Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support for TinyMCE Plugin
I'm in the process of setting up TinyMCE for a GetSimple site I'm working on and have managed to find where to insert my own custom styles :-)
However, I would very much appreciate help in getting the "Template" plugin to work.

I've activated the"Template" plugin in the TinyMCE admin area and now get the "Template" button shown in the editor interface.

What I couldn't see is where to place my own templates / snippets so that they are added to the "Select a template..." drop-down in the "Templates" pop-up window.

I've compared the "Full Featured Example" of TinyMCE (http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php), which contains demo templates, with the GetSimple plugin and seen that the demo templates in the "Full Featured Example" are contained in a "templates" folder alongside a "lists" folder.
This "lists" folder contains a "template_list.js" file which references demo templates.
I've also seen that line 284 of the "TinyMCEPlugin.php" file contains a reference to such a "template_list.js" file:
Code:
template_external_list_url : "lists/template_list.js",

Therrefore I've assumed that the files I've just mentioned are missing from the GetSimple version of TinyMCE and have copied the "templates" and "lists" folders from the TinyMCE download version - the standard one, not the jQuery version - into the "TinyMCEPlugin" folder of my GetSimple site, alongside the "lang" and "tiny_mce" folders.
I've then set line 284 of the "TinyMCEPlugin.php" file to read:
Code:
template_external_list_url : "TinyMCEPlugin/lists/template_list.js"

Unfortunately this hasn't worked :-(

Because my understanding of coding is limited and thinking that the "TinyMCEPlugin.php" file may not be running in the GetSimple "plugins" folder (I hope this is the right expression), I've tried extending the address for the "template_external_list_url" parameter but to no avail.

My tether has reached its end.
Has anyone any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

By the way, I'm using version 0.2.1 and am setting this up in a perfectly clean GetSimple installation with no other plugins.

Many thanks in advance,

Alan
Web Developer and Translator (German > English)
Hi guys,

I've installed this plugin on my website @ webfaction, and it doesn't work properly. When I open a page, plugin loads and works correctly. But when I try to configure it (url /admin/load.php?id=TinyMCEPlugin), the problems occur:
1) insted of labels "Theme:", "Plugins in editor:", "Compatibility:" I see "{RandomAds/THEME}:", "{RandomAds/PLUGINS}:", "{RandomAds/COMPATIBILITY}:". Note that I've installed plugin "Random Ads" also (which works ok).
2) When I press "Save settings", I'm being redirected to url /admin/load.php?id=RandomAds. Dunno why.
3) Settings are not being saved, no "TinyMCEPlugin.xml" file created.

Before I installed the plugin "Random Ads", I had seen "{InnovationPlugin/THEME}" etc in settings page, and had been redirected to /admin/load.php?id=InnovationPlugin URL. So, I thing the reason is in the TinyMCE plugin.

Also, on my localhost (MAMP) exactly the same installation works correctly.

Please help!
Thanks =)
Hello Andr0s,

I have this problem too but hadn't posted it yet because I've a workaround and because other things were more pressing (see post 26 above).

The problem here is that the TinyMCE admin interface is interacting with other plugins - in your case RandomAds.

You can get around this by simply not using the TinyMCE admin interface and directly editing the relevant TinyMCEPlugin.xml configuration file. However, you first have to get the plugin to either generate its configuration file - i.e. get its admin interface to work properly once (which will probably happen if you temporarily deactivate all your other plugins) or you get the file from elsewhere.
I could send you one later on today (I can't access my development server from where I'm sitting at the moment) but you could also generate your own:
  • Simply do a quick install of a clean GetSimple without any plugins (only takes a few minutes).
  • Then install TinyMCE
  • Run the TinyMCE admin for the plugins (i.e. buttons) that you want
  • Copy the .xml file TinyMCE generates out of the GetSimple "data" folder (or one of its sub-folders, I forget which) into your 'main' GetSimple installation
  • Note that the TinyMCE admin interface does not read this configuration file, so if you inadvertantly run the interface it will overwrite your .xml configuration file. So make a backup :-)
  • Note also that I have only managed to add extra buttons into the fourth row of the editor - I think you will need to hack the TinyMCEditor.php file to get it to allow you to add to the other rows

Finally, if all else fails, did you know that you can activate a wide range of features for the default GetSimple editor? There are instructions about how to do this in this site's wiki.

Good luck,

A.
I Wrote:I could send you one later on today (I can't access my development server from where I'm sitting at the moment)
So here is my TinyMCEPlugin.xml file.
It sits in the "GetSimple\data\other" folder.

If you compare this file with the entries in the "tinyMCE.init" function in the füll.html file of the TinyMCE demo version at the address I gave in my last post, you'll see that some of the TinyMCE plugins such as "iespell" are mentioned in both the "plugins :" list and in one of the "theme_advanced_buttons* :" list. Others are only mentioned once. I've not worked out the sigfnificance of this - I guess it's a case of trial and error until you get the button to display. Getting it to work is another thing (see my post #26) ;-) .

I think it's worthwhile persevering with TinyMCE as it does have advantages over the default CKEditor. For me the most important is that I can set it up (eventually - see my post #26 ;-) ), so my customer can insert templates such as, for example, floated text insets or twin column layouts without having to resort to HTML. I'd like to be corrected but as far as I can see that's not possible with the CKEditor.

Best wishes,

A.
Alan-A Wrote:I think it's worthwhile persevering with TinyMCE as it does have advantages over the default CKEditor. For me the most important is that I can set it up (eventually - see my post #26 ;-) ), so my customer can insert templates such as, for example, floated text insets or twin column layouts without having to resort to HTML. I'd like to be corrected but as far as I can see that's not possible with the CKEditor.

