Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
fLe Wrote:I´ve also changed permission of imagebrowser.php file - still nothing

http://cl.ly/1N331S0v3P3T2Q1o2e3H
http://cl.ly/0Q3h2G3h1z1L36372d0f

I don't see the .htaccess file in your screenshot - make sure to upload all files - there is a .htaccess file in each directory.
The .htaccess files in the directories browser, css, images/* and js must have a Allow from all line.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi mvlcek,

I've just added .htaccess files to directories you wrote
for browser, css and js :
<Files>
Allow from all
</Files>

and for images :
<Files \*>
Allow from all
</Files>

it gives me this error : http://cl.ly/0f253a1G3m433P24170A

I don't know much about how to construct .htaccess file maby I did it wrong .. can you copy and paste how it would be written exactly ..

thank you
fLe Wrote:Hi mvlcek,

I've just added .htaccess files to directories you wrote
for browser, css and js :
<Files>
Allow from all
</Files>

and for images :
<Files \*>
Allow from all
</Files>

it gives me this error : http://cl.ly/0f253a1G3m433P24170A

The files are included in the I18N Gallery download.
I don't know much about how to construct .htaccess file maby I did it wrong .. can you copy and paste how it would be written exactly ..

thank you
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
yep ... thanx ...

the problem was that my MAC doesn't show hidden files by default so i did't copy all .htaccess files ..
I 've established in terminal (mac app) by writing:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

and than I could see unziped folders completed ... copied everything again and

IT WORKS ...
.. thanx again .. good support ..
Hi mvlcek,

Maybe my configuration is wrong but suddenly 'Add image' on the 'Create New Gallery' page is throwing a 4O4?
I'm using all of your latest plugin updates Wink

~edit~ noticed also jquery in header is not inserted, somethings is wrong with my config ;(

And in some browsers (I'm using Firefox) the Gallery tab styling goes wrong:
[Image: i18n-gallery-tabs.jpg]
Rene Wrote:Maybe my configuration is wrong but suddenly 'Add image' on the 'Create New Gallery' page is throwing a 4O4?

Did you change the root .htaccess file (rules) or did you disable sitewide cookies (in gsconfig.php)?

Rene Wrote:And in some browsers (I'm using Firefox) the Gallery tab styling goes wrong:
[Image: i18n-gallery-tabs.jpg]

I suppose, you have installed GSGallery (or another plugin from this author). Replace /admin/loadtab.php with the version in /plugins/i18n_gallery. It corrects this problem, but is otherwise the same.
Rene Wrote:Maybe my configuration is wrong but suddenly 'Add image' on the 'Create New Gallery' page is throwing a 4O4?

mvlcek Wrote:Did you change the root .htaccess file (rules) or did you disable sitewide cookies (in gsconfig.php)?

Rene Wrote:Yes, i did change .htaccess according News Manager install instructions and having sitewide cookies enabled.

Rene Wrote:And in some browsers (I'm using Firefox) the Gallery tab styling goes wrong:

mvlcek Wrote:I suppose, you have installed GSGallery (or another plugin from this author). Replace /admin/loadtab.php with the version in /plugins/i18n_gallery. It corrects this problem, but is otherwise the same.

Rene Wrote:No, hadn't GSGallery installed, but copied loadtab.php anyway, nothing happened.

This all is on my development area so I guess I started again with fresh new installation.
scratched Smile
I have enabled Sitewide cookies and I still get "Not logged in!"

What else should I do?
Rene Wrote:@mvlcek: I want multiple views on same gallery. When I set settings for Cycle (Text position / Text width or height) it's also set for Slider. But I want that to be different, can that also be done with parameters? Or - maybe better - is it possible for each type to have his own settings?

Sorry for answering late - I didn't see that question.
Yes you can add parameters, they are now documented here and on the sibling pages (for supersized the parameters are type=supersized, width, height and interval.
I18N Gallery version 1.0:
  • Optionally show titles under thumbnails (fancybox, prettyPhoto)
  • View galleries from overview page
Hi mvlcek,

I tried following your instructions, but still get the message: Not logged in.

The gsconfig says the following:
# Make login cookie available sitewide.
#define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

The plugins/i18n_gallery/loadtab.php is copied to admin

The data/i18n_gallery exists and is read- and writeable (755)

The data/backups/i18n_gallery exists and is read- and writeable (755)

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Lasse
graphiclunch Wrote:I tried following your instructions, but still get the message: Not logged in.

