Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM On setup I get Error: There was a problem with your website URL
I am a first-time user of GetSimple and I am trying to install GetSimple on a local virtual machine, which is a Bitnami LEMP stack.
The setup URL for this is 192.168.1.21/admin/setup.php
At the second page of installation titled 'GetSimple Installation' I am asked for a 'Website Name', what should I enter here?
I have tried 192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.21/admin but both return with
Error: There was a problem with your website URL

Your help would be appreciated.
(2023-05-25, 21:50:20)paintbrush Wrote: I am a first-time user of GetSimple and I am trying to install GetSimple on a local virtual machine, which is a Bitnami LEMP stack.
The setup URL for this is 192.168.1.21/admin/setup.php
At the second page of installation titled 'GetSimple Installation' I am asked for a 'Website Name', what should I enter here?
I have tried 192.168.1.21 and 192.168.1.21/admin but both return with
Error: There was a problem with your website URL

Your help would be appreciated.

This is what you want to call your site.
For example, it could be "Test Site", "PaintBrush", "Bobs Bergers", etc.
And its not a permanent decision either. In the admin settings page, you can update this, so if you had "PaintBrush", you could change it later to "PaintBrush.com" or "Paint Brush".

I dont know why you would be receiving that error though, as it should be able to except what you put in too.
Working on a localhost, it is common to receive a message like "Error: There was a problem sending out the registration information via email." as man localhosts are not setup by default to send email. but everything should still run fine.

So it may be an issue with your Bitnami LEMP stack, which I am not familiar with. Maybe someone else here is.

The admin name, is not able to be changed. At least not very easy. But you will be requested to update the password, and can do that at any time.

Hope that helps.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Thanks for your help islander. I have had a look in errorlog.txt and several errors are recorded, all similar
PHP Warning: chmod() operation not permitted in /opt/bitnami/nginx/html/admin/install.php on line 44
I did changes the permissions on data folders and backup folders as requested. Are there other folders that I need to change permissions on?
(2023-05-26, 05:58:08)paintbrush Wrote: Thanks for your help islander. I have had a look in errorlog.txt and several errors are recorded, all similar
PHP Warning: chmod() operation not permitted in /opt/bitnami/nginx/html/admin/install.php on line 44
I did changes the permissions on data folders and backup folders as requested. Are there other folders that I need to change permissions on?

I think that is it.
But I guess I should also be asking what version of PHP and GS are you using?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

It was a permissions problem, the original "Error: There was a problem with your website URL" is misleading.
I switched to a Bitnami LAMP stack which seems to be more widely used and found that permissions could be sorted out with two lines:
sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs
sudo chmod -R g+w /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs
Thanks for your help islander.