Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQ Plugin
1. In the plugin section of my site if I click on Faq manager title, I get send to this location:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/faq-manager/306/
Also, the update info is wrong, it says: Update to 1.2
This was after deleting the plugin files of the Faq Manager from mikeh, and reinstalling your Faq plugin.

2. Can you update the plugin info with this info you added later:
Quote:I just saw that I forgot to add that you need jQuery 1.4+ included in your template. Otherwise it's just as described.
Also with the direct jQuery code phrase.

And maybe:

Quote:Another possible pitfall: make sure you call get_headers() in your template and that the call is positioned AFTER the include of jQuery, best at the end of the HTML header.
Is it possible to inhibit the FAQ effect from certain parts of a page, please?

I have a page of FAQ, which works correctly.

Part of the sidebar content is dynamically filled with the content of a (hidden) page, using this code in the template:
PHP Code:
get_i18n_content('sb-'.return_page_slug()) || get_i18n_content('sb-default'

Unfortunately, this sidebar content is also wrapped in <div class="faq-wrapper">, so it is displayed collapsed. What can I do to prevent this sidebar content from being treated as part of the FAQ?
--
Nick.
(2012-12-11, 22:36:55)hameau Wrote: Is it possible to inhibit the FAQ effect from certain parts of a page, please?

I have a page of FAQ, which works correctly.

Part of the sidebar content is dynamically filled with the content of a (hidden) page, using this code in the template:
PHP Code:
get_i18n_content('sb-'.return_page_slug()) || get_i18n_content('sb-default'

Unfortunately, this sidebar content is also wrapped in <div class="faq-wrapper">, so it is displayed collapsed. What can I do to prevent this sidebar content from being treated as part of the FAQ?

PHP Code:
global $faq_parameters;
$faq_parameters_bak $faq_parameters;
$faq_parameters false;
get_i18n_content('sb-'.return_page_slug()) || get_i18n_content('sb-default');
$faq_parameters $faq_parameters_bak
(if the sidebar is included AFTER the normal content, you don't need to save/restore $faq_parameters)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
No prizes for elegance! ;-)

Thanks for a working solution. I had started changing the sidebar <h...> tags to <p class="..."> for styling, but it was also becoming inelegant.
--
Nick.
somehow requests to update your plug-in to version 1.2, and sends the page http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/faq-manager/306/
(2013-01-24, 07:13:35)Oleg06 Wrote: somehow requests to update your plug-in to version 1.2, and sends the page http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/faq-manager/306/

That's because mikeh used the same name 'faq' for his plugin as I did before him. I've notified him, to change it to 'faq-mgr' or similar, but he didn't change the name yet.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi!

I was looking for an accordion way to show only one of three forms on a page, depending which Headline the user clicks. The plugin description says that any HTML might sit between the headers, but this is not working with forms

I found that the FAQ plugin does the trick, as it is done in accordion style.

So I did this:

Code:
<h3>contact Otto</h3>
<form .... >
<h3>contact Ferdinand</h3>
<form .... >
<h3>contact Luise</h3>
<form ...>

but unfortunately the "close" of the item, the status toggle is triggered by the form submit, so the communication between user and form is not guaranteed.

Is there any chance to change the toggle event, to restrict it to click on the header?

I hope my problem is clear

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(2013-06-15, 16:44:33)Connie Wrote: Hi!

I was looking for an accordion way to show only one of three forms on a page, depending which Headline the user clicks. The plugin description says that any HTML might sit between the headers, but this is not working with forms

I found that the FAQ plugin does the trick, as it is done in accordion style.

So I did this:

Code:
<h3>contact Otto</h3>
<form .... >
<h3>contact Ferdinand</h3>
<form .... >
<h3>contact Luise</h3>
<form ...>

but unfortunately the "close" of the item, the status toggle is triggered by the form submit, so the communication between user and form is not guaranteed.

Is there any chance to change the toggle event, to restrict it to click on the header?

The toggling of parts of the FAQ is already only done when you click on the header. But submitting a form will reload the page (unless you use AJAX) and return it to its initial state (everything closed).

You can force a section open by putting a <span class="mark"></span> into it (primary use for this is marking words and open the sections after a search, see example)
(2013-06-15, 17:09:58)mvlcek Wrote: You can force a section open by putting a <span class="mark"></span> into it (primary use for this is marking words and open the sections after a search, see example)

Thanks for the hint!
I started to test and to experiment with that

I think it is the combination of p01-contact and the collabse, I will test. If I am not satisfied because of the reload, I must find another contact form ...

once again I learned from situations which I created myself, thanks! ;=)

Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I've looked around for the guide for those of us with no idea, but can someone show me how to "include jQuery 1.4+ in the head of your template and call <?php get_header(); ?> (after the jQuery include)."
EDIT: OK, I worked that one out and got the FAQ sort of working, but now when I click on a question it briefly opens the answer then closes it again immediately. I've tried _faq and _faq autoclose but both have the same behaviour

I've read that from 3.1 GS comes preconfigured with Jquery ready for queuing. I'm sure that's a good thing, but what do I do with that information!

