Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
mvlcek Wrote:Yes, I know - this is a "feature" of the supersized-script which I just included in the plugin. You are welcome to fix it, I haven't had time for it yet. If you do, please send me the correction so I can include it in the gallery.
Hi,
I found it:
Size:
In supersized.3.1.3.js
Code:
432    if ((browserheight/browserwidth) > ratio){
433     options.fit_landscape && ratio <= 1 ? resizeWidth() : resizeHeight();    //If landscapes are set to fit
the control if ((browserheight/browserwidth) > ratio doesn't seem to make sense here.
And the order of resizeHeight() : resizeWidth(); seems to be wrong as wel. So I changed to
Code:
432  if (1 >= ratio){//(browserheight/browserwidth) > ratio modbydey
433   options.fit_landscape && ratio <= 1 ? resizeHeight() : resizeWidth();    //If landscapes are set to fit
Finally I guess this modification doesn't fix it complete and works only for the situation when the screen/ view port is wider than high. But that's common I guess. For the other situation we need extra if clauses!

Center position:
In supersized.3.1.3.js
Code:
//Horizontally Center
                    if (options.horizontal_center){
                        //$(this).css('left', (browserwidth - $(this).width())/4);//modbydey
                    }

//Vertically Center
                    if (options.vertical_center){
                        $(this).css('top', (browserheight - $(this).height())/2);
                    }
and
in plugin_supersized.php
Code:
horizontal_center:    1, //Horizontally center background
does exactly the oposite than you expect.
So comment the line or change the option horizontal_center: to 0 and it work fine. I didn't test changing your php but it should work.

But anyway I'll not continue with supersized as it is not able to show real large pictures 1:1 for pixel peeping.
I'll post my final solution.

bydey
my getsimple page deynews.de
I can create galleries but cannot delete or edit them as once first created updates cannot be saved.

Errors are: 'The gallery could not be deleted.' (on delete) and 'The gallery could not be saved.' (on update)

I have tried chmod 777 on /data/i18n_gallery/mygallery.xml but to no avail.

No backup is created in /backups/i18n_gallery (which is chmod 777) so perhaps this is the issue? I note that the instructions say the path is /data/backups/i18n_gallery and when I create this and set maximum permissions it does not help.

Any ideas?
Which GS Version are you using and which version of the plugin?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
iaeon Wrote:I can create galleries but cannot delete or edit them as once first created updates cannot be saved.

Errors are: 'The gallery could not be deleted.' (on delete) and 'The gallery could not be saved.' (on update)

I have tried chmod 777 on /data/i18n_gallery/mygallery.xml but to no avail.

No backup is created in /backups/i18n_gallery (which is chmod 777) so perhaps this is the issue?

On updating what happens is:
  • copy old file from /data/i18n_gallery to /backups/i18n_gallery
  • save (update) the file in /data/i18n_gallery
  • if the gallery name changed, delete the file with the old name in /data/i18n_gallery
(Deleting a gallery is copy to backup and delete old file)

It seems, your installation fails on the first step. But I don't see why...

iaeon Wrote:I note that the instructions say the path is /data/backups/i18n_gallery.

This is an error in the instructions. I corrected it. Thanks.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I am using GS 3.0 and I18N Gallery 1.2 (both the latest?).

Everything else on the install works fine.

It does seem as though the plugin fails to create the backup file so cannot continue to save. If I manually copy the source file to /backups/i18n_gallery the plugin can then save all further changes.
iaeon Wrote:It does seem as though the plugin fails to create the backup file so cannot continue to save. If I manually copy the source file to /backups/i18n_gallery the plugin can then save all further changes.

This sounds like the rights on backups/i18n_gallery are not correct and prevent the creation of files (or copying of rights?).

Some ideas to find the problem:
Compare the owner/group/rights of /data/i18n_gallery and /backups/i18n_gallery.
Compare the owner/group/rightss of the existing mygallery.xml and the manually copied one.
Create another gallery and update it - same results?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Yes - following a CHOWN to the /backups/i18n_gallery folder to make it match the rest of the folders everything works fine.

What must have happened is that as the gallery plugin created the folder it did it under apache : apache . I had installed the site by FTP as a 'root' user so all other folders were set to root : root.

Something to watch out for. It might be worth adding something about this in the documentation. "If you cannot edit or delete a gallery page check that all folder owner and group permissions are set the same. You may need to use the CHOWN command to set the /backups/i18n_gallery/ folder to have the same owner as the /data/i18n_gallery/ folder." (Or something like that).

Not a problem I have encountered with other sites I have set up in the same way - I wonder why not as I would imagine that in some instances scripts are automatically creating new folders like this?
Hi guys! Who can make pagination for this gallery? I try connect pagify plugin, but doesn't working.
Hi,

ich have added two pictures to my gallery, put ( gallery name=test %) on
my testpage but i only see two empty boxes, if i add one more i see 3 emptyboxes.

link 2 gallery
http://arekhas.alfahosting.org/hascms/index.php?id=test

pictures are accessable
http://arekhas.alfahosting.org/hascms/da...ank_ag.jpg

Someone an Idea?

