Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
Oleg06 Wrote:Martin, I'm sorry, I can not remember if I asked you how to change the quality of miniatures.

What do you mean with quality?
You can change the size in the gallery's settings, but the downsampling is always the same.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I am experiencing odd behavior from the Gallery plugin.

I am able to upload galleries and display them on a page. My preference is to use the prettyPhoto type, but the slideshow feature no longer automatically works.

You can see an example of the gallery page I have up. http://marinavillageharbor.com/gallery.htmlPlease take note that when you scroll over the top row of photos, something very odd happens to the alignment of the bottom row (they shift and slide around as you scroll). (see attached photo)

I tried looking at the support page and get more information on passing the parameters directly within the (% gallery=my-gallery %) call, but could not find an example on the format for doing this.

I've tried using the administrative features for the gallery by setting the checkbox to autostart and modifying other aspects of the gallery call. When I look at the source for the populated website, I can see the correct gallery type and the parameters appear to be set correctly. However, still no slideshow.
jeremiah.holder Wrote:I am experiencing odd behavior from the Gallery plugin.

I am able to upload galleries and display them on a page. My preference is to use the prettyPhoto type, but the slideshow feature no longer automatically works.

You can see an example of the gallery page I have up. http://marinavillageharbor.com/gallery.htmlPlease take note that when you scroll over the top row of photos, something very odd happens to the alignment of the bottom row (they shift and slide around as you scroll). (see attached photo)

I tried looking at the support page and get more information on passing the parameters directly within the (% gallery=my-gallery %) call, but could not find an example on the format for doing this.

I've tried using the administrative features for the gallery by setting the checkbox to autostart and modifying other aspects of the gallery call. When I look at the source for the populated website, I can see the correct gallery type and the parameters appear to be set correctly. However, still no slideshow.

If you have problems like this, you should e.g. use Firefox and install the Web Developer plugin or use something similar. If you use the Web Developer plugin and display its toolbar, you immediately see that there is a javascript error (rightmost icon is red instead of green).
Clicking on it will tell you that "... autocomplete is not a function...". Looking at the source code of the page you will see that a ".../plugins/i18n_search/js/jquery.autocomplete.min.js" is included. Clicking on the link, i.e. loading it, will give a 403 Forbidden error. This probably means that you didn't copy the .htaccess files in the plugin's subdirectories to your server.
Correct this problem and the gallery should work.

As for the bouncing thumbnails: I don't see this in Firefox, but normally it means that your images have different heights and/or your CSS styles change width or height of the thumbnail divs on mouseover (:hover).
Make sure that you specify a height for the maximum thumbnail height in your gallery and check your CSS.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Bug or feature?!

I'm using you plugin and thank you for this great piece.
But I have a problem with the pagify-function:

15 pictures, pagify=1, pagesize=5

But the plugin generates 4 pages and the 4th is empty, the first 3 work as expected.
So what's wrong? (deleting the cache didn't fix it)

Thank you!
I18N Gallery version 1.9.4:
  • fixes a bug which caused one surplus empty page to be shown with pagify, when the total number of images was an exact multiple of the page size (@Captian)
Great!!!

Thank you very much for the fast fixing, works like a charm now.
Thank you for the assistance. I had been using Firebug and it's extensions (still learning the tool).

I tried the plugin you described and did find some errors, but did not see a 403 error.

An error box does appear on the page saying to check the path for a resource (doesn't say what resource). I thought it may be a photo, but that can't be possible since the photos all display on the page when the javascript slideshow fails.

I unzipped the gallery plugin and uploaded it in it's entirety to the server, but I'll double check the .htaccess files. There is one .htaccess file for all plugins, I'm assuming there needs to be one in each sub-directory for each plugin folder. Is this basically a "Deny All" .htaccess file?

Thank you, again, for your prompt response.

mvlcek Wrote:
jeremiah.holder Wrote:I am experiencing odd behavior from the Gallery plugin.

If you have problems like this, you should e.g. use Firefox and install the Web Developer plugin or use something similar. If you use the Web Developer plugin and display its toolbar, you immediately see that there is a javascript error (rightmost icon is red instead of green).
Clicking on it will tell you that "... autocomplete is not a function...". Looking at the source code of the page you will see that a ".../plugins/i18n_search/js/jquery.autocomplete.min.js" is included. Clicking on the link, i.e. loading it, will give a 403 Forbidden error. This probably means that you didn't copy the .htaccess files in the plugin's subdirectories to your server.
Correct this problem and the gallery should work.

As for the bouncing thumbnails: I don't see this in Firefox, but normally it means that your images have different heights and/or your CSS styles change width or height of the thumbnail divs on mouseover (:hover).
Make sure that you specify a height for the maximum thumbnail height in your gallery and check your CSS.
jeremiah.holder Wrote:I unzipped the gallery plugin and uploaded it in it's entirety to the server, but I'll double check the .htaccess files. There is one .htaccess file for all plugins, I'm assuming there needs to be one in each sub-directory for each plugin folder. Is this basically a "Deny All" .htaccess file?

