Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subfolders in Square IT - Simple Image Gallery
Hi, just discovered getsimple cms some days ago. Its mostly brilliat and not so heavy overweight like most other cms for simple pages needs! I loved it from the first second Smile

One or two little problems:
- I can not select any images from subfolders for image galleries. Is this a bug, or do I have to adjust settings somewhere?

Not so importand for now - but would be nice:
- Is there a function to recalculate image sizes? Would be great, my friend who wants to use gs for her private site is fairly no computerthings freak. So its not an option to explain her how to resize images before uploading them... So she takes the original camera images (8MP...) and uploads them. Would be nice if there ist not only the thumbnail generated. Further the gallery should generate a big picture with settings specified size. perhaps 1024px or so. I mean you could store 1. original image (for later use and size changes and new thumb generation) 2. resized display image big 3. thumbnail. So loading times can throttle Smile
Is an update planned?

Thanks for your patience, for devloping getsimple and for your answers Smile
retrofan Wrote:Hi, just discovered getsimple cms some days ago. Its mostly brilliat and not so heavy overweight like most other cms for simple pages needs! I loved it from the first second Smile

Welcome here!
retrofan Wrote:One or two little problems:
- I can not select any images from subfolders for image galleries. Is this a bug, or do I have to adjust settings somewhere?
No, the images are taken from the uploads directory, I also did not see the chance to use other folders or subdirectories

I can't give you answers for the other questions, maybe Julian will tell

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hello Connie

I see one reason to get files in subfolders.
If I have too much photos (etc some categories ...) I could upload in subfolders (e.t.c. general, my life, solutions).
In this case in GS Square IT could search in UPLOADS/general ... and then select ALL images and make one gallery for them

thanks ... and think about
retrofan Wrote:One or two little problems:

Not so importand for now - but would be nice:
- Is there a function to recalculate image sizes? Would be great, my friend who wants to use gs for her private site is fairly no computerthings freak. So its not an option to explain her how to resize images before uploading them... So she takes the original camera images (8MP...) and uploads them. Would be nice if there ist not only the thumbnail generated. Further the gallery should generate a big picture with settings specified size. perhaps 1024px or so. I mean you could store 1. original image (for later use and size changes and new thumb generation) 2. resized display image big 3. thumbnail. So loading times can throttle Smile

Soon to come: I18N Gallery, a new plugin with image selection from sub folders, reordering images, automatic resizing of images, multi-language support and more.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:Soon to come: I18N Gallery, a new plugin with image selection from sub folders, reordering images, automatic resizing of images, multi-language support and more.

Oh wow!! Sounds and looks fantastic! Can't wait Smile
Thank you very very much.