Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple pages in one
Hello,
I am thinking about using GS to power my web agency and I am finding it fun and fairly simple.
Though I have stumbled across an issue right now.
I need to enclose multiple pages in one, clicking the menu will scroll down to the anchor point, but I need the pages to edit separately in the admin
How can I accomplish that?

Thanks
- gg
grumpygamer Wrote:I need to enclose multiple pages in one, clicking the menu will scroll down to the anchor point, but I need the pages to edit separately in the admin

Thanks
- gg

Test out that template: http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/gets...studio/84/

it's offering exactly what you want
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
grumpygamer Wrote:Hello,
I am thinking about using GS to power my web agency and I am finding it fun and fairly simple.
Though I have stumbled across an issue right now.
I need to enclose multiple pages in one, clicking the menu will scroll down to the anchor point, but I need the pages to edit separately in the admin

Thanks
- gg

One solution:
  • Install the I18N Plugin
  • Install the I18N Custom Fields plugin
  • Install the DynPages plugin
  • Goto administration Theme/Edit Theme and ensure that you use get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug()) to display the menu.
  • Goto administration Plugins/Configure Custom Fields and add a field with name link, label Link and type link and save
  • Goto administration Theme/Edit Components and add a component page with the following code:
Code:
<?php
global $args;
get_i18n_content($args[0]);
  • Create your separate pages with Slug/URL e.g. page1, page2, page3
  • Create a combining page with Slug/URL page1-3 with the following HTML source code and add it to the menu:
Code:
<a name="page1"></a>
{% page page1 %}
<a name="page2"></a>
{% page page2 %}
<a name="page3"></a>
{% page page3 %}
  • Add page2 and page3 (but not page1) to the menu and set their custom field link to /page1-3#page2 and /page1-3#page3 (fancy urls assumed, otherwise it's /index.php?id=page1-3#page2 etc.)

I didn't try it, but this should work. The current menu item will always be that for the page page1-3.

Background:
  • I18N Custom Fields allows you to define custom fields for your page
  • I18N uses the field link instead of the path to your page, if set
  • DynPages allows you to call components with php code from within your page
  • The created component displays the content of the page passed as parameter
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks to both of you both of the solutions work a charm, I went with the second one because my layout was a bit different hence a lot more work to be done customizing that template.
Thanks!
That's a wonderful solution and I am happy I have found this. Just one thing is missing to me:

I have pages in to levels, like this:
- earings
- blue
- red
- rings
- small
- large
I'd like to see all first-level-pages seperatley but on each first-level-page all its sub-pages should be displayed. For example rings would be a page and on it both small and large rings would be shown. This should happen automatically without the user needing to add code for each sub-page.

Could this work? Thank you!