There are .htaccess files in most sub directories plugins/i18n_gallery and deeper. You must copy them to your server along with the other files (e.g. in plugins/i18n_gallery/browser there is a "Allow from All" .htaccess file).
I am experiencing a problem with my image gallery - the thumbs will not open in a lightbox. I have tried switching "Do not include jQuery". No difference - the image loads as part of the page. Please could you tell me what I have done wrong! The link to the problematic gallery is: http://www.armadillotvl.com/specials/
Thanks
chaos Wrote:I am experiencing a problem with my image gallery - the thumbs will not open in a lightbox. I have tried switching "Do not include jQuery". No difference - the image loads as part of the page. Please could you tell me what I have done wrong! The link to the problematic gallery is: http://www.armadillotvl.com/specials/
Thanks

remove $jQ = jQuery.noConflict(); ...
Quote:remove $jQ = jQuery.noConflict(); ...

Thanks Mvlcek for the prompt reply.
Where do I find the above mentioned line? What actually is the issue with this problem as I have never had a problem with the I18n gallery before?
chaos Wrote:

Where do I find the above mentioned line? What actually is the issue with this problem as I have never had a problem with the I18n gallery before?

It's in the HTML of your page - either in your template or put there by some other plugin.
mvlcek Wrote:
chaos Wrote:

It's in the HTML of your page - either in your template or put there by some other plugin.

Thanks Mvlcek - I disabled the Google Maps plugin and everything back to normal.
I'm also having a problem getting lightbox to work. http://althousing.org I've looked for the jquery phrase but don't see it anywhere in the html, and I've deactived plugins without success. Any help would be much appreciated.
Mad Morticia Wrote:I'm also having a problem getting lightbox to work. http://althousing.org I've looked for the jquery phrase but don't see it anywhere in the html, and I've deactived plugins without success. Any help would be much appreciated.
You load jquery lib twice.
Look at source code of template's footer.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:
Mad Morticia Wrote:I'm also having a problem getting lightbox to work. http://althousing.org I've looked for the jquery phrase but don't see it anywhere in the html, and I've deactived plugins without success. Any help would be much appreciated.
You load jquery lib twice.
Look at source code of template's footer.

Yes, I see the code in the footer:
Code:
<!-- JS
    ================================================== -->
    <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.6.4.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/javascripts/tabs.js"></script>

I'm using the Skeleton theme, so that code was already there. I don't see where else the jquery has been duplicated in the template? I checked the header, but there's no duplicate.
Check your plugins options or their source code.
Mad Morticia Wrote:I'm using the Skeleton theme, so that code was already there. I don't see where else the jquery has been duplicated in the template? I checked the header, but there's no duplicate.

Looking at your source, I see...
line 16: jquery-1.4.3.min.js (being loaded from the gallery plugin)
line 479: jquery-1.6.4.min.js (included with theme)

The gallery will need to have jquery loaded before it runs its scripts, so you will need to remove it from the footer. If you need to run 1.6.4, you could place it at the top, and disable it via the gallery config.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

islander Wrote:
Mad Morticia Wrote:I'm using the Skeleton theme, so that code was already there. I don't see where else the jquery has been duplicated in the template? I checked the header, but there's no duplicate.

Looking at your source, I see...
line 16: jquery-1.4.3.min.js (being loaded from the gallery plugin)
line 479: jquery-1.6.4.min.js (included with theme)

The gallery will need to have jquery loaded before it runs its scripts, so you will need to remove it from the footer. If you need to run 1.6.4, you could place it at the top, and disable it via the gallery config.

Thank you, Islander. I was looking in the wrong place. I've removed the footer script and it all works as it should.
I am using the I18n Gallery plugin. It is the latest version and it seems to be causing problems on 2 sites.
Both sites are using a slider and have photo galleries. When you click on one of the images in the gallery the lightbox opens - however when hovering over the slider, the next and previous buttons on the slider become visible. This causes even more of a problem when the lightbox opens over the slider. You then cannot navigate the gallery as the slider image changes instead of the gallery images.
Please can someone assist in sorting out this very annoying problem.
Edit plugin_cycle.php file inside i18_gallery plugin directory, and change lines 187 and 203 to 1000.
yojoe Wrote:Edit plugin_cycle.php file inside i18_gallery plugin directory, and change lines 187 and 203 to 1000.

Thanks YoJoe - works perfectly!!!
Hi,

Gallery Version 1.7.1,

PrettyPhoto adds one more (the last one) image in the Gallery with an error as "Image can not be loaded. Make sure the patch is correct and image exist".
Is this a Bug or not?

and second Q:
is there a way to make images in Cycle gallery 'responsive' (resizable) ?

Thanx
Hello!
I'm using this gallery in
http://www.wapenvanhuizen.nl/fotoalbums/...afe-fotos/
Click on a photo and:
http://www.wapenvanhuizen.nl/fotoalbums/...njecafe:-3
In a silly way, the fancy box is not working.
What is the problem with the gallery or config?

Please help me a.s.a.p. Tongue
horizon Wrote:Hello!
I'm using this gallery in
http://www.wapenvanhuizen.nl/fotoalbums/...afe-fotos/
Click on a photo and:
http://www.wapenvanhuizen.nl/fotoalbums/...njecafe:-3
In a silly way, the fancy box is not working.
What is the problem with the gallery or config?

Please help me a.s.a.p. Tongue

jQuery must be included before the gallery - you are currently including it with the google map plugin, which is only loaded after I18N Gallery.
And you must not have a jQuery.noConflict() call in your template (also included by the google map plugin).