Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Migration
I have a question about migrating to a new server or upgrading (In my case, local -> server):

Does anyone know the exact files that need to be overwritten when migrating?
are you just copying all files, or are you trying to copy just the data files over from one installation to another?

regardless, the root level .htaccess file will probably need to change (Rewrite Base) and also the URL within your settings.

This may or may not be of any help: http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:migrating
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
polyfragmented Wrote:mikeh,

check out the corresponding page on migration in the wiki, it should give you directions.

Thanks, I am aware of that article though.
I Am trying to just overwrite the files that are required to be overwritten, rather then put a new getsimple installation and upload my old theme, data, plugins folder.
i guess i'm not following then. Are you upgrading too? otherwise you can copy over ALL the GS files from localhost to the new server then change the URL in the two places i mentioned above.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
mikeh Wrote:Thanks, I am aware of that article though.
I Am trying to just overwrite the files that are required to be overwritten, rather then put a new getsimple installation and upload my old theme, data, plugins folder.
I killed my reply before I saw yours. Like Chris, I'm not following either.
ccagle8 Wrote:i guess i'm not following then. Are you upgrading too? otherwise you can copy over ALL the GS files from localhost to the new server then change the URL in the two places i mentioned above.

Awesome, I think that answers my question. Sorry for the confusion.