}
    }    
    closedir($handle);
  }
  asort($files);
  asort($folders);

$code = '<div id="the_photo_gallery">';
  $code .= '<h3>'.name_convert($folder).'</h3>';

Not a really clean solution, but the code quality of the plugin is awful anyway...
ccagle8 Wrote:fancybox got upgraded in 3.1 - so I will need to update the plugin to reflect this. I will do that as soon as 3.1 gets released (or shortly before)

Hey all, I just started using GetSimple and I'm totally loving it.

I am trying to use this plugin now, and it seems to work great, only still the fancybox part is not working. Chris, do you think you will update the plugin to match the latest stable release 3.1?

Many thanks for all your great work.

Rosaline
Help! I installed the gallery plugin, and it works great, but when I tried to install the fancybox plugin I can't get that one to show up on my plugin management screen -- there's no php, just a folder with a js -- and I can't get the fancybox part of the gallery to work. When I click on a thumbnail it just opens in the same window, no navigation.
mpdeneen Wrote:Help! I installed the gallery plugin, and it works great, but when I tried to install the fancybox plugin I can't get that one to show up on my plugin management screen -- there's no php, just a folder with a js -- and I can't get the fancybox part of the gallery to work. When I click on a thumbnail it just opens in the same window, no navigation.

Don't need to install the fancybox plugin. It appears to exist already in the GetSimpleCMS files (or it does for me...).

I found the files in: admin/template/js/fancybox

I checked the file for this plugin and there are a couple of typos that prevent it from using the fancybox.

http://internetimagery.com/downloads/the...allery.zip <-- here is a modified file.
Replace your current one with this, or alternatively this is what I changed on lines 317 and 318:

Quote:<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.pack.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.css" media="screen" />

Remove the bold "-1.3" from the filenames. Save the file and you're done!
And while I'm messing with someone elses file (it's ok right? Tongue ), here is a slightly altered version of the US language file. It just makes the settings instructions a little more verbose.

http://internetimagery.com/downloads/en_US.zip
Hi!
Is it possible in your opinion to get a thumbnail for "empty folders" (I mean folders that contain only folders and no images) from the first picture inside the first folder inside them? Or to directly put a thumbnail inside them without it to be displayed once browsing inside the folder?

Thank you very much. This plugin is easy to use and very good to the sight! Smile
hey ,

sorry for bothering. I'm using your gallery for get-simple [3.1.2]. Situation looks just like that:

on my localhost everything works perfectly - GS + gallery. after moving it into server..almost :O almost because thumbs are not showing. Link seems to work, but there are no thumbs.. any ideas why? thank you for help!

Have a great day!
Maybe this is self-evident but how do I delete a folder when using The Photo Gallery?

Also, why is it that some folders show up as albums but others don't?

Thanks for the help.

-don
Hi Chris, I've made the it_IT file, but it doesn't work...
Anyway, here is the file.

Cheers.

Attached Files
.php   it_IT.php (Size: 1,006 bytes / Downloads: 3)
(2012-05-02, 16:52:13)guemi Wrote: Hi guys,

If someone still has issues with the alphanumeric sorting in this plugin,
add this lines:

Code:
asort($files);
asort($folders);

on lines 190 /191 in thephotogallery.php

Is it possible to sort by date uploaded?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2013-02-08, 00:26:53)islander Wrote: Is it possible to sort by date uploaded?

Nobody has any ideas on sorting by date?
I'm struggling here. Huh

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Wink 
Hi, I did some changes to the plug-in so it would work with my server and GetSimple V3.2

Attached Files
.zip   thephotogallery-garibaldi.zip (Size: 16.37 KB / Downloads: 23)
Hi guys, would like to know is there a shortcode to display only one of the galleries? Smile Like just one folder?
If you are having problems with Fancy box and using version 3.2.

Open the plugin file and update the following code.

PHP Code:
/*
 * Generate The Photo Gallery Header CSS/JS
 */
function the_photo_gallery_header() {
    global 
$GSADMIN$SITEURL$thumbnailsize;

$header '

<!-- The Photo Gallery [start] -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="'
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/jquery.min.js"></script> 
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js"></script> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.css" media="screen" /> 

The following two file names need to be insterted instead of what is there.

PHP Code:
jquery.fancybox.pack.js
jquery
.fancybox.css 

P.S. The author made this great plug-in, but unfortunately does not seem to want to come back an update the file. Undecided
Where exactly do I insert those two lines?

Don

(2013-03-30, 00:48:27)cyberianTiger Wrote: If you are having problems with Fancy box and using version 3.2.

Open the plugin file and update the following code.

