Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it rank?
Hey everyone. I just heard about getsimple and was wondering if anyone knows if it ranks as well as wordpress does? Or does it even mater what cms you use? I have never built any sites using anything but word press and am looking for an alternative. I want to build a website not a blog.
well, what do you expect us to say?

Have a look at websites like CMSMatrix and find out how many CMS Systems exist

In oppposite to WP (which is propagated as ONE FOR EVERYTHING AND ALL), GetSimple has a defined target:

offering everything you need for a small website without those features that you don't need ;=)

the best is to find out yourself, if GS fits your needs (do a test-installation, find out which functionality is missing for you and stroll through the plugin-list!)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
@leojaxx, Are you wondering if it ranks as well in regards to SEO?

That is something I am also interested in. I have no answers yet but I am in the midst of testing it out during the next couple of weeks.

I will say though that I am highly impressed with the fact that this CMS has maintained its target as being an answer for a website and not a blog.

Rob
Well WP is big because it aims to be everything to everyone. CMS, too, can be big and cumbersome but GS aims to be a clean and light CMS. I too would like to know if GS has built-in SEO enhancements like some WP themes.
Danhill Wrote:I too would like to know if GS has built-in SEO enhancements like some WP themes.
From the top off my head regarding SEO:
  • GS supports canonical URLs
  • Meta description/keywords for individual pages
  • Modifies page slugs by way of the Transliteration plugin (to be included into core)
  • GS supports "Fancy URLs" and a basic permalink structure
  • GS helps you maintain a sitemap.xml (version 3.1 will extend this)
  • There's a plugin called Link Juice which helps creating redirects
  • GS optionally pings search engines on page modifications
@polyfragmented - very well said! that about covers it all!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
polyfragmented Wrote:
Danhill Wrote:I too would like to know if GS has built-in SEO enhancements like some WP themes.
From the top off my head regarding SEO:
  • GS supports canonical URLs
  • Meta description/keywords for individual pages
  • Modifies page slugs by way of the Transliteration plugin (to be included into core)
  • GS supports "Fancy URLs" and a basic permalink structure
  • GS helps you maintain a sitemap.xml (version 3.1 will extend this)
  • There's a plugin called Link Juice which helps creating redirects
  • GS optionally pings search engines on page modifications

I'm kinda new to get-simple as well and I'm impressed with its features. With these features, this platform can equally ranks very well with other platforms such as wordpress or drupal. And, of course...to rank well in the search engines, you have to have good content on it. Well-optimized page both on-page and off-page. If those static pages can rank well, this one has no question ranking, too.