Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 Error when updating content AND website no longer renders properly
I'm stumped on this one. I migrated my WORKING GS sites to a new host and they worked at first but now they don't.

I've checked permissions, I've upgraded to 3.3.16, I even wiped the site and did a fresh install of 3.3.16 (which is where I am at now), and when I go to update any content on the page, I get a 500 error. I currently have the site rendering because I replaced the template and deleted the top navigation in the template, but that's just a temporary fix.
The biggest issue I think is the fact that I can't edit pages or templates in admin without getting a 500 error,

The error message I get is:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given in /home/host/public_html/achomeinspections.com/admin/changedata.php:52 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/host/public_html/site.com/admin/changedata.php on line 52

before that, I was getting this error in DEBUG MODE when I tried to access the page and all I could see what the header image but no menu or content.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_i18n_navigation() in /home/host/public_html/site.com/theme/insp/main-header.inc.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /home/host/public_html/site.com/theme/insp/index.php(49): include() #1 /home/host/public_html/site.com/index.php(134): include('/home/ionmodco/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/host/public_html/site.com/theme/insp/main-header.inc.php on line 21

I also read somewhere that GS has an exploit that maybe I just need to move over to a whole new platform (?) but honestly I love GetSimple and usually have no issues with it. If anyone has some suggestions for me on how to fix either or both issues, it would be much appreciated!
Maybe check your .htaccess file. But it seems to be a permissions error.
Also, it does not seem that all files were uploaded, at first glance. Maybe double check.
What version of php were you using before the move and what are you using now?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

I forgot to add, as far as I know, currently there are no security risks with the latest version.
But if you have some info to share, please do.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Sounds like a php8 issue, they are being worked on
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I receive a 500 error whenever I try to make a change to the page's content. Temporarily, I was able to get the site to display by switching to a different template and removing the template's top menu. phrazle
(2023-09-27, 13:15:48)angespectral Wrote: I receive a 500 error whenever I try to make a change to the page's content. Temporarily, I was able to get the site to display by switching to a different template and removing the template's top menu. phrazle

What version of Get-Simle are you using along with your version of php?

I don't know who your web host is,  but my web host is very fond of adding ModSecurity rules at random times that break things.  Specifically, the ability to edit topics or other configuration.

Don't be afraid to chat with your WebHost to see if they did anything.