Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I18N InnovationGrid Theme
(2022-04-19, 21:18:31)Alan-A Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 21:07:37)alex_d Wrote: well i went with 3.4.0a as i had it installed and i did like it, deff a good improvement toward the previous version.

The theme is listed as 3.3. >> I didn't pay the attention to this.

I'll try it on 3.3.16 too.

I.m.o. it needs some attention (Usability wise) with the manual from the section about replacing *.xml files and copy/pasta demo files.
Its a bit confusing, and also *.zip package could be sorted too so its clear from the start what is the theme and what are files to replace.
Or it could be me as I was quite some time away from GS stuff ...

Cheers

You're right about the usability but I went with updating .xml files as I thought that this would be less error-prone than asking someone to add half a dozen components (all components are stored in a single components.xml file).
Ok, I could make an installer but the paths in the .zip download are correct so you should be able to install everything from that in one operation.

(2022-04-19, 21:23:02)Alan-A Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 21:15:26)alex_d Wrote: and to add,
im looking ahead to your update of the back-end code, thats the part that interest me.
As I wrote yesterday, I did something similar few years back but your back-end is 'more elegant' so I could learn something from it.
Cheers

With 'back-end code' do you mean that I have put all the 'working bits' in components instead of writing a plugin?

lets say is neat and directly understandable even for me that was some time away from GS and php
(2022-04-19, 21:55:20)alex_d Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 21:23:02)Alan-A Wrote: With 'back-end code' do you mean that I have put all the 'working bits' in components instead of writing a plugin?

lets say is neat and directly understandable even for me that was some time away from GS and php

Thanks for that, Alex.
There's one glaring bug in my CSS that you might want to avoid. If you look at the long demo page, then the sidebar blocks are spread out vertically, which looks daft. This is fixed in the dev version which you can try out from GitHub. The sidebar and slider menus now also take account of the current/active page.
Let me know how you get on.
Web Developer and Translator (German > English)
i see it in my install, that class 'meny-tree' grows with grid from 'menu-container'.

Solution?;
leave semantic html elements (nav, aside, article, section ..) without style.
Place a container inside and style it from there
and 1 more Q;
- _config folder with (ckeditor_config.js) inside, where it should be copied ?
(2022-04-19, 22:50:06)alex_d Wrote: i see it in my install, that class 'meny-tree' grows with grid from 'menu-container'.

Solution?;

I didn't realise this was a problem. I've done a quick search and came up with this thread on StackOverflow: Or have I misunderstood your question?
(2022-04-19, 23:05:01)alex_d Wrote: and 1 more Q;
I'd delete it - It's nothing to do with the theme. I've not cleaned up the dev version properly ....
(2022-04-19, 21:07:37)alex_d Wrote: well i went with 3.4.0a as i had it installed and i did like it, deff a good improvement toward the previous version.

I.m.o. it needs some attention (Usability wise) with the manual from the section about replacing *.xml files and copy/pasta demo files.
Its a bit confusing, and also *.zip package could be sorted too so its clear from the start what is the theme and what are files to replace.

Cheers

You're right about the usability but I went with updating .xml files as I thought that this would be less error-prone than asking someone to add half a dozen components (all components are stored in a single components.xml file).
Ok, I could make an installer but the paths in the .zip download are correct so you should be able to install everything from that in one operation.

(2022-04-19, 23:06:43)Alan-A Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 22:50:06)alex_d Wrote: i see it in my install, that class 'meny-tree' grows with grid from 'menu-container'.

Solution?;

I didn't realise this was a problem. I've done a quick search and came up with this thread on StackOverflow: Or have I misunderstood your question?

I had just a quick look in Inspect of your css 'bug' and thats why i wrote 'not to style..'. 
Well to be more clear, yes you can style it, sure - no rules about that. 

Anyway, from my experience i would use;
<nav>
   <div class="container+*">
      content here ...

Cheers

(2022-04-19, 23:16:10)Alan-A Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 23:05:01)alex_d Wrote: and 1 more Q;
I'd delete it - It's nothing to do with the theme. I've not cleaned up the dev version properly ....

ok, thats clear, 
thanx
Alan, i have 1 more Q:
- in the Custom Fields i dont see any already made Field (and you have made some),
I cant remember is this default from this plugin or not ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2022-04-20, 03:44:11)alex_d Wrote: Alan, i have 1 more Q:
- in the Custom Fields i dont see any already made Field (and you have made some),
I cant remember is this default from this plugin or not ?

Alex,
check that you have a customfields.xml file in your /data/other folder, alongside the components.xml file.
I'm attaching one here iif you've not got it.
As use of the custom fields plugin is hard coded in the header.inc.php template (line 31), you need to have a field with the Name ''logo_text" otherwise there will be a php error and the site will break.
If you don't want to use this solution and go back to using the site name in the header then you need to replace line 31 in the header.inc.php template file with:
Code:
<a href="<?php get_site_url(); ?>" id="logo" ><?php get_site_name(); ?></a>

I'll be adding this to the template, commented out, to make removing this feature a bit easier.
Alan

Attached Files
.zip   customfields.zip (Size: 331 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Thanx Alan,
file was not included in the package and I found it strange to see logo-text field in front-end but not in back-end custom fields plugin already made. So out of curiosity and trying to understand the setup came my question.

Also thanx for your description of handling .. im aware of custom fields plugin as I was using it before, its a great addon to the cms.
I only never got it right in the setup to use a specific field in a specific page (i think..).

Cheers
Alan

I wondered if you had had a chance to update the dev build as I'm happy to test it.. ;}

best wishes

David
(2022-05-04, 05:08:39)david.matthewson Wrote: Alan
I wondered if you had had a chance to update the dev build as I'm happy to test it.. ;}
best wishes
David
Hello David,
I'm afraid I couldn't resist starting to work on your request for the menus and then came paid work and at the moment I've not got anything finished ... but I should have what is currently the dev version finished next week ...
Best wishes
Alan
(2022-05-06, 05:58:08)Alan-A Wrote:
(2022-05-04, 05:08:39)david.matthewson Wrote: Alan
best wishes
David
Hello David,
I'm afraid I couldn't resist starting to work on your request for the menus and then came paid work and at the moment I've not got anything finished ... but I should have what is currently the dev version finished next week ...
Best wishes
Alan

Alan

Paying the rent/mortgage/Lidl bill *must* come first!!

Thanks

David