Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
hey i only see this (% gallery name=gallery %)

on my front page what would be the problem?

can i just create a page and embed a php script and what would that be?
Hi All

when I am trying to add image to the gallery I am getting "NOT LOGGED IN " response.
even I alread applied tips provided by MVLCEK.

enable sitewide cookies in your gsconfig.php - remove the # in front of define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

make sure that "Website Base URL" in Settings/General Settings in the GetSimple administration is set to the correct host name, with which you log in, e.g. if you log in using http://www.mysite.com/admin then the website base URL must be http://www.mysite.com/ and not http://mysite.com

if possible please provide me with some support.

thanks.
edit gsconfig.php in GS root directory and remove # mark in line containing define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE)
And make sure that you set up right website address in settings page.
If it's wrong, GS will come up with right address under input field.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:edit gsconfig.php in GS root directory and remove # mark in line containing define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE)
And make sure that you set up right website address in settings page.
If it's wrong, GS will come up with right address under input field.

I think 3.1 makes this default.

Also make sure your template calls
get_header();
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
thanks a lot

it is already working.
Smile
marcinw Wrote:thanks a lot

it is already working.
Smile

What was the problem? Anything to add to the tips?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
dear mvlcek and friends,

I have getsimple cms and i18n gallery installed on an add-on domain (not the main domain).
When I create new gallery and click add-images. The popup window show 404 error (page not found).
The url is correct (pointing to image browser page inside the plugin folder) but showing page not found message "oops! page not found..."

I have installed on the local system and it works well. But not working when published on an add-on domain.

Is there something that I've missed? help would be much appreciated

regards,
Hello. I cannot seem to find the solution to my problem.

I have installed the gallery and it does everything up to and including creating the thumbnails. However, when I click a thiumbnail the image opens in the body of the page as opposed to over the page. Does this have something to do with the css? Please advise. Thank you.
jw49 Wrote:Hello. I cannot seem to find the solution to my problem.

I have installed the gallery and it does everything up to and including creating the thumbnails. However, when I click a thiumbnail the image opens in the body of the page as opposed to over the page. Does this have something to do with the css? Please advise. Thank you.

If the image opens in the body of the page that is the fallback for visitors with Javascript turned off.
If you are not blocking Javascript in your browser, it probably means,
  • that you don't have a <?php get_header(); ?> call in your template
  • that you do not include jQuery or the gallery's JS (see I18N Gallery Settings), or
  • that you include jQuery twice (in your template and via I18N Gallery - switch jQuery off in I18N Gallery Settings), or
  • you include the gallery's JS before jQuery (i.e. you include jQuery in your template, it is switched off in the I18N Gallery settings, but your <?php get_header(); ?> call in your template is before the jQuery include)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
jw49 Wrote:Hello. I cannot seem to find the solution to my problem.

Did you check the problem solving section in the first post of this topic? Hint: website base url.
mvlcek Wrote:If the image opens in the body of the page that is the fallback for visitors with Javascript turned off.
If you are not blocking Javascript in your browser, it probably means,
  • that you don't have a <?php get_header(); ?> call in your template
  • that you do not include jQuery or the gallery's JS (see I18N Gallery Settings), or
  • that you include jQuery twice (in your template and via I18N Gallery - switch jQuery off in I18N Gallery Settings), or
  • you include the gallery's JS before jQuery (i.e. you include jQuery in your template, it is switched off in the I18N Gallery settings, but your <?php get_header(); ?> call in your template is before the jQuery include)

Thank you for your response.

To the best of my knowledge, I have done the above. But honestly, while I as strong with HTML, my knowledge in this area is weak.

What I have discovered is this: The I18N Gallery works without fault in the Innovation and Cardinal Themes that are standard with GetSimple 3.1. If I leave the plugin settings the same as when they work with those themes and switch over to the SimpleCorp theme by GetSimpleThemes the thumbnails still generate nicely but when clicked they act a link and open in a window with the image only.

I've tried puting the <?php get...> lines into the templates, but no results. Could there be some kind of conflict since it is a fairly complex theme?

Thank you
jw49 Wrote:What I have discovered is this: The I18N Gallery works without fault in the Innovation and Cardinal Themes that are standard with GetSimple 3.1. If I leave the plugin settings the same as when they work with those themes and switch over to the SimpleCorp theme by GetSimpleThemes the thumbnails still generate nicely but when clicked they act a link and open in a window with the image only.

I've tried puting the <?php get...> lines into the templates, but no results. Could there be some kind of conflict since it is a fairly complex theme?

You definitely need the get_header call (after the jQuery include).
Maybe the theme also includes the same gallery script (fancybox/prettyphoto) or includes jQuery and you haven't turned it off in the gallery settings.
Check if there are any javascript errors when you load your page (e.g. with Firefox plugin firebug).
mvlcek Wrote:You definitely need the get_header call (after the jQuery include).
Maybe the theme also includes the same gallery script (fancybox/prettyphoto) or includes jQuery and you haven't turned it off in the gallery settings.
Check if there are any javascript errors when you load your page (e.g. with Firefox plugin firebug).

