Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
Hi mvlcek,sorry to bother you again, but I'm freaking out with this!

I can't understand why if I post every single gallery with
Code:
(% gallery name=exampletitle %)

it works properly, but if I use

Code:
(% gallery %)

I have an empty page as result! Sad

I've double checked every single configuration step, but it doesn't seem to be the issue, even because in the other way it works...
(2014-07-25, 03:36:04)-FrA- Wrote: I can't understand why if I post every single gallery with
Code:
(% gallery name=exampletitle %)

it works properly, but if I use

Code:
(% gallery %)

I have an empty page as result! Sad

Because you MUST specify the name of the gallery, otherwise the plugin won't know, which gallery to display and thus displays nothing.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2014-07-25, 03:51:49)mvlcek Wrote: Because you MUST specify the name of the gallery, otherwise the plugin won't know, which gallery to display and thus displays nothing.

First of all, thanks for the reply!
Ok, it was mi (mis)understanding that it was possible to have a page with all the galleries...

So I need to create it manually, with the "gallerylink" option

I've tried with:

Code:
(% gallerylink name=exampletitle url=#!prettyPhoto[exampleslug]/0 thumb=random %)

It generates properly the thumbnails, but the link doesn't do anything...
Is it correct?
Should I create a page for every single gallery and link to that page?

Thank you very much.
Hello mvlcek,

I'm just wondering if there is plans in the future (hopefully near future) to add a "Swipe Gallery for Mobiles" feature that allows this necessary and indispensable plugin to be viable for iphones, androids or ipads devices.

Mobile websites are getting pretty standard now and having a responsive theme is compulsory to keep up with the times and demand of businesses. The only piece that is missing in this plugin is having a self managed gallery that looks and behaves well on mobiles. Maybe a SWIPE for next image on mobiles and a Click to Enlarge on non-touch screens (ie PC's / macs)

Anyway, just interested to know if something is in the pipeline for this (almost) perfect gallery plugin Smile
Thanks
Hello mvlcek

Could you update the plugin with the new version of Cycle(3.0.3) and Cycle2 slideshows?

Thanks
Hi Martin!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your remarkable plugins that turn GetSimple into a top-level CMS and save us a lot of time.Smile

Recently I was looking for a responsive slider plugin that could adapt its size to the surrounding div, use thumbs for navigation and be customizable.

The existing plugins did not satisfy me:
1. I18N Gallery cycle - no thumbs, no stretching, too basic.
2. I18N Gallery s3slider - no thumbs, no stretching, no navigation.
3. I18N Gallery Supersized - amazing, but full screen only....Dodgy
4. GST Superslideshows - designed for slideshowing html pages, not images. Again, no thumbs.
5. nanoSlider4GS - good idea but not really convenient to use (all parameters including file list need to be passed in every declaration), does not use all of nivoSlider (its core) features.

So, I decided to add nivoSlider support to your wonderful I18N Gallery plugin. Thanks to you, now there's no sense in writing separate galleries plugins.

Features:
- completely functional nivoSlider
- responsive
- all possible options are customizable
- image sizes are insignificant

I thought you may be interested, so I share this thing here (see attachment).

The only question I couldn't find the answer for - how can I access initial parameters for a gallery in code? I want to setup some of the options programmatically, at the moment the gallery is created. Default values or something...

Tell me what you think.

P.S. Don't laugh at my code too loud please - this is my first time writing in php/js.

Attached Files
.zip   nivoSliderGSi18nGallery 0.9.zip (Size: 56.25 KB / Downloads: 13)
Information 
Martin - this is a fantastic plugin. Thank you!

Although I am having an issue: is there a way to display Gallery Links in a left-to-right grid just like the thumbnails do automatically?

I have made 6 galleries, and 6 pages, and have entered these codes onto a fresh page. So far so good… but they show in 1 column not a grid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Adam

(2014-08-09, 06:39:45)aforawesome Wrote: Martin - this is a fantastic plugin. Thank you!

Although I am having an issue: is there a way to display Gallery Links in a left-to-right grid just like the thumbnails do automatically?