I don't know what you exactly mean with twin column layouts, but I have set up CKEditor to show a style drop down, where the user can choose e.g. paragraph styles like "right", "left", which set float accordingly. Additionally CKEditor is setup to show the content exactly like on the site (using site css for CKEditor, too).
E.g. the user can put an image into a paragraph, select "right" and will immediately see it float to the right.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Alan-A Wrote:so my customer can insert templates such as, for example, floated text insets or twin column layouts without having to resort to HTML. I'd like to be corrected but as far as I can see that's not possible with the CKEditor.

Sure you can define templates in CKEDITOR, there will be a small icon in the editor tool bar and when you click on that, a list of defined templates is available:

[Image: ckeditortemplate.jpg]

I did it and I am just too tired to write down how to do it now ;=)
What you are seeing are the templates for the site get-simple.de

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
mvlcek Wrote:I don't know what you exactly mean with twin column layouts,
I'm using my own predefined styles as well but what I mean here is that I want a user to be able to insert two divs with predefined classes. The CSS will then set them to something like:
Code:
width:50%; display:inline-block;
I know that I could do this with p-tags and styles in TinyMCE but I don't like using p-tags for block layout. And if you try to add divs in TinyMCE without using its template plugin, then in does nasty things to your code.

If I understand your post #11 on this thread correctly, there are advantages in using the CKEditor if I want a multi-lingual site because your i18n plugins all use it.

Connie Wrote:Sure you can define templates in CKEDITOR

This is my first contact with CKEditor and I missed that when I read up on it in this site's WIki.
I'll have one more attempt as sorting out my problem with TinyMCE (or someone might answer my post #26 ;-) ) and if I can't get it to work then I'll try the CKEditor.
Many thanks for the tip and the screen-shot.

Best wishes,

Alan
Alan,

not everything what is possible with CKEditor is documentated in the wiki, as I just added those informations which might be useful for the most of the users

other options came later, and I didn't describe them
the reason? CKEditor is an independant product with a lot of options, the documentation can be found here:

http://docs.cksource.com/

and the original CKEditor comes with a lot of examples, which also help

that's how I find my informations. As said, many options are for really non-mainstream-uses so it does not seem to me useful to add it to the wiki (also limited time Wink

Cheers, Connie

PS: If you need the template function, I will search how I did it and describe it for you
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hallo Connie,

and many thanks for the link, the info about the editor and your offer regarding the template function.

I may take you up on that but as I said, I'll see if I can sort out TinyMCE first (so near and yet so far).
Then (OMG) I might take a look at the CKEditor documentation ;-)

Best wishes,

Alan
Alan-A Wrote:...
Then (OMG) I might take a look at the CKEditor documentation ;-) ..

I can assure you, CKEditor does not bite you! And the most important point:

as it is integrated in GS, it will not interfere with any program-function, either in the core or in plugins

Cheers, Connie (devoted CKEditor-Option-Scout) ;=)
|--

Connie Wrote:(devoted CKEditor-Option-Scout)
:-)

So can I assume that the problems with the output code for CKEditor have been resolved?
(I've not done any tests myself.)
Alan-A Wrote:
Connie Wrote:(devoted CKEditor-Option-Scout)
:-)

So can I assume that the problems with the output code for CKEditor have been resolved?
(I've not done any tests myself.)

which problems do you point at?
I always have a lot of problems! ;=)
|--

I guess I should apologize to idefix4u for going a bit off the topic of this thread.
Connie Wrote:which problems do you point at?
The ones mentioned in the "CKEditor vs TinyMCE" thread, which at the moment is linked at the foot of this page. They don't sound like major problems but they influenced me to start looking at TinyMCE before I even thought of looking in the GetSimple Wiki.
Best wishes,
Alan
After months, I still can't be bothered to continue working on and thus supporting this plugin for several reasons.

If someone wants to continue with this plugin, go ahead.
If you have problems with this plugin, uninstall it.
If it must be deleted from the repository, go ahead.

I think it ends here, so goodluck to you all and thanks for those who concerned.
idefix4u Wrote:I think it ends here, so goodluck to you all and thanks for those who concerned.
Thanks for letting us know and good luck!
A.
I have downloaded the 2.1 version from here but when enabled, it still instructs me to update to 2.1. Also, is this plugin still being updated?

Thank you,

Daniel
(2013-02-16, 17:35:07)dstasinski Wrote: I have downloaded the 2.1 version from here but when enabled, it still instructs me to update to 2.1. Also, is this plugin still being updated?

I experienced the same problem, also it is not working due to a htaccess issue Undecided

Looks like this plugin is dead. Last active threads from 2011 here.
Sad
Baerbel
(2013-03-13, 09:55:49)baerbel Wrote: I experienced the same problem, also it is not working due to a htaccess issue Undecided
Looks like this plugin is dead. Last active threads from 2011 here.
Sad
Baerbel

I ended up hacking it to suit my own needs and it now works just fine.

Daniel
I suggest to stick with CKEditor as there are plugins who rely on the existence of this editor.

And you have the chance to get continous support for CKEDitor in GS and find extensive information in the GS WIKI as well
|--

how to insert an image from the server? Previously it was "browse" (red box) opens the green frame.

Sorry for my English.

It's great that there are headlines - that I was looking for!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the replies..

Edit gsconfig.php :

['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
'/',
['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
I mostly switched to TinyMCE because I needed the spell checking and compression plugins.
Ckeditor has scayt spell check. What is compression?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hi,
could you uploud 0.2.1 again?
Both downable versions say they are to old an need an update.
hi
have installed this plug in
everything works fine but can't choose styles

someone any idea ?