Hmmmm.... I must be overlooking something than. I'm not going to have a chance to give it a go again for a few days but I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks for your support!
Hello,

I had EXACTLY the same issue as jw49. The symptons were;

The gallery worked fantastic locally through XAMPP. Zipped the whole thing up and placed it on my server in the root directory of a new website domain.

The gallery worked great until you clicked on a thumnail. The image didn't show in a Prettyphoto / Fancybox layout overlaying the screen but just as a pure image in the body of the browser on a white background.

It really looked like a jquery issue as was mentioned a few times in this post but looking at the View Source shows that both jquery and prettyphoto javascripts were being loaded.

After a number of hours tearing my hair of which I have very little to spare I realised that another plugin was also loading jquery (just before the </head> tag). After deleting the plugin completly the gallery worked great as expected.

The other plug in was the GST_superslideshows plugin which is a great one to show slides / pages as a slideshow.

I have tried to disable the jquery by clicking the setting in the seeting area but the issue still occurs.

I would really like to use BOTH plugins and wondered if you have come accross this issue and if there is a possible workaround.

PS. Just analysed the "View Source" of my local install and noticed that the GST_Slideshows' jquery statement was being loaded BEFORE the i18N_gallery one which I suppose made it work on the local install. Why it loaded before on the local and after on the server is beyond me??? How can I choose the order or location of a plugin and where it inserts it's script into the page?
stryker Wrote:PS. Just analysed the "View Source" of my local install and noticed that the GST_Slideshows' jquery statement was being loaded BEFORE the i18N_gallery one which I suppose made it work on the local install. Why it loaded before on the local and after on the server is beyond me??? How can I choose the order or location of a plugin and where it inserts it's script into the page?

The order in which the plugins are loaded depends on the installation (operating system, date or name of plugin files, whatever).
In a case you need jQuery in multiple plugins, you should include it directly in the template and switch off including of jQuery in all plugins (if the plugin doesn't offer it, request it from the author).

P.S.: I think there is a new mechanism for GetSimple 3.1 to ensure, scripts are only loaded once, but I didn't look at it so far.
That makes sense. I will investigate this with GST_superslideshows plugin.

Thankyou for your reply.
leonku Wrote:hey i only see this (% gallery name=gallery %)

on my front page what would be the problem?

can i just create a page and embed a php script and what would that be?
If you can't view a gallery from the edit-gallery page

check if the file plugins/i18n_gallery/gallery.xml was copied to data/pages - correct it manually if necessary

my comments: I must did something wrong ! I disable the I18N Gallery and then enable it again and suddenly it don´t work for me, but now I had solve it. I copy gallery.xml again from plugins/i18n_gallery/gallery.xml and copy it to data/pages and overwrite the old one and now it is okey. Maybe this can help someone Wink
We had all been beginners :)
Jquery Cycle - Prev & Next with Image Count.

I need something like this:

Prev | Next 1/10

It is someone knows how to do it Wink
That file should I edit ?
gugu Wrote:Jquery Cycle - Prev & Next with Image Count.

I need something like this:

Prev | Next 1/10

It is someone knows how to do it Wink
That file should I edit ?

You would have to change the plugins/i18n_gallery/plugin_cycle.php.
Adding prev/next should be easy according to the cycle documentation, don't know about the 1/10.
Okey I will try to figure out how to do then I know I tell you about it here Wink
http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/count.html
still no help here?
widhi Wrote:still no help here?

yes, no answer for your question

Quote:Is there something that I've missed? help would be much appreciated

1)
tell the URL of the installation or pay a sooth-sayer for us ;=)

whithout any URL we cannot analyze your problem

so name the URL of your installation

2)
did you check the server health check? What are the results?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:
widhi Wrote:still no help here?

yes, no answer for your question

Quote:Is there something that I've missed? help would be much appreciated

1)
tell the URL of the installation or pay a sooth-sayer for us ;=)

whithout any URL we cannot analyze your problem

so name the URL of your installation

2)
did you check the server health check? What are the results?

Its been days this thing give me headache so I already switch to cms-made-simple (i'm not promoting or anything, not even related to the developers). I really like getsimple cms gallery when it worked on my local xampp system. It has builtin prettyphoto which I really wanted for my website.

This is my site url: expose3d.com
Its actually an add-on domain to this main domain: nafiamedia.com
The gallery from cmsms is there but with slimbox which I'm not very fond off. Wish it was getsimple i18n gallery with prettyphoto Sad

I'm just curious now if there anyone having problem with add-on domain with this gallery? If there are then I think might have found a bug.
widhi Wrote:I'm just curious now if there anyone having problem with add-on domain with this gallery? If there are then I think might have found a bug.

I have two sites on sub domains and they both have the gallery on and no problems so far?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
widhi,

I would not suggest to switch to other CMS just because of this one situation.
I am a longtime engaged user of CMSMS, but I can tell you will run into bigger problems with that really good, but badly supported CMS ;=()

Well, please tell us exactly what is an "add on domain"? This is kind of hoster-speach and everybody configures add on domains differently

tell us the URL of the images in the gallery when you use PrettyPhoto ... and check if that is correct
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18