PHP Code:
/*
 * Generate The Photo Gallery Header CSS/JS
 */
function the_photo_gallery_header() {
    global 
$GSADMIN$SITEURL$thumbnailsize;

$header '

<!-- The Photo Gallery [start] -->
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/jquery.min.js"></script> 
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js"></script> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'
.$SITEURL $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.css" media="screen" /> 

The following two file names need to be insterted instead of what is there.

PHP Code:
jquery.fancybox.pack.js
jquery
.fancybox.css 

P.S. The author made this great plug-in, but unfortunately does not seem to want to come back an update the file. Undecided
easier to add to a folder admin/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js and CSS admin/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css Smile
looks like this plugin doesn't work when GSCANONICAL is set to 1 :/
Can someone post a copy of this plugin with all these corrections made to it?

Don
(2013-05-08, 21:20:06)lakechicago Wrote: Can someone post a copy of this plugin with all these corrections made to it?

Don

I made the changes to the .php file. fancybox now works with my photo gallery, here is the link so you can see it in action. Hope this helps Don.

http://craziwolfmedia.com.au/photography/

Attached Files
.php   thephotogallery.php (Size: 13.43 KB / Downloads: 33)
(2013-08-13, 00:07:20)Craziwolf Wrote:
(2013-05-08, 21:20:06)lakechicago Wrote: Can someone post a copy of this plugin with all these corrections made to it?

Don

I made the changes to the .php file. fancybox now works with my photo gallery, here is the link so you can see it in action. Hope this helps Don.

http://craziwolfmedia.com.au/photography/
Thanks. Am I right that it still does not work with fancy URLs in this version?
hello im using xamp and latest gs

under setting > image gallery i got this

Notice: Undefined variable: success in E:\xampp\htdocs\usgm.pl\plugins\thephotogallery.php on line 119

Notice: Undefined variable: error in E:\xampp\htdocs\usgm.pl\plugins\thephotogallery.php on line 122
also on frontend:

Notice: Undefined index: album in E:\xampp\htdocs\usgm.pl\plugins\thephotogallery.php on line 168 ...

also it utilizes files from admin panel of getsimply what is at least not waise because filenames has changed during last release of GS

<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" media="screen" />

jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js is now jquery.fancybox.pack.js

also there is another downside of that - this plugin tells what is admin panel path, and that is unacceptible for be, because i changed it for security reasons.
Some Feedback for hopefully a future version Smile

Firstly thanks for this plugin, works great, however like anything there is room for improvement and hopefully my feedback here will help with that, not in any particular order;

1. It would be far more user friendly if the Plugin had its own menu item in the Admin, similar to how the I18N gallery does.
2. The admin page should allow you to create new albums, add or remove photos in each album and set all settings per album all within that Gallery menu item in the Admin interface, therefore not needing to go to the Files menu item to add and remove photos.
3. Native support for slimbox or fancybox built into the plug-in which is optional to use
4. The admin page for the gallery should show thumbnails of the photos in each album, or at least have a hover over the name to view the photo.
5. SEO friendly urls for viewing albums and photos is really ESSENTIAL and need to be included as part of the plugin.

I am sure there are others but these are the main five items I can come up with.

I have read little new development is being done on this plugin, I hope this is not the case, can the author please reply.

Cheers
Damn, I just read through the thread in full and it appears that this plugin is abandoned, or at least not actively being worked on. Is anyone out there able to take this project on, maybe a fork? It is a good start to a very good and 'simple' plug-in. While other gallery plug-ins exist like the I18n gallery, that is just too cumbersome, complicated and difficult to install and get working to match your site and site template. The great thing about this plug-in is that it is simple.

Please someone take this on as a continued project, I would be happy to help where I can but I am not a php or js coder. I know enough to get me going and I am happy to edit and update php, but really do not have enough knowledge myself to take this on as a lead developer for the plugin.

Cheers
How I got the fancybox to work and not use the admin folder for the js.

1. create a new js folder in your web sites main folder (the same one the admin, theme, plugins etc folders are in).
2. from the admin/template/js folder copy jquery.getsimple.js, jquery.min.js and jquery-ui.min.js to your new js folder
3. copy the fancybox folder with all folders and files in it from the admin/template/js folder to your new js folder
4. open thephotogallery.php file (assuming you have already installed The Photo Gallery plugin)

Locate lines 314 to 316 that contain

PHP Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/jquery.min.js"></script> 
    <script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$SITEURL . $GSADMIN.'/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" media="screen" /> 

and replace that with

PHP Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL.'js/jquery.min.js"></script> 
    <script type="text/javascript" src="'.$SITEURL.'js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js"></script> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$SITEURL.'js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.css" media="screen" /> 

save that file

Upload the new js folder and all files within it to your web server and also the modified thephotogallery.php file and you should now see the fancybox working in your photo albums.

Hope that helps some of you.

Cheers