Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Updating GetSimple to the Community Edition
This is what debug produced:

Quote:[19-Jan-2023 10:18:44 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "HTTP_HOST" in /home/user/public_html/plugins/nokes_sharebar.php:198
Stack trace:
#0 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php(293): sharebar_content()
#1 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(31): exec_action()
#2 /home/user/public_html/theme/Innovation/template.php(47): get_page_content()
#3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(134): include('/home/user/...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/user/public_html/plugins/nokes_sharebar.php on line 198
[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Function strftime() is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 152
[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Function strftime() is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 152
[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "HTTP_HOST" in /home/user/public_html/plugins/nokes_sharebar.php:198
Stack trace:
#0 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php(293): sharebar_content()
#1 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php(31): exec_action()
#2 /home/user/public_html/theme/Innovation/template.php(47): get_page_content()
#3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(134): include('/home/user/...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/user/public_html/plugins/nokes_sharebar.php on line 198

Newsmanager plugin is on 3.6.1 and Addons plugin is on 0.9.5.1, both from PHP8-plugin-site.
News manager is forked from the original authors repo, and he is trying to keep this plugin updated.
So I would recommend sending him that info. Either via PM, a post in the News manager plugin thread, or via Git.
Once he updates this, it will be updated in the CE repo.

Did you try editing your nav call that @mutlicolor suggested?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2023-01-19, 20:33:19)islander Wrote: News manager is forked from the original authors repo, and he is trying to keep this plugin updated.
So I would recommend sending him that info. Either via PM, a post in the News manager plugin thread, or via Git.
Once he updates this, it will be updated in the CE repo.

Did you try editing your nav call that @mutlicolor suggested?

This fix not help him, too much different bug. On 3 different plugins. Soon i try check something more...
Attention Attention Big Grin

- changing the navigation component is done, but did not help

- the problem was that rather old Nokes Sharebar plugin! Seems I did not really deactivate it when testing. I deleted it completely and most pages are without errors under PHP 8.1 now.

- now I have only one type of pages that still produce an error: News Manager Single Post pages. The debug says:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php:916 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php(916): implode() #1 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager.php(168): nm_update_meta_keywords() #2 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php(293): nm_frontend_init() #3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(130): exec_action() #4 {main} thrown in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php on line 916

By the way now I know that a PHP error message is only severe when it is called "Fatal error". "Deprecated" only means: it still works, but not in the next PHP version. So I will have to change strftime calls for the future. At the moment they work.

But: what to do with News Manager Single Post pages?
(2023-01-20, 00:16:43)Hypertexter Wrote: Attention Attention Big Grin

- changing the navigation component is done, but did not help

- the problem was that rather old Nokes Sharebar plugin! Seems I did not really deactivate it when testing. I deleted it completely and most pages are without errors under PHP 8.1 now.

- now I have only one type of pages that still produce an error: News Manager Single Post pages. The debug says:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php:916 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php(916): implode() #1 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager.php(168): nm_update_meta_keywords() #2 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php(293): nm_frontend_init() #3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(130): exec_action() #4 {main} thrown in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php on line 916

By the way now I know that a PHP error message is only severe when it is called "Fatal error". "Deprecated" only means: it still works, but not in the next PHP version. So I will have to change strftime calls for the future. At the moment they work.

But: what to do with News Manager Single Post pages?

It usually takes a day or two for Carlos to reply, but I am sure he will get back with a fix.
Also let him know about the strftime, that should be an easier fix.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

[quote pid="73497" dateline="1674144916"]
It usually takes a day or two for Carlos to reply, but I am sure he will get back with a fix.
Also let him know about the strftime, that should be an easier fix.
[/quote]

It took one or two hours Smile
It is fixed: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid73498

Thank you for your help, too.
I will look for that strftime later. Perhaps it is only a problem of my site, I use it there manually.