I have made 6 galleries, and 6 pages, and have entered these codes onto a fresh page. So far so good… but they show in 1 column not a grid.

The generated HTML code is just links (<a>). If you put all links in one line/paragraph and they still show on different lines, than you have a problem with your CSS (a or img tags).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2014-08-09, 17:06:41)mvlcek Wrote: The generated HTML code is just links (<a>). If you put all links in one line/paragraph and they still show on different lines, than you have a problem with your CSS (a or img tags).

Thanks for the guidance, Martin. I managed to duplicate your existing gallery-thumb css and use it for gallery-thumb-link so they are styled the same… works well.

One last question - is there a way to output Gallery Title beneath the thumbnail link? (or is manually adding it again the only way)

Best,

-A
I can't get the prettyPhoto to pull on my site http://metrowalls.net/index.php?id=proje...ok-commons Can someone tell me why it won't load? I can get it to load on http://metrowalls.net/safety.html
(2014-08-20, 05:07:26)Scribbit Wrote: I can't get the prettyPhoto to pull on my site http://metrowalls.net/index.php?id=proje...ok-commons Can someone tell me why it won't load? I can get it to load on http://metrowalls.net/safety.html

For example you have 3 versions of jQuery included. I18N Gallery needs jQuery < 1.9, if you include it yourself in the template, you must switch off including it in the I18N Gallery settings.
Despite zero response to my Nano Slider gallery type addonBlush, I have uploaded it to EXTEND.

Changes in this (0.9.2) version:
- Fixed: The plugin didn't work with some php versions (thanks to my poor php knowledge)
- Corrected the folder structure (moved the themes images from the css folder to images folder)

Again, any feedback would be very appreciated.
(2014-08-21, 04:38:13)vallhund Wrote: Despite zero response to my Nano Slider gallery type addonBlush, I have uploaded it to EXTEND.

Thank you very much.
I am planning to look at it, but had no time so far...
Hi vallhund,

I have pasted your Nano Slider into the I18N gallery, but i can't get it to slide Sad It just show the first image. - other galleries works just fine.

If i check Chromes developer tool console, I can see an error 'Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function' located in /plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js:10

Any ideas?

/NielsK
(2014-08-22, 00:03:04)nikrodk Wrote: If i check Chromes developer tool console, I can see an error 'Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function' located in /plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js:10

Hi nikrodk
Thanks for testing, you have pointed to a problem that I've missed.

The point is that nivoSlider requires a higher version of jQuery than other galleries.

If you turn off include jQuery in i18n_gallery settings, and include jQuery (1.7+) yourself, you'll see it work.

Or, use the fixed plugin file attached to this post. Now it uses Google CDN to include 1.7.1 jQuery when needed.
(I will upload the updated version to Extend shortly)

Again, thanks for testing!

Attached Files
.php   plugin_nivoSlider.php (Size: 13.36 KB / Downloads: 4)
BTW, mvlcek, I need your advice.

i18n_gallery has jQuery 1.4 on board, but NivoSlider requires jQuery 1.7.

For now, I use Google CDN:
Code:
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Another option would be putting another jquery file to js folder and using:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $SITEURL; ?>plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>

I cannot decide what is the best way. What do you think?
Hi all!
In my component i want to show a list of existing galleries with date, title ets. How to do it in php?
And where can I find a list of front-end functions of this plugin?
Hi vallhund,

We are amost there - I deleted the i18n_gallery folder, and then unpacked the latest version of i18n_gallery and your nivoslider 0.93 version - just to sure, that no old code was present.

But somewhere in your code, there is a referernce to '/plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.js', but this file doesn't exists - but then I renamed the file '/plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js' to the above filename, then it worked Smile

/NielsK
I'm using I18N Gallery with GS Blog to add nice gallery to post. The issue I am having is related to the blog manager > post > Post Option > Photo Gallery Code: *This is missing the input field altogether although I can see the text label for it. So what happens is my galleries are not displaying the prettyPhoto lightbox.

Please can someone help me out here as to a fix.

