" form like "project name, type, date, collaborators, youtube/soundcloud/flickr url.

this way we can slam all of that into a database and make all the artist page designs uniform and no one can break it. I have one friend who is ok with PHP, does this sound like an easy plugin to write, or pretty tricky?

A large part of what you need actually is on my roadmap for this plugin Tongue
Great Plugin! But I think there is one bug for the pages. That is, if I have created a page with the title and URL that starts with:

Title: Support Policy
Slug/URL: support-policy

and have that user blocked to access the support checkbox, the titles are hidden from the Pages tab list.
phpsns Wrote:Great Plugin! But I think there is one bug for the pages. That is, if I have created a page with the title and URL that starts with:

and have that user blocked to access the support checkbox, the titles are hidden from the Pages tab list.

Wrong Thread, this thread is for an entirely differant plugin then the one you are referring to.

The correct thread is here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/16517/

Thanks for the info, I will look into your issue.
mikeh Wrote:
phpsns Wrote:Great Plugin! But I think there is one bug for the pages. That is, if I have created a page with the title and URL that starts with:

Wrong Thread, this thread is for an entirely differant plugin then the one you are referring to.

The correct thread is here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/16517/

Thanks for the info, I will look into your issue.

No, I am not referring to "Front End User Login" plugin (never downloaded this one), it is "Multi User 1.2" plugin.

Oh, sorry about that, totally misunderstood your post.

I should have known your problem would occur. One way the Permissions work by using javascript to match the link being blocked and hide it using css. If javascript was disabled or they tried to directly browse to the blocked page, the script would be killed.

I will find a work around and post the new version.
After some testing, I've managed to fix the issue:

Code:
### 1. Open file

plugins/user-managment.php

### 2. Around line 773 find

$support_footer = "$(\"a\").remove(\":contains('Support')\");";

### 3. Replace with

$support_footer = "$(\"#footer a\").remove(\":contains('Support')\");";

So adding #footer solved the problem, so it will only remove the ones within the footer block. This have to be done to all the other lines that also does the same to remove footer links.

Thanks.