I'm on GS 3.2.3
Thanks
I use in the template code
Code:
<?php get_i18n_content('clients'); ?>
and your plugin binds class faq-wrapper and to this block also
(2014-06-28, 08:05:25)Oleg06 Wrote: I use in the template code
Code:

You can try to remove the class in a javascript before get_i18n_headers(), e.g.
Code:
$(function() {
  $(".sidebar .faq-wrapper").removeClass("faq-wrapper");
});
Adjust the selector to only identify the content in your sidebar.
not helped
Code:
$(function() {
  $("#sidebar .faq-wrapper").removeClass("faq-wrapper");
  $("#main-clients .faq-wrapper").removeClass("faq-wrapper");
  $("#footer .faq-wrapper").removeClass("faq-wrapper");
});
helped only the intervention in the plugin code
Code:
$('.article .faq-wrapper h1, .article .faq-wrapper h2, .article .faq-wrapper h3, .article .faq-wrapper h4, .article .faq-wrapper h5, .article .faq-wrapper h6').addClass('faq-question').addClass('closed');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h1','h1');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h2','h1, h2');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h3','h1, h2, h3');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h4','h1, h2, h3, h4');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h5','h1, h2, h3, h4, h5');
      processHeaders('.article .faq-wrapper h6','h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6');
maybe add the plugin settings?

(2014-06-28, 17:53:31)mvlcek Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 08:05:25)Oleg06 Wrote: I use in the template code
Code:

You can try to remove the class in a javascript before get_i18n_headers(), e.g.
Code:
$(function() {
  $(".sidebar .faq-wrapper").removeClass("faq-wrapper");
});
Adjust the selector to only identify the content in your sidebar.
mvlcek, sorry, I'm not only not good at foreign languages​​, I also do not carefully read the translation of Google, your advice works Smile
Great Plugin, thank you.
One question: Is there a way to exclude paragraphs from this function. I would like to show an always visible paragraph below the faq section.
(2014-10-18, 20:41:24)SoHo22 Wrote: One question: Is there a way to exclude paragraphs from this function. I would like to show an always visible paragraph below the faq section.

The new version 1.2 will ignore paragraphs with class "nofaq". So add this CSS class to the paragraph below the questions, e.g. in the editor's source view.
(2014-10-19, 02:13:18)mvlcek Wrote: The new version 1.2 will ignore paragraphs with class "nofaq". So add this CSS class to the paragraph below the questions, e.g. in the editor's source view.

Thank you very much, it works!
Hi
sorry to bump this one
i just started with get-simple and need still a lot to learn and discover

i tried this plug in but i don't get it work

used faq manager in my admin

i think it has to do with jsquery can someone give me some info how i can add this ?

tried the js (code) from google
but seems i don't get it

i see on the page : If you have Javascript switched off, you will see the FAQ as a normal page.
so how to turn this on ?

thanks for any help
(2015-04-13, 05:00:25)maco-nl Wrote: i see on the page : If you have Javascript switched off, you will see the FAQ as a normal page.
so how to turn this on ?

That usually means you have JavaScript disabled in your browser.
(2015-04-13, 07:55:06)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 05:00:25)maco-nl Wrote: i see on the page : If you have Javascript switched off, you will see the FAQ as a normal page.
so how to turn this on ?

That usually means you have JavaScript disabled in your browser.

hi Datiswous
tnx for your reply
my browser is fine , i use chrome and FF and the examples are working 
only not on my site

i think it has to do with i didn't add the jquery on the right way ,, how can and what must i do to add the query ?
in header.inc.php ?

many thanks
Mandy
(2015-04-13, 16:24:00)maco-nl Wrote: i think it has to do with i didn't add the jquery on the right way ,, how can and what must i do to add the query ?
in header.inc.php ?

You have to place it in the head section of your theme. So between <head> and </head> and above <?php get_header(); ?>
. So look for a template file with the head section in it (assuming there's only one) and ad the jquery url. You can probably use the info on this page:
http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/jquery_get_started.asp
Hi Datiswous Thanks
think it will be something else
cause i had this indeed done but thought i had it wrong

will try something more today

EDIT : have it also running :-)
it had nothing to do whit the plug in but i discovered my ftp damaged files
so toke a other ftp and did re-install get-simple and the faq plug in everything went smooth

many thanks for your help
Thank you for that plugin, it's really handy.
However, it's not working with jquery 3.x, really gave me a hard time to find out (almost got crazy), so i had to make an additional template page and add the necessary code.

Just in case somebody might stumble upon it the same way.

Cheers.
Shasaar
FAQ 1.3:
  • added jQuery 3.x support (works now with jQuery 1.4+, 2.x, 3.x)
Hi Mvlcek,

Thanks for your exquisite FAQ plugin.

However, IMHO, the background image ("+" and "-" images in your version) should be aligned with the top of the header llines, just in case the faq subtitle (styled 'h<level>') occupies multiple lines.

I fixed this by replacing "center" with "top" in the faq-wrapper definitions inside faq.php

.faq-wrapper .faq-question.closed {
      background: url(http://.../data/uploads/faq_closed.jpg) no-repeat left top; /* fv center;*/
    }
.faq-wrapper .faq-question.open {
      background: url(http://.../data/uploads/faq_open.jpg) no-repeat left top; /* fv center;*/
    }

Maybe you want to do this as well in the plugin distro.