Thanks,

Laurence

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I updated settings to disable Do not include jQuery however it still isn't loading the prettyPhoto. Please let me know if you got another suggestion. Thanks, L

(2014-08-20, 07:04:09)mvlcek Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 05:07:26)Scribbit Wrote: I can't get the prettyPhoto to pull on my site http://metrowalls.net/index.php?id=proje...ok-commons Can someone tell me why it won't load? I can get it to load on http://metrowalls.net/safety.html

For example you have 3 versions of jQuery included. I18N Gallery needs jQuery < 1.9, if you include it yourself in the template, you must switch off including it in the I18N Gallery settings.
Hi mvlcek, This is what I noticed but still not sure why it won't display correctly.

Error: TypeError: $sel.prettyPhoto is not a function

(2014-08-20, 07:04:09)mvlcek Wrote:

(2014-08-22, 16:56:44)nikrodk Wrote: Hi vallhund,

We are amost there - I deleted the i18n_gallery folder, and then unpacked the latest version of i18n_gallery and your nivoslider 0.93 version - just to sure, that no old code was present.

But somewhere in your code, there is a referernce to '/plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.js', but this file doesn't exists - but then I renamed the file '/plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js' to the above filename, then it worked Smile

/NielsK
Hi Nielsk

Thanks for noticing that, I got it fixed.
(2014-08-23, 00:26:50)Scribbit Wrote: Hi mvlcek, This is what I noticed but still not sure why it won't display correctly.

Error: TypeError: $sel.prettyPhoto is not a function

You still include jQuery twice: once in the header, version 1.10, which is incompatible with I18N Gallery, and once at the end of your page, version 1.8.1 (which would be ok).

Additionally your page is missing a document type and the enclosing <html> tag and there other errors, too.
The NivoSlider addition is an excellent idea, thank you vallhund. I added the extension before realising this is still in it's early stages but seems to be working well so far (on wamp, not live server). Just a couple of quick questions:
- the default template is "bar", is there any way to change it in the shortcode or do I need to hack the plugin file?
- switching off the CSS in the gallery settings doesn't affect the NivoSlider so is it possible to unhook the stylesheet?
I realise from your comments before that the extension is still being developed so not to worry if you don't have answers yet.
Thanks, Kate
Hi kate!

(2014-08-27, 22:23:36)kate Wrote: - the default template is "bar", is there any way to change it in the shortcode or do I need to hack the plugin file?

Unfortunately there is no 'shortcode' way to pre-select default values. (Or maybe I'm not familiar with the i18n_gallery enough). And you're right, you'll have to hack the plugin file, but it's not complicated at all.
See the plugin_nivoSlider.php (as of 0.9.4) file at lines 19-23:
Code:
<option value="bar"     <?php echo @$gallery['theme'] == 'bar'     ? 'selected="selected"' : ''; ?>> bar     </option>
<option value="dark"    <?php echo @$gallery['theme'] == 'dark'    ? 'selected="selected"' : ''; ?>> dark    </option>
<option value="default" <?php echo @$gallery['theme'] == 'default' ? 'selected="selected"' : ''; ?>> default </option>
<option value="light"   <?php echo @$gallery['theme'] == 'light'   ? 'selected="selected"' : ''; ?>> light   </option>
<option value="nano"    <?php echo @$gallery['theme'] == 'nano'    ? 'selected="selected"' : ''; ?>> nano    </option>
Simply put the "option" line for the theme you want as first and it will be selected when you create a gallery (or select nivoSlider for an existing gallery for the first time).

Anyway, I think I'll use the 'default' theme as default in the next version. So thank you for pointing to this.

(2014-08-27, 22:23:36)kate Wrote: - switching off the CSS in the gallery settings doesn't affect the NivoSlider so is it possible to unhook the stylesheet?

The plugin includes theme css file even when css is off. That's a bug, of course.
But there's a more serious problem with css - nivoSlider doesn't work correctly without it's main css file (too many important parameters there). I had to mention that on the download page but I forgotSad
If you're in a hurry I would advise you to (1) turn on css (otherwise it won't work anyway)
(2) select a theme and edit its css to customize the slider

Meanwhile, I'm working on this problem (moving crucial parameters from css to php), maybe I'll get it done by this weekend I hope.

Thanks for your response!