Greetings
1) please check your site:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&...Fid%3Dtest

you have a lot of errors, character set is defined twice, it should be UTF-8, Character Encoding mismatch!

if you have unclosed tags, for sure the rest will go wrong, see here: <br

2)
the graphic files are integrated with these URLs:
Code:
http://arekhas.alfahosting.org/hascms/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/pic.php?p=walesa350_krynicki.jpeg&w=160&h=120&c=1
    http://arekhas.alfahosting.org/hascms/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/pic.php?p=fotos%2Fwalesa350_krynicki.jpeg&w=160&h=120&c=1

and that seems to be wrong

it seems to me that there are spaces (%2F) in the URL of the gallery

3)
you can use the webdeveloper extension for Firefox to find errors
the more errors you fix the more possible it is that your problem will be solved
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi Connie,

thx 4 helping me....

I have try to change the names and upload some other pics
but the spaces are not the problem.

Now i have some working tumbs und some defect...
after klicking on an defect Pic jo see the thumbs in the lightbox

thx also for the validatior tip the most errors are fixed
check the file-extensions: ".jpg" not ".jpeg"

maybe that is the problem
|--

AhhAHahHH!

nu gehts Danke!
good that it is working now!

Cheers, Connie
|--

Hi, (sorry for my english)i will always have problem, when i need to choose all images in the folders. I have a snippet, what helps you to select all images in the folder.Go to: plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.phpAdd this snippet after the 106th. line
Code:
<? /*Select all*/
    if (count($filesSorted) != 0) {
        foreach ($filesSorted as $upload) {
      $onclick = 'submitLink(\''.$subPath.$upload['name'].'\','.$upload['bytes'].','.$upload['width'].','.$upload['height'].')';
$allimg[]=$onclick;}}
if (isset ($onclick)){ ?>
<input type="button" value="Összes kép hozzáadása" onclick="<? foreach ($allimg as $val) print $val." ; ";?>"/>  <? }
/*End of extra part*/ ?>
Hi,

I changed gsconfig.php to make login cookie available site wide :

# Make login cookie available sitewide.
define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

And I still get Not logged in! when I try to add images to a gallery. I can't even create a gallery because of that.
steveforest Wrote:Hi,

I changed gsconfig.php to make login cookie available site wide :

# Make login cookie available sitewide.
define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

And I still get Not logged in! when I try to add images to a gallery. I can't even create a gallery because of that.

I deleted the www in the root URL and the problem is gone.
Great plug-in, but after using it for a while I have noticed a little issue.

When an image is deleted/changed in the files the gallery remains unaffected. i.e. the image is still displayed as a thumbnail.

When the image is clicked on in the main site, you get an error: 'Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.'

Is there a setting to make the gallery update when a file is changed or remove images it can no longer find from the gallery when it's opened on the admin side?
bydey:

Thanks for your work trying to fix the resize logic in supersized.

I've written to the author of supersized to describe the bug; he may be willing/able to fix it.

also:

//$(this).css('left', (browserwidth - $(this).width())/4);//modbydey

should be

//$(this).css('left', (browserwidth - $(this).width())/2);//modbydey
mvlcek,

after clicking the "add pictures" link in the gallery admin (v 1.2), a pop-up opens, but I'm getting a 403 in that page. The link is: domain.tld/gs/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?func=addImage&w=160&h=120

I checked and verified the troubleshooting tips you give on the plugin website. The .htaccess file in /plugins/ contains Deny from all, I guess that's what causing the trouble?

Any idea what might be going on?
polyfragmented Wrote:mvlcek,

after clicking the "add pictures" link in the gallery admin (v 1.2), a pop-up opens, but I'm getting a 403 in that page. The link is: domain.tld/gs/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?func=addImage&w=160&h=120

I checked and verified the troubleshooting tips you give on the plugin website. The .htaccess file in /plugins/ contains Deny from all, I guess that's what causing the trouble?

That's ok, but the .htaccess in /plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/ must have Allow from all.
nitsuj Wrote:Great plug-in, but after using it for a while I have noticed a little issue.

When an image is deleted/changed in the files the gallery remains unaffected. i.e. the image is still displayed as a thumbnail.

When the image is clicked on in the main site, you get an error: 'Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.'

Is there a setting to make the gallery update when a file is changed or remove images it can no longer find from the gallery when it's opened on the admin side?

I'll try to find a solution for the next version of the I18N Gallery.
Hello, excuse my English, I'm using google translator.
How do I use the gallery on the components, eg the sidebar.
I already use cyrcle a gallery on the homepage. I would use another model in the sidebar.

Thank you, hug!

Quote:Olá, desculpe meu ingles, estou usando o google tradutor.
Como faço para usar a galeria nos componentes, exemplo barra lateral.
Eu já uso uma galeria cyrcle na pagina inicial. Gostaria de usar outro modelo na barra lateral.

Obrigado, abraço!
schluters Wrote:Hello, excuse my English, I'm using google translator.
How do I use the gallery on the components, eg the sidebar.
I already use cyrcle a gallery on the homepage. I would use another model in the sidebar.

Thank you, hug!

Quote:Olá, desculpe meu ingles, estou usando o google tradutor.
Como faço para usar a galeria nos componentes, exemplo barra lateral.
Eu já uso uma galeria cyrcle na pagina inicial. Gostaria de usar outro modelo na barra lateral.

Obrigado, abraço!

See http://get-simple.info/forum/post/15390/#p15390.
How do I put multiple galleries on one page?