Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGuestbook + News Manager (Roog) Mod
I'm pleased to present the couple plugins "ARGuestbook News Manager 1.2.0 + 2.2.4 (by Roog) Mod 0.2", with this plugin you can have at the same time my guestbook on normal pages of gs and on articles of news manager.

DOWNLOAD THE PLUGIN FROM EXTEND PAGE

Installation Notes:

- Extract the zip archive
- Copy the "ARGuestbook_Files" folder to the getsimple root folder (generally root of your site using get-simple,or htdocs folder,depends on the server)
- Copy the plugins folder content to the Get-Simple plugin folder

If you want use the guestbook on news manager posts:

- Extract the news_manager_mod.zip (it is included in the ARGuestbook zip) to get-simple plugins folder
- switch "ON" the news manager option from settings of ARGuestbook admin tab

To display the guestbook, include the following string in the content of the page/article(post) where you want to activate:

{guestbook}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can see the plugin demo HERE

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.2.0 (Comments Management - Emoticons - Personalizable GUI - Word Filter):

-added news manager 2.2.4 mod 0.2 support
-added Word Filter for comments

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.1.9:

- added news manager 2.1.3 mod 0.2 support
- when the slug of a post is changed also the associated comments file will be updated

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.1.8:

- to put an emoticon in the text just click an image below SMILIES
- fixed emoticons directory in settings.php

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.1.7:

- added news manager 2.0 mod 0.1 support
- fixed the chek of guestbook on pages and on articles(posts)

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.1.6:

- added news manager 1.2.5 mod 0.4 support
- new look
- when all comments of a page are removed also the page will be deleted from admin tab
- when the comments are less than 5 the arrows (prev and next,for comments virtual pages) will not appear.

Changelog ARGuestbook v1.0.9:

- comments are divided into virtual pages, there are 5 comments per page
- the characters '«' and '»' are seen correctly
- when you delete a page the associated comments page will also be deleted
- now,the colors of guestbook and posts can be changed by admin tab from settings page in two method,manual or using the quickly setup with color picker
- html was improved

ADDITIONAL NOTES

How to change the language:

From admin tab of ARGuestbook you just click on settings from side-menù and select the language,than click ok button

How to customize GUI (colors of guestbook):

From admin tab of ARGuestbook,you can change the colors in two method,manual or with the color picker,than click ok button

How to turn on/off news manager mode:

From admin tab of ARGuestbook,you can turn on/off the news manager.
By default the mode is turn ON.

How to add/remove smile (emoticon) from smiles list:

if you want to add a new smile,you put the image_name.gif (for example: happy.gif) in ARGuestbook_Files/emotions/ after you edit smiles.ini and add a smile string writing characters_of_your_smile!image_name.gif (for example: Smile!happy.gif )

if you want remove a smile,you just remove the string of smile on smiles.ini

How to add words in Word Filter

edit "filter.ini" in ARGuestbook_Files and write the words to be censored with asterisks

The logs of guestbook are saved on "ARGuestbook_Files/Articles_comments" or "ARGuestbook_Files/Pages_comments"

In the emotions folder there are 50 emoticons but i added only 20 in smiles.ini,you can add the other emoticons reading the "how to".
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
Alessio_roma

Do you mind if I do some editing to your plugin? What I like to do is edit some of the headings, I think this will work for a Customer Comment Page on a site I am working on. I don't need something fancy just something for customers to leave quick comments.

Bob
rfuller Wrote:Alessio_roma

Do you mind if I do some editing to your plugin? What I like to do is edit some of the headings, I think this will work for a Customer Comment Page on a site I am working on. I don't need something fancy just something for customers to leave quick comments.

Bob
If you want edit my plugin for private usage you can do it Wink
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
What do you think about my plugin?
When I add the guestbook it works fine, but when I add the news manager the guestbook disappears and remains only {guestbook} and even even when I delete the news manager, I can't restore the things.
ragou Wrote:When I add the guestbook it works fine, but when I add the news manager the guestbook disappears and remains only {guestbook} and even even when I delete the news manager, I can't restore the things.
when you add the news manager also you must switch on the option on guestbook settings from admin tab.The demo of my plugin that you can see from open post is a guestbook on a news manager article Wink

[Image: 2l8g02e.png]
I'm afraid that I've been misunderstood.
I did everything (by the way, I have several paid domains, and localhost (of course), so I wouldn't write about something I haven't tried before
http://bitpazar.org/main/GS-3.01/GS303/GetSimple_3.0/ "ragou", "bastun ".
ragou Wrote:I'm afraid that I've been misunderstood.
I did everything (by the way, I have several paid domains, and localhost (of course), so I wouldn't write about something I haven't tried before
http://bitpazar.org/main/GS-3.01/GS303/GetSimple_3.0/ "ragou", "bastun ".

This is your index page: http://bitpazar.org/main/GS-3.01/GS303/GetSimple_3.0/
This is the test article with guestbook: http://bitpazar.org/main/GS-3.01/GS303/G...php?post=1

The guestbook works fine! Wink
version 1.1.9 is out!!!!
version 1.2.0 is now out with news manager 2.2.4 support and Word Filter !!! Smile
Ciau ragazi
I have the front-end user login plugin running to protect pages from public. When I create a page named guestbook with introduction text and {guestbook} and protect it, only the introdution is hidden. The guestbook is still visible without login. How can I sove this?
I tried to put the {guestbook} into a component, but could not find out how to do it.
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for this very helpful plugin!! So far as i know, the only plugin which works properly with blog/news posting. [internal]
Little feedback: Would be easier to change the style if it was stored in CSS instead of php file.
Isn't it possible to put all the code in the plugin folder? Not that important, but easier to maintain everything on one place.
It would be better to disable the pagination when it's not needed (with 1 or 2 comments for instance)
I am still trying to protect the guestbook with front-end user plugin.
Is there a way to include the ARGuestbook either in a component or to include it with php code instead of {guestbook} in a regular page?
@leonartdesign: Thank you for your suggestions,i'll try to fix it

@mig21: If I understand correctly, you're trying to hide the contents of a page that can be displayed only with login,right?
Great plugin, but there is one very annoying bug/feature: leaving message with multiple paragraphs. When sending message, written text is disappeared and nothing is sent.

Anyone having same problem? Any ideas for fixing this?

It happens also in demo: http://alessioromatm.net76.net/?post=1
(2013-01-04, 18:32:21)jouni Wrote: Anyone having same problem?

I confirm this behavior in the demo. A message containing a newline is not added to the list of messages on the guestbook.
As above. Can't have multiple paragraphs - which is annoying.

One other issue I'm having, and hopefully someone here knows a solution:
Apostrophes are being treated as follows:

Quote:#12 Anygood? wrote:

«Let\'s try again»

Posted: 20 Oct 2014 - 12:16

So each apostrophe creates a "\".
Any help much appreciated. Hopefully Alessio_roma is still around.
I've added example to the Demo: http://alessioromatm.net76.net/?post=1

Cheers,
C.