Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Multi User 1.4' Plugin
Great Plugin!
it would be possible to add a permission field to disable the "New Page" link only? (so you can make an user that edits the content but can't create new pages)...
that would be really great Tongue
congratulations!
FYI, after an upgrade to 3.1 a user account could not login. I removed all access blocks on the account and was able to login. I just re-implemented the access blocks and all is well.
jsmcgraw Wrote:FYI, after an upgrade to 3.1 a user account could not login. I removed all access blocks on the account and was able to login. I just re-implemented the access blocks and all is well.

On second thought, might have just been a cookie issue but too late to tell now.
It seems that users can still delete a page from pages, using the X button.

Also do you have any notes on extending this oneself ? Adding stuff to filter, especially old plugin tabs.

Also a custom landing page might be neat feature, one we can specify.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I don't think the 1.4 Plugin is 100% compatible with the new, updated version of GS 3.1. ( additional user bug found )
Just noticed today!

Main Admin user has no problem with logging into Admin section and redirected to correct page for editing access, etc.
Example: nosite.com/with_cms/admin/pages.php ( good )

However, when creating / adding another user, upon Login attempt, strange redirection occurs... appears to be logged in but admin pages not accessible in any way.
Example Result: nosite.com/with_cms/admin/index.php?redirect=/with_cms/admin/pages.php ( bad )

As a result, no pages or editing can be done by additional user / client...
Note: User permissions / access blocking not the issue!

Previous version of Plugin worked perfectly with GS 3.0. ( no bugs )
jtstyle Wrote:I don't think the 1.4 Plugin is 100% compatible with the new, updated version of GS 3.1. ( additional user bug found )
Just noticed today!

Main Admin user has no problem with logging into Admin section and redirected to correct page for editing access, etc.

However, when creating / adding another user, upon Login attempt, strange redirection occurs... appears to be logged in but admin pages not accessible in any way.
Example Result: nosite.com/with_cms/admin/index.php?redirect=/with_cms/admin/pages.php ( bad )

Try clearing your cookie, there seems to be some kind of corruption somewhere.
Thanks Shawn! You're right! A simple cookie issue! Important for everyone to know though...
All Users: (For now) Delete Relevant Domain Cookie!
shawn_a Wrote:
jtstyle Wrote:I don't think the 1.4 Plugin is 100% compatible with the new, updated version of GS 3.1. ( additional user bug found )
Just noticed today!

Try clearing your cookie, there seems to be some kind of corruption somewhere.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this (does not occur with Admin User)... But, when adding a new user with Multi User 1.4, upon 'Block Access' to 'Settings' checkbox, the word 'no' appears in the top left of the browser window... Small screenshot attached. It only occurs when blocking access to 'Settings'. The rest appear to be fine! Have tested them... (perhaps a small code modification, i haven't looked at it yet)
jtstyle Wrote:Not sure if anyone else has noticed this (does not occur with Admin User)... But, when adding a new user with Multi User 1.4, upon 'Block Access' to 'Settings' checkbox, the word 'no' appears in the top left of the browser window... Small screenshot attached. It only occurs when blocking access to 'Settings'. The rest appear to be fine! Have tested them... (perhaps a small code modification, i haven't looked at it yet)

I posted this 2 pages back, its left in debug info, i even put the line number so you can fix it, if you are so inclined.

http://get-simple.info/forum/post/22140/#p22140
Im wondering is there a way to make a super admin, and a normal admin who can add users and edit them but cannot edit the super admin? If its not possibile i could implement it. It would be nice feature btw! Wink Great Plugin!
rigor789 Wrote:Im wondering is there a way to make a super admin, and a normal admin who can add users and edit them but cannot edit the super admin? If its not possibile i could implement it. It would be nice feature btw! Wink Great Plugin!

It is not currently possible and would be a great feature! Please share when you are complete Smile
Hello and thank you for this useful plugin!

Don't know if anybody have already done that, I've added localization functionality to the plugin.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin-lan...ation/409/

Bye!
alez Wrote:Hello and thank you for this useful plugin!

Don't know if anybody have already done that, I've added localization functionality to the plugin.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin-lan...ation/409/

Bye!

Thanks! If you want to fork my github repos. so I can merge the changes, you can do so here.

If you would rather not, I will work on getting your changes implemented within a week or so.
I have not tested your plugin but I do have a (weird) question (as usual ^^).

Do you think it is possible to mix the plugin "multi user" and "item manager" so a user can add an item but with a validation of the administrator?

In general, use "GS" in community directory (link, address ...), in small ads site etc..

I guess my question is very specific, but I wanted to ask because I think that such a management system would be a real plus for "GS".

