Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Multi User 1.4' Plugin
(2012-11-21, 19:35:27)MarkeH Wrote: I guess my main request would be the ability to turn off the "Create New Page"

In the meantime you can try this plugin: No New Pages
(However it's very simple -- when activated, disables creation for all users)
Hello

I think I have a problem that's previously been reported, but as of yet unfixed.

I can login fine with the default account, but when adding a second user, when I try and login, after inputting the username and password, get stuck in an infinite loop.
(2012-09-29, 17:19:31)islander Wrote: If I attempt to change the admin language, I end up with a white screen, and can go no further.
If I remove the plugin, everything functions correctly again.

I has this issues too, I reported it @ the gsblog thread, but it's related to the "multi" too (I had to comment out the calls to the permissions function) but had more issues with it (maybe it's only the gsblog itself) - as some plugins worked suddenly with English and not my chosen language.
hello,
I'd like to give access to a single private page via password:
what I thought is:
1.create a private page (let's call it Y) DONE
2.create a user who can only see pages DONE
3.create an alternative login page with precompiled username http://www.lamichetta.it/admin/iscrizioni.php DONE
4.redirect after logging in to the private page Y NEEDS TO BE DONE

How can I achieve point 4 skipping page ".../admin/pages.php", that would show too many things?

The goal is making it the as simple as possible for dumb users.

thank you
I am having trouble trying to use this plug-in. I have GS 3.1.2 and Multi User 1.8.2. After copying the unzipped plug-in to my plugins directory, I cannot get an admin page. All I get is the message, "Unable to load XML file!". If I delete the plug-in, I get the admin page back (as it was before attempting Multi User installation). What am I doing wrong?

...lee
(2013-01-22, 14:57:45)leestwise Wrote: I am having trouble trying to use this plug-in. I have GS 3.1.2 and Multi User 1.8.2. After copying the unzipped plug-in to my plugins directory, I cannot get an admin page. All I get is the message, "Unable to load XML file!". If I delete the plug-in, I get the admin page back (as it was before attempting Multi User installation). What am I doing wrong?

...lee

did you pay attention to the way it is unzipped?
Mine is working with user-management.php in the PLUGIN folder root and then folder USER-MANAGEMENT as a child of PLUGIN.

Nicola
(2013-01-22, 19:08:29)nicolap Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 14:57:45)leestwise Wrote: I am having trouble trying to use this plug-in. I have GS 3.1.2 and Multi User 1.8.2. After copying the unzipped plug-in to my plugins directory, I cannot get an admin page. All I get is the message, "Unable to load XML file!". If I delete the plug-in, I get the admin page back (as it was before attempting Multi User installation). What am I doing wrong?

...lee

did you pay attention to the way it is unzipped?
Mine is working with user-management.php in the PLUGIN folder root and then folder USER-MANAGEMENT as a child of PLUGIN.

Nicola

Yes. That's how it is set up.

...lee

...lee

I may have figured out what my problem is. I don't think Multi-User 1.8.2 can handle usernames that are more than one word (my admin name is 2 words), which GS 3.1.2 handles quite well by replacing a space with a dash (-) for the XML username file. MU breaks the system by not following suit. Now, I just need to figure out how to change my admin name to one word without screwing up the website!

...lee
OK. Changing my username in the XML file from "first last" to "first_last" and the XML filename from "first-last.xml" to "first_last.xml" worked. The MU plug-in really ought to handle what GS allows, but this'll do until it does.

...lee
Is there a way to restrict which pages a user sees when using the multi-user plugin

Any tips on extending/implementing this.

I'm wondering if I can add an extra field to the page visibility drop down and utilize that
Hello,

I installed a GS v3.2.1 on my desktop computer and I found some issues with Multi-User v1.8.2 plugin and GS Blog v1.5 plugin activated.
Configuration: Windows 7, xampp 1.7.4, php 5.3.5

1. It was not possible to create a new user due to error
Fatal error: Call to a member function addChild() on a non-object in {getsimple folder}\plugins\user-managment.php on line 1282

This error appears only after activation of GS Blog v1.5 plugin. It's fixed by adding a global variable declaration of $perm to public function mmAddUser()

2. There are a lot of notifications about undefined index for each permission which is not checked.

3. Menu Manager (menu-manager.php) persmissions are not managed. It is not possible to deny menu order updates.

I'm attaching updated files with issues 1 and 3 fixed, together with bg_BG translation.

