Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Photo Gallery
Is there a way to place a little white space between the images on the gallery display page ?

mine are all butted up together
I am sure you can do this with CSS
identify the class for the images in the output and define margins

an URL would be helpful, so I cannot add some examples for CSS
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I'm getting something weird, and not sure how to fix. Has anyone else run into this?

I've uploaded photos to my specified uploads folder both by alphabetical order, as well as by time-stamp (the photo I want in spot #1 is photo-01, #2, photo-02... and photo-01 was uploaded before photo-02, and so on...) but they're showing up randomly in the print-out.

I've looked in the code to see what the problem could be, but for this site I've only unzipped and uploaded the plugin - no customization. I've got it running on other sites (on the same server) and it works fine. Tried a full delete and re-upload as well.

Does anyone know where the gallery is getting its order from and what might be the issue?
Is there any hope of adding image captions and album descriptions to this plugin?
@andyash - no, unless you'd like to fork it because right now it just reads the files in a directory... it doesnt/can't associate any data with each image
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Is there a fix for the thumbnail errors? My thumbnail links are generated however the image doesn't appear. If you click the thumb links, the full image appears as expected.
CC: is there a way to load different directories depending on page language ?
I'm using mvlcek i18n plugin along with a bit modified url function (to have a possibility to change site lang independently of user's browser lang) with disabled furls.
Main purpose is to have directories and image names in different languages (it doesn't matter if there will be eve 5 copies of same photo).

Link structure looks like this: index.php?id=gallery&lang=en (only lang= changes).
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
not that I know off... but feel free to hack the code. I developed this plugin for a client's specific needs and I don't really plan on supporting it in the future (another dev can take it from where it's at to expand on it...)

I have a hard enough time keeping up with supporting GS itself Wink
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:@andyash - no, unless you'd like to fork it because right now it just reads the files in a directory... it doesnt/can't associate any data with each image

The plugin is simple and works well actually further only has a problem.

If I upload photos than I would, of course, always have the latest pictures at the top. The plugin now looks purely to the name and sort alphabetically!

This can be changed or there is a matching "code" which itself is possible? Then it would still make the plugin a lot better.
Sorry, i mean that the last album what you upload has to be the furst one in the row

Date Uploads Show album
30-11-2011 Upload 1 Album 3 Third in row
01-12-2011 Upload 2 Album 2 Second in row
03-12-2011 Upload 3 Album 1 First in row
Nobody?
Hello guys

Is there a way to sort the albums by the ABC/0-10?

Thanks for your answer, greetings swissdmr
swissdmr Wrote:Hello guys

This plugin is not further developed is as indicated.

I myself have already tried various things to get a different order but unfortunately. Also on my question is not a response.

That is why I believe that this plugin has its last update. A shame because he further works fine!
Suikerklontje Wrote:

I myself have already tried various things to get a different order but unfortunately. Also on my question is not a response.

That is why I believe that this plugin has its last update. A shame because he further works fine!

Hy Suikerklontje

Thanks for your fast response.
That's true, sad.
I like this plugin, cause it's perfect to manage by normal users.

But anyway, thanks for your answer.

Swissdmr
swissdmr Wrote:
Suikerklontje Wrote:

Hy Suikerklontje

Thanks for your fast response.
That's true, sad.
I like this plugin, cause it's perfect to manage by normal users.

But anyway, thanks for your answer.

Swissdmr

I find that so also, someone who has a website and want to do to have a little trouble to make this plugin perfect photo album.

I think it lacks a broader config for the website builder just a little more opportunities in terms of css and sorting
m1super90 Wrote:Is there a fix for the thumbnail errors? My thumbnail links are generated however the image doesn't appear. If you click the thumb links, the full image appears as expected.
I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded to beta 3.1 and now my photo gallery is acting a bit weird. As described by m1super90, the gallery itself loads fine, but the FancyBox is not working. When I click an image it simple goes to the source image itself rather than popping it up in the functional FancyBox. Any ideas?
fancybox got upgraded in 3.1 - so I will need to update the plugin to reflect this. I will do that as soon as 3.1 gets released (or shortly before)
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:fancybox got upgraded in 3.1 - so I will need to update the plugin to reflect this. I will do that as soon as 3.1 gets released (or shortly before)
Any idea when 3.1 will be "officially" released?
we are aiming to start the Release Candidates right after Christmas, then after about 2 weeks of testing, release the final version.
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:we are aiming to start the Release Candidates right after Christmas, then after about 2 weeks of testing, release the final version.
That's great new! Thanks for the help.
Hi dude,

I have a question:
Is there a way, to define the albums in the sidebar?

e.g.

Album #1
Album #2
no idea? :/
SlazZe Wrote:Hi dude,

I have a question:
Is there a way, to define the albums in the sidebar?

e.g.

Album #1
Album #2

You first have to put the code in the post or template, so it gets loaded. Then you can put links in the sidebar like for example:

http://wouterb.be/gs/?album=mundial2011 (these are the subalbums of your image gallery root). It doesn't make much sence since you would also see those galleries in your post (or you have a way of hiding those).
Hello @Chris

I have a problem with your "the photo gallery". Look at the following page for an example:

http://wouterb.be/gs/

If you click on the gallery, it will open up and I see title (Test), under it breadcrumbs (Photo gallery >> Test) and under that 3 thumbnails (url is know: http://wouterb.be/gs/?album=test ). If I click in the breadcrumbs on "Photo gallery" , I get an error page:

Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /gs-b/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The url is know: http://wouterb.be/gs/gs

Weird. The site's url was http://wouterb.be/gs-b before but I changed that some time ago, no problem since, until now.
I am waiting for the new version which will work with GetSimple 3.1

in the meantime, I made a german language file for this gallery, if you use the gallery, you can place this file in the plugins/thephotogallery/lang-folder

When the plugin will be upgraded, I will check whether the language-file must be upgraded as well

Chris, please take care, when you upgrade the plugin, with timthumb. This addon is known for opening backdoors for spammers
be careful to integrate the newest, safe version or use another thumbnail-script, please

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18