This question is not innocent because I wished to produce a free community directory of website.

Sorry I fell in love for GS ^^

(sorry I was a little bit helped by google to translate)
didou038 Wrote:I have not tested your plugin but I do have a (weird) question (as usual ^^).

Do you think it is possible to mix the plugin "multi user" and "item manager" so a user can add an item but with a validation of the administrator?

In general, use "GS" in community directory (link, address ...), in small ads site etc..

I guess my question is very specific, but I wanted to ask because I think that such a management system would be a real plus for "GS".

This question is not innocent because I wished to produce a free community directory of website.

Sorry I fell in love for GS ^^

(sorry I was a little bit helped by google to translate)
This would be simple to do on an individual basis by editing the plugin slightly.

I will look into creating some sort of api other plugins would be able to use. I know many wordpress functions have similar abilities, however I am doubtful that it would be utilized by many developers.

Custom permissions is something I have been contemplating for a while and will find a way to incorporate into the next version.
Thank you for your answer!
Version 1.5 Released
  • Removed "no" text being which was displaying if the settings page was blocked.
I will release version 2.0 sometime this week.
  • It has been re-coded once again to allow for custom permissions and better management.
  • You will now be able to block plugins or other scripts by setting up a "Custom Permission".
  • Problem has been fixed where editing user details from the "Settings" page reset permissions
mikeh Wrote:I will release version 2.0 sometime this week.
Did you look at my suggestion to make the plugin translatable?
Hi mikeh,
I have 2 issues, that aren't very important but would be nice to haves.

Plugin users can always login, even when the plugin is disabled or removed.
This is not a surprise looking at how it works, but a little non intuitive considering it is still a plugin.

Also you cannot identify the primary default account, there is no concept of the super user.
I would love to be able to preserve and identify the original admin account.
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, if so please ignore...

Would it be possible to add more information to the users identity, ie First/Last name and be able to display it as a text on a page?
Small bug with update feature:

If you click on the Update this plugin button, you get the question if you really want to update. If you click on Cancel, or the cross in the corner, it will update anyway. Only tested this in Chrome and IE8
Version 1.6 Added To Extend
  • Added localization. Includes en_US and en_IT language files
  • Fixed bug where clicking update updated the plugin regardless of if "cancel" was pressed or not.

I am nearly complete with adding the ability for other plugins to add permissions via a small api. If any has any suggestions or thoughts in regards to this please let me know.
Feature 1
Scan the plugins global for all registered menu hooks and provide options to disable any sidemenu or tab registered via a user permissions control.

Feature 2
Create a global array of known items to hide and their jquery patterns/hook patterns/querystring patterns.
Plugins can add their own to this and users can enabled them as checkboxesor what not.

Global would be an array of ojbects or named arrays.
application,
filtername,
filtertype,
pattern

you can match applications and enable all group by application
you can match by application filter name and group as a client side and server side filters pair.

Feature 3
A user permissions global can be made available and accessed by plugins to check their own security during execution to avoid need for client side hiding hacks.

Further Details

I have been engineering this for a few months now, don't have any code written though.

details on mask array would be something like.

A nested assoc array might be easier to scan by index
but for doc sake.

Code:
application name => theplugin,
filtername => allowadd,
filtertype => jquery,
pattern => '$(#theplugin_add_button)'

application name => theplugin,
filtername => allowadd,
filtertype => query,
pattern => 'action=add'

OR

array['theplugin']['allowadd']['jquery']='$(#theplugin_add_button)';
array['theplugin']['allowadd']['query'] = 'action=add';

You can see how you could loop the groups for application, filtername with this and provide a hierarchical selection.

filterypes would be say
'jquery' or 'client'
'querystring' or 'server'
'bool' ( for built in plugin evaluations in its code, no pattern for this )
'sidemenu'
'tab'

Oh and users can easily edit this and add their own or contribute or share security sets for entire plugins.

You can also control some stuff by removing hooks from the plugins array directly.

And please implement my super user feature I posted about, and maybe a way to disable multi user login when plugin is off or removed. ( I posted details on these in another post while back)
Version 1.7 Added To Extend
  • Added ability to give users names and bios.
  • Allows users to change their own bio and display name from settings page

The main purpose for this update is mostly to provide other plugins (the GS Blog plugin specifically) to access this data and use it to display author bio pages and author names.

TAKE NOTE:
For some reason Get Simple does not use the SimpleXMLExtended class and instead uses SimpleXMLElement to save the user file.
Because of this the CDATA is removed from the bio node in the users xml file if a user save data from the settings page. This might be a problem if certain special characters are used in the editor. We shall see.