Best regards,
Zhivko

Attached Files
.zip   user-managment.zip (Size: 13.86 KB / Downloads: 20)
GS 3.2.2 (clean install)
MUP 1.8.2

After switching on Multi-user plugin and enabling GSEDITOROPTIONS in gsconfig.php, i.e. putting smth like:

PHP Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS'"fillEmptyBlocks: false"); 

for editing 'Pages' section items CKEditor doesn't start. Here is screenshot with Firefox console diags:

[Image: 29gzn9.jpg]

note double commas - that's the point.

While waiting for update I've hardcoded necessary CKeditor options into edit.php and commented GSEDITOROPTIONS definition.

Issue applicable for GS 3.2.2 only (with GS 3.2.1 MUP works fine)
I have the same "hren" Smile
looks like a bug in 3.2.2
maybe not, could be the plugin, although I fail to see what this plugin would do to editoroptions.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
This plugin loads its own ckeditor on every page, its used for the user bio, so that's wrong.
3.2.2 also adds a comma in front of it before inserting into the js, I will fix this in 3.2.3 asap.
This is fixed in 3.2.3
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4961
works with the included WYSIWYG toolbars
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
but does not work
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', "extraPlugins:'youtube,iframe,video,code'");
define('GSEDITORTOOL', "['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'Flash','youtube','Video','Source'],'/',['Styles','Format','FontSize','RemoveFormat','Blockquote','CreateDiv','Code','Iframe','SpecialChar','Smiley']");
Yeah its a $EDOPTIONS issue not a GSeditortool issue.
Fixed in hotfixes branch.

This plugin does not actually load cke on all pages as I mentioned earlier, it is just using its own logic to set the editor globals, which conflicts with changes made to core because core never sets them up until it uses them.

It also does not check to see if they are set before overwriting them so this plugin will break the new globals in 3.2.2 since it does it site wide. There might be other plugins that do the same.
(2013-05-01, 20:48:34)zhivko Wrote: 1. It was not possible to create a new user due to error
Fatal error: Call to a member function addChild() on a non-object in {getsimple folder}\plugins\user-managment.php on line 1282

This error appears only after activation of GS Blog v1.5 plugin. It's fixed by adding a global variable declaration of $perm to public function mmAddUser()

Thanks Zhivko! I've been having this problem with several of my client websites - worked like a charm!!
(2013-08-22, 23:51:22)bensayers Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 20:48:34)zhivko Wrote: 1. It was not possible to create a new user due to error

Thanks Zhivko! I've been having this problem with several of my client websites - worked like a charm!!

Oops, I spoke too soon...this fix actually caused another issue. The Blog Manager buttons (Posts, Create Post, Categories, etc.) are gone and I receive the following error. Any idea how this can be fixed? Thanks!

[Image: blog-manager-butons.jpg]
Hello

i've found an error

i changed admin panel path for security reasons

after that:

PHP Error Message

Warning: include(../admin/inc/timezone_options.txt) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a7456010/public_html/plugins/user-managment.php on line 643
(2013-08-23, 04:27:43)bensayers Wrote: [Image: blog-manager-butons.jpg]

I guess it happens only for user without any restrictions set - in this case <PERSMISSIONS> is never set to username.xml file. A workaround could be to set some restriction for this user and then do remove restriction.
The xml file will have all
PHP Code:
<PERMISSIONS><PAGES/><FILES/><THEME/><PLUGINS/><BACKUPS/><SETTINGS/><SUPPORT/><EDIT/><MENU/><LANDING/><ADMIN/><blogsettings/><blogeditpost/><blogcreatepost/><blogrssimporter/><blogcategories/><bloghelp/><blogcustomfields/><blogdeletepost/></PERMISSIONS
tags and there will be no error.
It works for me.
(2013-09-14, 04:53:14)zhivko Wrote: A workaround could be to set some restriction for this user and then do remove restriction.

Thanks zhivko, I'll give that a try! =)
Hello @ll,

i would like to use this plugin but i can´t see it inside the plugin manager that i can activate it.

I use v3.2.3 of get-simple cms is this a problem of the base version or of the plugin itself that it dosn´t work with the new get simple version?

Hope anybody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,

Harald