You have to remove the # before define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);
mvlcek Wrote:
graphiclunch Wrote:I tried following your instructions, but still get the message: Not logged in.

You have to remove the # before define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

Didn't spot that! Thanks for the quick reply... Smile
Hi, I'll start by saying this is a great plugin.

I have an interesting problem and can't seem to figure it out.

I had loaded several photos into getSimple and then created a new gallery with all those images. Then, I had to remove some of the images from the gallery, so I did through the Gallery tab in the backend. After saving the gallery, I refreshed in Firefox. All is fine. But then in IE(7) the thumbnails have missing placeholders (see attachment). All the photos that I want in the gallery are there, but there are spots where the deleted photos used to be and I cannot get rid of this behavior. I've tried recreating the gallery, deleting the actual files, clearing the gallery cache, etc... nothing seems to work.

I should mention that I have had several permission issues with this particular hosting account, but I've been able to solve them all. This one only affects IE, so I don't think it related to permissions on the server.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
-Dave
Edit apropriate gallery file in
/data/i18n_gallery/gallery_name.xml
and delete the entries you deleted from within admin pannels

ps. this is a manually and temporary approach.
If you encounter any problems with permissions, it will happen for every aspect of managing whole system.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:Edit apropriate gallery file in
/data/i18n_gallery/gallery_name.xml
and delete the entries you deleted from within admin pannels

ps. this is a manually and temporary approach.
If you encounter any problems with permissions, it will happen for every aspect of managing whole system.

Thanks, but the gallery file does not contain any invalid tags. Something else is causing this, and it's related to IE. I also tried to access the page from a PC I have never used to access the site, and it still came up with voids in IE. It is something server-side, but I am not having any luck finding it. Maybe a DOCTYPE or CSS issue?
dcs9732 Wrote:Thanks, but the gallery file does not contain any invalid tags. Something else is causing this, and it's related to IE. I also tried to access the page from a PC I have never used to access the site, and it still came up with voids in IE. It is something server-side, but I am not having any luck finding it. Maybe a DOCTYPE or CSS issue?

Do you have a link to this page or is it a local site?
Otherwise please post the gallery's XML (in data/i18n_gallery) and the generated HTML page (or send it to me via PM).
Mvlcek: I have a question for the meaning of one input field.
After adding an image to cycle gallery there are 2 inputs and 1 textarea.
1st input is for header, textarea for description, but what's the meaning of the 2nd input under the size of img ?
I18N Gallery version 1.0.1:
  • fixes a problem with IE -7 (and IE 8+ in compatibility mode) and CSS 2.0: items with float:left need a width, too. Make sure to specify a thumbnail width, if you need to support old IEs.

@dcs9732: hopefully this fixes your problem

P.S.: Tested this with IE8 in compatibility mode, but not with your example, as
  • saving a page in IE changes it, e.g. the <!DOCTYPE ...>, indentation, upper/lower case, etc.
  • displaying a saved page (even when corrected) does not offer a compatibility mode
  • (a page saved in Firefox won't display correctly in IE)
yojoe Wrote:Mvlcek: I have a question for the meaning of one input field.
After adding an image to cycle gallery there are 2 inputs and 1 textarea.
1st input is for header, textarea for description, but what's the meaning of the 2nd input under the size of img ?

And I had hoped that my multi-line table header would make it clear that this is for the TAGS (keywords) :-(
You can filter a gallery by tags - either with (% gallery ... tags:mytag %) or including tags=mytag in the URL.
mvlcek Wrote:And I had hoped that my multi-line table header would make it clear that this is for the TAGS (keywords) :-(
You can filter a gallery by tags - either with (% gallery ... tags:mytag %) or including tags=mytag in the URL.

Now when you mentioned, description of tables makes sense.
For the sake of usability, you can stylize the header's name colour, and inputs backgrounds pastel colours.
Or just add a gray background for header, and surround fields headers with border, to be shown like input fields Wink
Of course if you have 10 spare mins.
Hi mvlcek.

Is there a way to list all the of the galleries on a page? I'm trying to make a menu of all the galleries I have with links to their respective pages.
edwardloveall Wrote:Hi mvlcek.

Is there a way to list all the of the galleries on a page? I'm trying to make a menu of all the galleries I have with links to their respective pages.

You have to do this manually (Link and image).
how to insert the gallery on the outside content. in header?

<div id="header">
<?php (% gallery name=glowna %); ?>
</div>
not working